U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-09-2012, 11:08 AM
 
1,750 posts, read 2,820,172 times
Reputation: 764

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post

And not many million dollar homes outside of the Gold Coast? Have you wandered around north side hoods much?
Exactly, according to the MLS there are 334 homes for sale in Lincoln Park, Lakeview, North Center, Wicker Park, Bucktown for sale at $1M+

 
Old 08-09-2012, 02:27 PM
 
300 posts, read 433,152 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude91 View Post
Exactly, according to the MLS there are 334 homes for sale in Lincoln Park, Lakeview, North Center, Wicker Park, Bucktown for sale at $1M+
I don't think asking prices really tell us much. You need to see sales prices.

Granted, there are a fair amount of $1 million+ sales in those neighborhoods, though I bet the vast majority are in Lincoln Park and Lakeview, and the vast majority of those are in single family homes.
 
Old 08-09-2012, 02:40 PM
 
1,750 posts, read 2,820,172 times
Reputation: 764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis Street View Post
I don't think asking prices really tell us much. You need to see sales prices.

Granted, there are a fair amount of $1 million+ sales in those neighborhoods, though I bet the vast majority are in Lincoln Park and Lakeview, and the vast majority of those are in single family homes.
Agree, but looking at asking price tells a piece of it certainly. The Real Estate Market in general is very fluid, what was worth a million yesterday may not be today, and vice verca....

Single Family will be the majority, but multi unit and some townhomes get over $1M as well, but I am not sure how that is relevant.
 
Old 08-09-2012, 02:52 PM
 
Location: Oak Park, IL
5,522 posts, read 12,033,925 times
Reputation: 3820
[quote=Davis Street;25559283]I don't think asking prices really tell us much. You need to see sales prices.

Granted, there are a fair amount of $1 million+ sales in those neighborh
 
Old 08-09-2012, 02:53 PM
 
Location: Crooklyn, New York
27,684 posts, read 25,069,608 times
Reputation: 11255
All I know is that the city of Chicago needs to stop crushing the hopes and dreams of its youth.


Kid wins contest - YouTube
 
Old 08-09-2012, 03:00 PM
 
Location: Cardboard box
1,909 posts, read 3,220,447 times
Reputation: 1321
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
All I know is that the city of Chicago needs to stop crushing the hopes and dreams of its youth.


Kid wins contest - YouTube

That kid just recently got arrested with a concealed weapon Second City Cop. Scroll down to August 7th, 9:31 AM.

It's a good thing they did not use his design as the city sticker, it had gang symbols.
 
Old 08-09-2012, 03:04 PM
 
Location: Crooklyn, New York
27,684 posts, read 25,069,608 times
Reputation: 11255
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShoreSoxGo View Post
That kid just recently got arrested with a concealed weapon Second City Cop. Scroll down to August 7th, 9:31 AM.

It's a good thing they did not use his design as the city sticker, it had gang symbols.
It was a BB Gun. We played with those all the time as kids.
 
Old 08-09-2012, 03:16 PM
 
11,040 posts, read 21,724,840 times
Reputation: 10674
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
It was a BB Gun. We played with those all the time as kids.
Did you also play with them in areas where you had recently been arrested for armed robbery? Cause that's where he was "playing" with the gun.

His facebook is full of gang references and him throwing up signs. Maybe he did it on purpose and maybe he didn't. I'd rather error on the side of caution given what's up with the kid.
 
Old 08-09-2012, 03:20 PM
 
Location: Zurich, Switzerland/ Piedmont, CA
31,598 posts, read 53,479,755 times
Reputation: 14522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
Did you also play with them in areas where you had recently been arrested for armed robbery? Cause that's where he was "playing" with the gun.
Armed robbery tends to put a damper on things.

lol
 
Old 08-09-2012, 03:53 PM
 
Location: Crooklyn, New York
27,684 posts, read 25,069,608 times
Reputation: 11255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
Did you also play with them in areas where you had recently been arrested for armed robbery? Cause that's where he was "playing" with the gun.

His facebook is full of gang references and him throwing up signs. Maybe he did it on purpose and maybe he didn't. I'd rather error on the side of caution given what's up with the kid.
Leave him alone! He had nuttin...nuttin to do with no gangs!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top