Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 12:36 PM

3,450 posts, read 4,491,482 times

Advertisements

Sure, and Buffalo needs Toronto, Seattle needs the PNW, and so on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2014, 06:24 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,698,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
Not true - Milwaukee (and Chicago - Halas bailed out GB twice in their history) and Packer fans everywhere have helped immensely, but the games are only played in GB, 5 of them Green Bay fan season tickets and 3 of them Milwaukee season tickets. Milwaukee has helped, but is only one of many other factors (including: stock sales, as the only team in professional sports without an owner). I'd factor Milwaukee in after the stock/ownership, NE Wisconsin fans, and others.

Believe it or not, Milwaukee is a baseball town. I've lived in both, and I can tell you this with certainty. They love the Packers, but the mood of the city is more based around how the Brewers are doing...so it's pretty down right now!
Yea, attendance for the Brewers is very impressive. The team has not done a whole lot and Milwaukee is one of the smallest (if not the smallest) market in MLB and they still average 34k a game.

Old 09-11-2014, 12:52 PM

3,450 posts, read 4,491,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Yea, attendance for the Brewers is very impressive. The team has not done a whole lot and Milwaukee is one of the smallest (if not the smallest) market in MLB and they still average 34k a game.
It's the smallest right now, I believe. And there are 2 more MLB teams 90-ish miles south, as well. This was one of my biggest surprises moving to town - big time baseball city. Then again, it was NFL 24/7 in Green Bay, which is where I moved from, so any sort of sports diversity would have stood out! The Braves were a major team with many stars (like Hank Aaron) that won a World Series, and when they moved out of town it was a big deal. The city embraced the Brewers when they brought baseball back (and Hank Aaron!), and I think everyone's just happy we have MLB here after that long wait, even though it's a skunk of a team overall.

Old 09-11-2014, 11:07 PM

4,836 posts, read 11,950,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromMilwaukeeInSeattle View Post
Best Fans:

Worst Fans:
Florida fans in general. Look at a Marlins or Rays game. The stadium is empty. I also think that Phoenix doesn't have a strong sports culture along but they don't have bad fans.
Here are the teams with worse attendance than the Marlins by % of stadium filled.

Arizona, Houston, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Chicago White Sox, Cleveland.

Cleveland support for the Indians is absolutely pathetic. And their Support for the Cavs are pretty bad until Lebron either started winning and now that is he is back. Yet they are always known for having such "great fans"

Old 09-11-2014, 11:30 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,801,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
Here are the teams with worse attendance than the Marlins by % of stadium filled.

Cleveland support for the Indians is absolutely pathetic. And their Support for the Cavs are pretty bad until Lebron either started winning and now that is he is back. Yet they are always known for having such "great fans"
Alot of these supposed "great sports towns" have abysmal attendance when their teams have losing records.

Old 09-12-2014, 10:14 AM

18,957 posts, read 32,418,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post

Marlin's Stadium also has the 3rd lowest capacity, some of those stadiums seat a lot more people.

Old 01-02-2016, 02:08 PM

31 posts, read 19,606 times
I will say that Boston, New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Denver and Seattle have the best sports fans out there. As for the worst, Philadelphia belongs there.

Old 01-02-2016, 03:56 PM

212 posts, read 237,204 times
Best: Knoxville, Tennessee

Old 01-02-2016, 04:03 PM

31 posts, read 16,547 times
Default East Coast Dodger

Posters like Raymond Chandler and Westside are easily the most informed on this entire board-there are a ton of mid-west and eastern cities that somehow, mainly by their own selves-get credit for having great fans. Example-Cleveland-yes-the Browns have great support-however the Indians have a pathetic fan base-called out by their own players, even when they win. Pittsburgh-have you EVER noticed the amount of yellow seats with NO fans during a Steeler home game? I have, meanwhile they have Steeler nation traveling around the country-many who never even lived there-so it distorts the image of the fan base. Also, the Pirates for years had the most beautiful stadium in baseball-yet had no fans whatsoever. They also had an ABA team-back in the day-that folded due to no support. Detroit-great hockey support-terrible basketball support-unless the Pistons are really good. Philly-oh the great passionate Philly fans-why does this so-called Mecca of basketball-remember how Philly was always called a hoops city-never bothers to show up for Sixer games. Checkout back in the 70's, even when they were good-the Spectrum was not selling out games. I remember one game against the Buffalo Braves-the attendance was around 8,000 in an arena seating 18,000. Oh, and the Black Hawks fans-right-it was because of cheapskate Wirtz, and then it was just coincidence the fans started coming after they started winning now that cheapskate Wirtz is gone. Interesting how that narrative gets accepted-yet-LA has two teams move-due -NOT to attendance-but due to stadium issues. White Sox fans don't go to games because the games are in a bad area-yet USC fans have been going a "bad area"...well I guess USC fans are better considering USA Today voted them BEST FAN BASE in the US-conveniently not mentioned on this thread. I LIVE in MA-I can tell you-factually-before KG-I attended LAKERS/CELTS at TD GARDEN-it was 1/4 Laker fans-out shouting Boston fans. I went to numerous Bruins games that had thousands of empty seats-until they started winning. The PATS were on the verge of moving in the early 90's -before the Rams-to St Louis-that ALMOST happened-we can always play what if. So, here is my Top 3-#1 -Philly-despite the Sixers-the Flyers have sold out every game for decades-the Eagles sell out every game-despite being inept-The Phantoms packed them in-and they are minor league-#2-LA-yes-the number back it up-they will get the NFL back-the "LA RAMS" fans were louder than the Charger fans last year in San Diego-Lakers fans still sell out Staples-Doc Rivers-no fan of them-said they have a "truly impressive fan base"-USC has tremendous support-Dodgers/Angles 1 and 3 in attendance-#3 New York-still a great hoops and hockey city-and the Giants sell out every game-Worst 3-#1 Miami-by a mile-#2-Atlanta-awful hoops and baseball-only support football-lost 2 hockey teams-3# Tampa-no baseball fans/Lightening fans are a joke-dis-honorable mention-Phoenix-Coyotes-should move-no fans-D-backs-pathetic-only Cards-now that they are winning

Old 01-02-2016, 04:57 PM

1,122 posts, read 911,016 times
Here's some useless trivia.... from the world of what have you been doin' for me lately...

Q: What NFL team has the most victories in the last 40 seasons?

Geebus, most of you are gonna hate the answer....

Hint: They Hate us cuz they ain't us.

A: the New England Patriots with 405 total victories (exhibition games excluded).

Kinda makes you sick doesn't it!!

That's an average of 10 victories per season!!

A record that is surely, almost completely insane. Yet, quite true.

Since September 12, 1976, there are 2 NFL teams with 400 victories (over these past 40 seasons).

The New England Patriots have 405 victories and the Pittsburgh Steelers have 404.

With the Pat's seventh victory this season, their 400th in 40 seasons, they finally overtook the Pittsburgh Steelers who remained stuck at 399 for a couple of weeks....

btw, It'll be quite a while before there is a third team that reaches 400 victories since Sept 12, 1976...

*(effectivevly the day the New England Patriots started winning football games).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City