Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Skyline is Better LA or Dallas
Downtown Los Angeles 26 68.42%
Downtown Dallas 15 39.47%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 07:46 PM

1,423 posts, read 4,687,009 times

Advertisements

Which City Has the better Skyline or Downtown?They both look similar to me what do you think Is Better? Los Angeles or Dallas? You are allowed to vote for both if you can't decide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 07:52 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,857,927 times
my vote goes to both downtowns. I like the mountain backdrop of the los angeles skyline and I like how dallas lights up the skyscrapers in their downtown

Old 01-02-2009, 07:57 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,376,095 times
WTF? Is Dallas becoming the new Houston on this message board?

Old 01-03-2009, 07:52 AM

321 posts, read 1,097,194 times
Dallas hardly has a downtown... Maybe you think it has because what you on CD call downtown Dallas has.
But what you call downtown is the same thing as Parking lots, office buildings, parking garage's and other empty buildings or apartment buildings with nothing else in the bottom of the apartment buildings.
But that's not downtown is all about.
Los Angeles has got some real downtown on Broadway and little bit on other streets close to Broadway.

Old 01-03-2009, 07:55 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerfield View Post
WTF? Is Dallas becoming the new Houston on this message board?
Yeah, those were my thoughts exactly...

Old 01-03-2009, 11:05 AM

1,528 posts, read 6,289,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian/SWE View Post
Dallas hardly has a downtown... Maybe you think it has because what you on CD call downtown Dallas has.
But what you call downtown is the same thing as Parking lots, office buildings, parking garage's and other empty buildings or apartment buildings with nothing else in the bottom of the apartment buildings.
Los Angeles has got some real downtown on Broadway and little bit on other streets close to Broadway.
Uhh, yeah...
I'll be the first to say that DT Dallas isn't that great.
But what I hear neither is DT Los Angeles.
So When I saw this I though it was like comparing a rotton apple to a rotton Green apple... HAHA
But DT has improved and while it has it's share of parking garages, they're efforts to revitalize downtown.
and what some other members have told me that Downtown Dallas is not that bad compared to DT Houston or Los Angeles (not intending to bash...I wouldn't know because I don't head for Downtown when I visit a city unless its where everything is at)
But I wouldn't say Los Angeles beats out Dallas, if at all, by that much... or at least off of what I've heard.
Now we ARE talking of Downtown here, not anything else in the city.
Here some pictures, and off of this it looks both downtowns look similar:

That was Los Angeles, This is Dallas
http://img2.travelblog.org/Photos/11820/57522/f/330462-Downtown-Dallas-0.jpg (broken link)

Its hard to find down to ground pictures so I took the first ones I could find.
I'm sure if you were to look through the Dallas or Los Angeles thread it might give you a bigger picture.

Edit:
I took the time to dig up some threads...
Dallas:
I LOVE Dallas Photos
Downtown Dallas Pictures

Los Angeles:
Los Angeles pics

some of those LA ones do look more lively I have to admit... but make your own decision, the LA one i massive so I put 2 Dallas ones to do justice...

Last edited by CMDallas; 01-03-2009 at 11:18 AM..

Old 01-03-2009, 11:33 AM

4,383 posts, read 16,766,060 times
Ive only been to DT Dallas so ill have to go with that! I really liked downtown too! Exceeded my expectations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian/SWE View Post
Just wow

Old 01-03-2009, 12:43 PM

217 posts, read 292,461 times
I like D-town L.A. but Dallas is cool too. I like Dallas's architechture, but I got to go with L.A. on this.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:34 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Downtown Dallas seemed nicer to me. The downtown area of L.A. was full of bums, a lot of graffitti and an overdominance of Hispanic stores and not much else. Not my style.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:56 PM

7,731 posts, read 13,429,365 times
Downtown Los Angeles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City