U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 07:25 PM

133 posts, read 94,238 times

Advertisements

^ I GOT the answer right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2016, 05:01 PM

518 posts, read 404,151 times
Best: Boston, Philly, Chicago, NYC, Detroit. These 5 are way ahead of the rest of the pack regarding fan support

Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Buffalo and STL also have very passionate fans.

Dallas, Nola, LA, and San Fran have surprisingly good fan support for Western/ Sunbelt cities

Worst: Miami, Atlanta, Houston, Phoenix, Jax (do they really count with one team)

Old 01-03-2016, 06:41 PM

31 posts, read 11,514 times
The interesting fact of the above is this-I MOVED from LA to MA in 1995-I can tell you this-if I asked the average Pats fan to name me the starting backfield of the PATS in -oh-1974-it was Jim Plunkett at QB-and the backs were Mack Herron and Sam Cunningham of USC fame-I'd be greeted by blank stares-also -none would know Chuck Fairbanks was the coach-none-and I am friends with tons of PATS fans-would remember the Sugar Ray Hamilton penalty on Kenny Stabler-all of this is just ample proof that these people are bandwagon Johnny-Come-Latelies-but that's the way it is here. It's a region that takes itself too seriously-when I moved here-and said I was from LA-I'd ask them questions about their teams-like-name me the Celtic starting 5 in 1974-and no one could do it. My point is the fans that post on so many sites really don't know anything at all, other than cliches and rah-rah nonsense. There are some truly knowledgeable fans here-but honestly-I could count them on two hands...most are Boston number one baby. And college sports-especially football-are completely ignored in these parts, except for Doug Flutie-who New Englanders think is the greatest college football player in history.

Old 01-03-2016, 07:01 PM

621 posts, read 363,212 times
hmm... As to the Oakland game; Biggest heist ever... and Oakland's other loss that season? Pats in Foxboro, and we didn't need to look up the score (48-17). I watched it and dad was at the game... The one thing i'll never forget was how excited he was about how he and his cronies spent most of the day heckling Madden.

Old 01-03-2016, 07:23 PM

8,640 posts, read 8,775,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Dodger View Post
The interesting fact of the above is this-I MOVED from LA to MA in 1995-I can tell you this-if I asked the average Pats fan to name me the starting backfield of the PATS in -oh-1974-it was Jim Plunkett at QB-and the backs were Mack Herron and Sam Cunningham of USC fame-I'd be greeted by blank stares-also -none would know Chuck Fairbanks was the coach-none-and I am friends with tons of PATS fans-would remember the Sugar Ray Hamilton penalty on Kenny Stabler-all of this is just ample proof that these people are bandwagon Johnny-Come-Latelies-but that's the way it is here. It's a region that takes itself too seriously-when I moved here-and said I was from LA-I'd ask them questions about their teams-like-name me the Celtic starting 5 in 1974-and no one could do it. My point is the fans that post on so many sites really don't know anything at all, other than cliches and rah-rah nonsense. There are some truly knowledgeable fans here-but honestly-I could count them on two hands...most are Boston number one baby. And college sports-especially football-are completely ignored in these parts, except for Doug Flutie-who New Englanders think is the greatest college football player in history.
http://blog.tiqiq.com/2013/09/2013-1...t-prices-team/
Coming off a season that they didn't make the playoffs the Bruins average ticket is $222 (secondary Market)
The price of a Ducks and Kings Ticket combined (two 2014 playoff teams) $217
That's right, you can go to a Ducks and a Kings game for less than the price of a Bruins game, and both teams were better last year than the Bruins.
Anaheim can't even outdraw the Bruins with prices that are about than 40% that of Bruins tickets (90 v 222)
The Boston Garden sells out, its just a smaller arena than most, so attendance figures are in the middle of the pack because you can't legally put 20,000 people in a 17,500 seat arena.
The Red Sox are the most expensive ticket in the MLB
https://www.teammarketing.com/public...lb+fci+(1).pdf
price=demand. The demand is there for Boston Sports Tickets, more so than almost every other city

Old 01-03-2016, 08:01 PM

518 posts, read 404,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
NHL Average Ticket Prices By Team
Coming off a season that they didn't make the playoffs the Bruins average ticket is $222 (secondary Market)
The price of a Ducks and Kings Ticket combined (two 2014 playoff teams) $217
That's right, you can go to a Ducks and a Kings game for less than the price of a Bruins game, and both teams were better last year than the Bruins.
Anaheim can't even outdraw the Bruins with prices that are about than 40% that of Bruins tickets (90 v 222)
The Boston Garden sells out, its just a smaller arena than most, so attendance figures are in the middle of the pack because you can't legally put 20,000 people in a 17,500 seat arena.
The Red Sox are the most expensive ticket in the MLB
https://www.teammarketing.com/public...lb+fci+(1).pdf
price=demand. The demand is there for Boston Sports Tickets, more so than almost every other city
In my opinion, % of arena filled is more telling than actual attendance numbers. Anybody filling their arena to 100% capacity every night has great fans. End of discussion.

Old 01-03-2016, 08:09 PM

1,564 posts, read 1,008,727 times
Best : L.A,Nyc,Philly,Chicago,Boston,Bay area

Worst : Miami & Cleveland !!!!!

Old 01-06-2016, 01:42 AM

11,785 posts, read 9,708,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe25 View Post
Best : L.A,Nyc,Philly,Chicago,Boston,Bay area

Worst : Miami & Cleveland !!!!!
LOL, no bias here. Clevelanders take their sports seriously and much of their inferiority complex stems from their tortured sports history. People in California can take or leave sports and there are only a few teams with a truly passionate fan base (namely the Warriors, Raiders & Lakers). Do you really think Chicago or Philadelphia could go 20 years without an NFL team without some sort of huge uprising?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or