U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Where Would You Rather Live?
Scranton 50 49.02%
Hell 52 50.98%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-25-2008, 11:25 PM
 
2,783 posts, read 6,256,000 times
Reputation: 851

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuindecisive View Post
I might have to pick Hell simply because The Office is so horribly bad.
False.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-26-2008, 08:06 AM
 
Location: Pompano Beach, Florida
85 posts, read 232,631 times
Reputation: 42
lol so far hell is winning 35 to 34
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2008, 09:00 AM
 
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
7,731 posts, read 11,943,900 times
Reputation: 5939
Quote:
lol so far hell is winning 35 to 34
Not anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2008, 09:40 AM
 
Location: Somewhere in Texas
5,199 posts, read 11,343,400 times
Reputation: 2590
You said it......"how ridiculous."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2008, 10:18 AM
 
Location: Scarsdale, NY
2,775 posts, read 10,567,264 times
Reputation: 794
Judging by the poll results, it appears that there are a lot of psychos here on City-Data. What I want to know is why anybody would vote for Hell. Scranton is closer to Heaven than Hell and it disgusts me when people joke make jokes about things like this. I'm a Catholic and my father is a very strong Catholic as is my grandfather and obviously some people think it's some kind of game.

I voted for Scranton because I have a brain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2008, 10:24 AM
 
Location: Polish Hill, Pittsburgh, PA
29,617 posts, read 65,648,793 times
Reputation: 15060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futcha View Post
Judging by the poll results, it appears that there are a lot of psychos here on City-Data. What I want to know is why anybody would vote for Hell. Scranton is closer to Heaven than Hell and it disgusts me when people joke make jokes about things like this. I'm a Catholic and my father is a very strong Catholic as is my grandfather and obviously some people think it's some kind of game.

I voted for Scranton because I have a brain.
Simmer down, young tadpole! I, too, voted for "Hell" as a mere joke. With how awful 2008 has been for so many people, including myself, I just thought this General U.S. forum could use a bit of comic relief instead of the incessant threads where people from Texas beat their chests and wet their pants about how much better they are than Chicago. Some people took this tongue-in-cheek, as I had expected. I also expected many to vote for Hell over Scranton simply because Scranton's reputation is THAT bad to the rest of the BosWash Corridor (and yet the New Yorkers are pushing each other over in droves to move here).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2008, 11:49 AM
 
Location: John From Scranton
858 posts, read 2,688,885 times
Reputation: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
The Office = *vomits*

That show is God awful. LOL, no offense.
I live here in Scranton! And never watched or even put that DUMB show on.. the "Office" What a joke!! And more of a waste of my tax money!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2008, 11:52 AM
 
2,248 posts, read 6,038,222 times
Reputation: 2062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futcha View Post
Judging by the poll results, it appears that there are a lot of psychos here on City-Data. What I want to know is why anybody would vote for Hell. Scranton is closer to Heaven than Hell and it disgusts me when people joke make jokes about things like this. I'm a Catholic and my father is a very strong Catholic as is my grandfather and obviously some people think it's some kind of game.

I voted for Scranton because I have a brain.
Dude, it's a joke. Calm down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2008, 12:15 PM
 
Location: John From Scranton
858 posts, read 2,688,885 times
Reputation: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Simmer down, young tadpole! I, too, voted for "Hell" as a mere joke.
Next time try make sure your post and or topic, state its a JOKE!
To me its not so funny. You know damn well how many people search online about Scranton.. And whats going to pop up??? "Scranton v Hell"
Use your brain before posting something like this. Once again being to young to know better.

Scranton, already has a bad rep, don't need high school kids adding to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post

With how awful 2008 has been for so many people, including myself, I just thought this General U.S. forum could use a bit of comic relief instead of the incessant threads where people from Texas beat their chests and wet their pants about how much better they are than Chicago. Some people took this tongue-in-cheek, as I had expected.
So why start a topic, you already knew was going to get out of hand.
And why bring Texas, into this topic?? What did the fine folkes down there do to you>

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
I also expected many to vote for Hell over Scranton simply because Scranton's reputation is THAT bad to the rest of the BosWash Corridor
So heres a good idea.. I already know "Scranton's reputation is THAT bad" so let me start another topic, and add to it.. OMG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
(and yet the New Yorkers are pushing each other over in droves to move here).
Yes and you know the reason why... Because many people on here are your friends from NY. And you know why they move here.. So whats your point!?!?

And Im not calling you or anyone out.. As you would like to put it. I just strongly disagree with this topic, and should be removed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2008, 12:36 PM
 
3,326 posts, read 7,522,007 times
Reputation: 1957
I chose Scranton, because Hell sounds suspiciously like the sunbelt, which I could never live in.
I like The Office a lot, even though it's filmed in Hell... uh.... I mean.. southern California, not Scranton. The vegetation in the background gives it away. Scranton is much more lush and green than Hell.

What on earth does Hillary Clinton have to do with Scranton? Is she carpet-bagging there, too?
Um, I leave it at that.
Trying to be nice, even though she's Hillary........................................... ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top