Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Atlanta or Dallas??
Atlanta 159 55.02%
Dallas 130 44.98%
Voters: 289. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 09:24 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,911,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
Heck there's even a big show tonight at the Southside Ballroom

Excision

EXCISION 2014 TOUR (Official Tour Trailer) - YouTube

Who wants to go?

Thats same show was in Atlanta too. Yawn !!!!

Old 02-23-2014, 09:36 PM

215 posts, read 379,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
By that, Im assuming you mean black men?
He would have to mean AA's. I don't thing the Asian and Hispanic gay scene is exploding in Atlanta, pretty Oreo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
Yes.
Yuck. Give me Dallas.

Old 02-24-2014, 03:42 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,797,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
Thats same show was in Atlanta too. Yawn !!!!
And Seattle,Spokane,and Portland to name a few.

Old 02-24-2014, 07:37 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,303,518 times
I'm well aware that Excision is a traveling show. I was just giving an example. Don't get too excited there.

Old 02-24-2014, 07:48 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,303,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lunatic & A Therapist View Post
He would have to mean AA's. I don't thing the Asian and Hispanic gay scene is exploding in Atlanta, pretty Oreo.

Yuck. Give me Dallas.
I would be bored in an environment that caters to one culture. I like the diversity in Dallas.
It just seems so limited to me to be surrounded by the same types of people.

Last edited by R1070; 02-24-2014 at 08:05 PM..

Old 02-24-2014, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
I would be bored in an environment that caters to one culture. I like the diversity in Dallas.
It just seems so limited to me to be surrounded by the same types of people.
Exactly, me too. Atlanta caters to hip hop and AA's..... Not my scene

Old 02-25-2014, 12:06 AM

It is inconceivable that the 10th largest city in America caters to one race more than any other.That extends to sexual idenity also.

There are cities where the infrastructure of some groups because of longer historical ties and geography allow for a more thriving populace but this notion that another group suffers because of it is nonesense that is not logical or factual.

You have made several statements in this regard that have been facticious and just plain deliberately decietful.

YOU said before that only African Americans do well in Atlanta,but when i presented evidence and facts showing things like poverty rates among minority groups in different cities was higher in many cities besides Atlanta,you had nothing to say.

Im not sure what your problem is with this insane hate for anything Southern but at least you could be is honest.
Atlanta is far from Oreo.
I have tenants from Turkey,Germany,Ghana and have had tenants from Korea,France,Spain,China etc.

In Atlanta I recently went to a Diwali Festival at the larest BAPS temple outside of India with my closest friends who are Indian,Polish,Bangledeshi and German.

Every other weekend we hang out at a bar called Church where you see people of every race hanging out.

I lived in Witchita Falls and woud go to Dallas every weekend and it feels more segregated.The clubs,bars,resturants everything.
There are so many areas in Dallas that you won't see a black person.In fact its pure white in many places that are wealthy in Dallas.

In Atlanta you see blacks,Asians and other groups EVERYWHERE until you get 35 miles north of the city then its fairly white.

Last edited by JMT; 02-25-2014 at 04:03 AM..

Old 02-25-2014, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
It is inconceivable that the 10th largest city in America caters to one race more than any other.That extends to sexual idenity also.

There are cities where the infrastructure of some groups because of longer historical ties and geography allow for a more thriving populace but this notion that another group suffers because of it is nonesense that is not logical or factual.

You have made several statements in this regard that have been facticious and just plain deliberately decietful.

YOU said before that only African Americans do well in Atlanta,but when i presented evidence and facts showing things like poverty rates among minority groups in different cities was higher in many cities besides Atlanta,you had nothing to say.

Im not sure what your problem is with this insane hate for anything Southern but at least you could be is honest.
I have tenants from Turkey,Germany,Ghana and have had tenants from Korea,France,Spain,China etc.

In Atlanta I recently went to a Diwali Festival at the larest BAPS temple outside of India with my closest friends who are Indian,Polish,Bangledeshi and German.

Every other weekend we hang out at a bar called Church where you see people of every race hanging out.

I lived in Witchita Falls and woud go to Dallas every weekend and it feels more segregated.The clubs,bars,resturants everything.
There are so many areas in Dallas that you won't see a black person.In fact its pure white in many places that are wealthy in Dallas.

In Atlanta you see blacks,Asians and other groups EVERYWHERE until you get 35 miles north of the city then its fairly white.
Fwiw, I have lived inn Dalkas and Atlanta. I liked and had a higher qol in Dallas.

Last edited by JMT; 02-25-2014 at 04:04 AM..

Old 02-25-2014, 06:51 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,744,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post

You had me until the last paragraphs.

I agree that Atlanta is not an Oreo area nor does Atlanta cater solely to blacks. It is too diverse for that.

However, Dallas is more diverse and integrated than Atlanta is. Thats not just based on my experiences, but based on statistical data as well.

In both cities you will find clubs and bars that feature just one race and you will find those that are mixed. The clubs in question that we were talking about were gay clubs. Those are more diverse in Dallas in my experience. Atlanta does cater to gay blacks better than any other city in the US in my opinion.

Old 02-25-2014, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
You had me until the last paragraphs.

I agree that Atlanta is not an Oreo area nor does Atlanta cater solely to blacks. It is too diverse for that.

However, Dallas is more diverse and integrated than Atlanta is. Thats not just based on my experiences, but based on statistical data as well.

In both cities you will find clubs and bars that feature just one race and you will find those that are mixed. The clubs in question that we were talking about were gay clubs. Those are more diverse in Dallas in my experience. Atlanta does cater to gay blacks better than any other city in the US in my opinion.

Dallas is more diverse but as a black male Dallas for me was not the most comfortable city.Not bad or anything but the feeking was just not like many other places I have been.
Preston Hollow,Park Cities,University and Highland Park are more segrgated than any place I have been in Atlanta

And there is evidence that supports that my feeling has merit.Recently Dallas was singled out by the federal government as having city leaders promoting racial segrgation in some areas.
The Feds Say Dallas City Hall Has Promoted Racial Segregation in Housing Projects for Years

Dallas is a lot more economically segregated as well.

I am not saying Dallas is bad for blacks or anything like that but just because its mnore diverse mean its more comfortable for certain groups either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City