U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2009, 01:37 PM

718 posts, read 2,080,700 times

Advertisements

After 8 pages of this thread Ive come to the conclusion that there is no best sports town. Its too subjective. But there is an award that goes to biggest homer sports town. The fans that sip their hometown kool aid and think their teams/fans are the end all. That award goes to Philadelphia.

Ive been to Eagles games in Philly before. Many of the people at these games are NOT from the city of Philadelphia. Everybody in the oh so dangerous 700 level of the Vet was a whiteboy accountant ex-fratboy type from King of Prussia or Quakertown. They all get drunk off Keystone Light and play tough guy but we all know they are suburban pansys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
Frat boys? Definitely not Eagles fans, that's for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 02:43 PM

2,958 posts, read 5,524,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWereRabbit View Post
HOW DARE PEOPLE NOT INCLUDE PHILADELPHIA ON THEIR LIST? you are all fuciknnnnn fools. PHiladelphia fans are the most powerful people on earth, the world quakes when they walk and they burn down cities and santa claus villages everywhere!!!!!!!! I am going to spend every waking minute of my life on this thread waiting for people to not include philly so I can assault them because THATS HOW PHILLY DOES IT BIIIIIIIIYYYYYATCHHHHH. RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOA RRRRRR
LMAO I love your posts.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DITC View Post
Ive been to Eagles games in Philly before. Many of the people at these games are NOT from the city of Philadelphia. Everybody in the oh so dangerous 700 level of the Vet was a whiteboy accountant ex-fratboy type from King of Prussia or Quakertown. They all get drunk off Keystone Light and play tough guy but we all know they are suburban pansys.
Lol could not have worded it better myself. The city of Philly is definitely anything but soft, but its those suburban tards that try so hard to be tough that end up being the face of the Eagles' fan base. Thats mostly what I see both in person and on TV.

I will say that although they have no class and I deplore how they behave, the "crazy" Raiders fans are no joke and will quickly get violent. I might not like either one, but the rowdy Raiders fans would easily whoop the sissy frat boy Eagles fans that I've seen. But then again, that's really matching up trust fund/private school kids with felons and gang members.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Frat boys? Definitely not Eagles fans, that's for sure.
Not all Eagles fans of course, just most of the ones I have come across in person and seen on TV at the games. If you don't fit the description then you're not who I'm talking about.

Old 01-15-2009, 05:15 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,277,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
But then again, that's really matching up trust fund/private school kids with felons and gang members.
If they're from KoP or Quakertown, they're not trust fund kids, trust me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
Not all Eagles fans of course, just most of the ones I have come across in person and seen on TV at the games. If you don't fit the description then you're not who I'm talking about.
Well I'm from the Burbs, but I dont drink beer, so I dont exactly fit that description.

Old 01-16-2009, 02:57 AM

Quote:
If they're from KoP or Quakertown, they're not trust fund kids, trust me...

Well I'm from the Burbs, but I dont drink beer, so I dont exactly fit that description.
And you're not coming at me all douchey and over-defensive like I'd expect from one of them, so you're definitely in the clear.

Old 01-16-2009, 04:21 PM

767 posts, read 1,789,243 times
FYI - A recent MSN sports article ranked Philly and KC as having the best football fans in the NFL. Being a Packers fan, I don't know if I totally buy that because the fans at Lambeau are about as revved as I have ever seen (along with Lakers fans at Staples, which is also a totally awsome experience). But I've never been to a game at either Philly or KC. So all I can say is that the fans must be pretty good both places (even if good means behaving badly.....). So good job Philly and KC. Rock on!

Old 01-16-2009, 04:24 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,106,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Illinois 1 View Post
FYI - A recent MSN sports article ranked Philly and KC as having the best football fans in the NFL. Being a Packers fan, I don't know if I totally buy that because the fans at Lambeau are about as revved as I have ever seen (along with Lakers fans at Staples, which is also a totally awsome experience). But I've never been to a game at either Philly or KC. So all I can say is that the fans must be pretty good both places (even if good means behaving badly.....). So good job Philly and KC. Rock on!
IDK how recent that article was, but KC has had some attendence "issues" this season.

Old 01-16-2009, 05:49 PM

3,971 posts, read 11,492,806 times
I can't believe nobody has mentioned Seattle as the worst sports town (atleast for the past year). The Mariners were last in the AL West (39 games back), the Seahawks went 4-12, the Washington Husky football team lost all their games (first time ever), and the Sonics moved to a city with about a third of Seattle metro's population, Oklahoma City. Top that!

Last edited by pw72; 01-16-2009 at 06:29 PM..

Old 01-16-2009, 06:29 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,277,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Illinois 1 View Post
As awesome as that is, it's shocking they'd pick us and KC over Packers and Steelers fans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or