Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Columbus or Denver
Denver 46 77.97%
Columbus 13 22.03%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 09:07 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,379,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
I've been in Columbus, IN and it's a LOT easier to get around than Denver, CO! Yeah, Denver is closer to the Rockies than Columbus, IN but Columbus, IN has a wondeful, small-town feel. Columbus is also next to Brown County, which has plenty to see and do. And Indy's not that far up the road, either!
Columbus, OHIO.

I think a lot of people who voted in this poll really have no idea how nice Columbus, OH really is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 12:21 PM

351 posts, read 649,833 times
I think Columbus suffers from being in Ohio--so a lot of people assume it's just another bland, dumpy rustbelt town. It is a lot nicer than people think. I'm just not sure if it's any better than Denver.

Old 01-12-2009, 03:27 AM

7,731 posts, read 13,428,520 times
Quote:
Where would you move?
Columbus.

Old 01-14-2009, 01:09 AM

20 posts, read 26,129 times
I would say Denver

Old 01-14-2009, 07:29 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,582,776 times
I would say Denver may be nicer, but I would choose to live in a suburb of Columbus and visit Denver for vacation if that makes sense.

Old 01-14-2009, 12:05 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,533,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerDuke08 View Post
I would say Denver may be nicer, but I would choose to live in a suburb of Columbus and visit Denver for vacation if that makes sense.
makes sense to me; I'd much rather live in Ohio's state capital (If I didn't live in Columbus, IN...) I like Denver, and it's a great place to visit. But I'd never live there.

Old 03-25-2014, 06:33 PM

222 posts, read 579,031 times
If the job markets are close in which they are I would go to Denver even though i am living here in Columbus. Denver has much more to offer, seems more innovative, and also more sunshine, just don't care for the feet of snow though. I also think Denver is more beautiful and more of a transportation hub than Columbus. Columbus is dreary and rainy a lot, but would say it is warmer and probably and I am saying a big probably more diverse.

Old 03-25-2014, 09:56 PM

39 posts, read 46,773 times
Default Up.

Denver. Columbus wouldn't even be the first city in Ohio I would choose to live in. I'm not into skiing much but it's nice to have the option close at hand. It'd be nice to have all five major sports represented locally. Plus I just think the area is prettier in Colorado and I think the culture/nightlife is generally superior there too.

Old 03-31-2014, 12:50 AM

2,848 posts, read 6,438,068 times
Definitely Columbus. The economy is a little better than Columbus in Denver other than that the only thing that Denver has over Columbus is better scenery and the mountains.

Denver is sooo isolated however. Columbus is close to Cleveland, Cincinnati, Indy, Detroit, Pittsburgh, and not too far from Atlanta and Chicago or New York City. Denver is just far far away from any other major city.

Also, except for the higher Hispanic population Columbus is more diverse than Denver and Ohio State blows away University of Colorado.

Denver has superior transit to Columbus but Columbus as whole is more urban than Denver.

Alot of people that do not know Columbus assume it's a typical rust belt city but what they don't know is it's totally different. It's modern, clean with a strong diverse economy.

Old 03-31-2014, 01:20 AM

6,083 posts, read 10,702,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
Definitely Columbus. The economy is a little better than Columbus in Denver other than that the only thing that Denver has over Columbus is better scenery and the mountains.

Denver is sooo isolated however. Columbus is close to Cleveland, Cincinnati, Indy, Detroit, Pittsburgh, and not too far from Atlanta and Chicago or New York City. Denver is just far far away from any other major city.

Also, except for the higher Hispanic population Columbus is more diverse than Denver and Ohio State blows away University of Colorado.

Denver has superior transit to Columbus but Columbus as whole is more urban than Denver.

Alot of people that do not know Columbus assume it's a typical rust belt city but what they don't know is it's totally different. It's modern, clean with a strong diverse economy.
Denver definitely has more over Columbus than scenery and transit. And in what way is Columbus more urban than Denver? Being close to other cities also don't make a city better when discussing two cities. I notice people resort to that a lot when discussing Denver, just because it's an obvious disadvange the city has.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City