U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ouston or Dallas?? Whisch gets your vote??
Houston 36 53.73%
Dallas 31 46.27%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 04:17 PM

18,207 posts, read 25,902,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondm View Post
damn dude why are following me? dallas does not have 6.5 mill joe thats a joke within itself. maybe dfw as a whole does but not dallas alone. i didnt say dallas wastn buliding but their not buliding as much for houston and thats because houston doesnt have zoning so dallas cant possibly keeping up with houston. your oblivious yeah im basing this from what i see and from what i see dallas and houston arent on the same level as of now houston is above dallas. so you think green and orange lights make a good skyline see now your defently out of place comparing the slylines. dallas skyline barely looks good as the houston uptown skyline, so enough with that and houston is closer to that internationl status than dallas will ever be. for one example dallas doesnt have a chinatown. so stop following me dude
Who is following you for one? Just because somebody responds to you in a thread does not mean someone is following you. If you are that paranoid that people are responding to you on a message board than that's your issue. So nobody is hating on you either. If somebody disagrees with your logic, it's not hating whatsoever.

Dallas as a city IS in fact building just as much as Houston. When you look at Emporis, you'd see that Houston and Dallas has the same amount of construction. When I say Dallas, I mean the entire DFW area anyway. No disrespect to Fort Worth as it is a major city on it's own itself, but Dallas is the primary city and economic engine of that area and this is what most people refer to when trying to name the city of that area.

BTW, who said anything about green and orange lights? I said lines and I'm speaking of the transportation system that Dallas has which is far ahead of Houston's as of right now. DART will start construction in the next few weeks that will link Downtown Dallas to DFW airport. TOD's are being built in and around Dallas on these new DART lines. You're right on one end. Dallas doesn't have a Chinatown. It does however have a Koreatown. There are strips of different Asian communities throughout the city.

Your zoning reference is irrelevant so I won't respond to that. But as much as you want to not believe it, Dallas and Houston are on the same level. We asked you in the Texas forum and the general forum before. Give us reasons for you to think Houston is so much higher on a level than Dallas. And what level of cities is Houston on? What are Houston's peers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 04:24 PM

18,207 posts, read 25,902,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondm View Post
houston= 2.2 mil
dallas= 1.2 mil that says it, dallas needs to get in the top cities in the nation to be considered.
So let's go by your logic here.

San Antonio 1,200,000 people
Washington 588,000 people
According to you, San Antonio is more important and at a much higher level than Washington DC.

Phoenix 1,500,000
San Francisco 800,000
According to you, Phoenix is more important and at a much higher level than San Francisco.

Jacksonville 760,000
Miami 405,000
According to you, Jacksonville is more important and at a much higher level than Miami.

Memphis 680,000
Atlanta 520,000
According to you, Memphis is more important and at a much higher level than Atlanta.

Do you understand how comparing arbitrary city population numbers are irrelevant?

Old 03-14-2009, 09:09 PM

2,057 posts, read 4,743,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
So let's go by your logic here.

San Antonio 1,200,000 people
Washington 588,000 people
According to you, San Antonio is more important and at a much higher level than Washington DC.

Phoenix 1,500,000
San Francisco 800,000
According to you, Phoenix is more important and at a much higher level than San Francisco.

Jacksonville 760,000
Miami 405,000
According to you, Jacksonville is more important and at a much higher level than Miami.

Memphis 680,000
Atlanta 520,000
According to you, Memphis is more important and at a much higher level than Atlanta.

Do you understand how comparing arbitrary city population numbers are irrelevant?
you are 100% right.

the city population doesnt matter.... its the metro area population that makes the most impact

Old 03-14-2009, 09:17 PM

342 posts, read 599,094 times
blah blah blah blah blah!

Old 03-14-2009, 09:19 PM

42,203 posts, read 49,753,916 times
I like the feel and the proximity of Dallas better. Things seem more accessible. Traffic is better. The area just looks prettier to me. Oh...and the weather is way way way better.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:33 PM

342 posts, read 599,094 times
the top 5 cities in population all are the best city in their state.

Old 03-23-2009, 02:20 AM

205 posts, read 638,281 times
where is the "neither" button?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City