Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Mega City Skyline is your favorite?
Chicago 149 41.39%
New York 211 58.61%
Voters: 360. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 05:08 PM

156 posts, read 329,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurous1 View Post
Have you nothing to add to this conversation?

Your silly views seem to be in the keeping with the Chicagoans I come across (on this forum especially); crass, small-town, and unexposed. Sometimes I wonder why I even bothering venturing from the coasts of the United States.

I find it (very) mildly amusing that you're under the assumption that I have the time to post and troll under dementor to defend a city that everyone knows is the Holy Grail of all cities but I am very curious if you have anything to add to this conversation.

Do you?
Actually, yes...

...you never told me what to see in New Delhi. Care to?

Old 03-05-2009, 05:09 PM

734 posts, read 2,045,780 times
Quote:
LOL @ "NYC sucks". You poor uncultured thing.

NYC is a fabulous city, and the skyline is amazing, the architecture is spectacular. The poster 'Spire' is in the minority when he boldy proclaims NYC's skyline is nothing but gray buildings, since according to all the polls re: New York vs. Chicago's skyline, guess who wins? That's right, the Big Apple.

You see, I could pull up a photograph of Chicago, such as this:

And what do we see? A catastrophic mess of gray, bland buildings, empty spaces and general unattractiveness that we could find in....I don't know, Houston.

In any case, I can't say I'm surprised. After all, Spire, TheLordIsOurSavior (or whatever)/LucasS6 live in Chicago. To them, their sad excuse for a park surpasses Central Park and their town even tops even Paris when it comes to grand architecture. What do you expect? They live in the middle of the United States surrounded by cows and farms so I honestly don't blame them for their low-class provincial views and general lack of taste.

Oh, you silly Chicagoans. Cest' la vie!
LOL. You came back! HAHAHAHA

No, for like the fifth time, I don't live in Chicago- I haven't in nearly a decade, and I haven't even visited for far, far too long (3ish years, it was summer 06). I'm fairly confident I've spent more time in more places than you have (it's hard to outdo me considering my work). But man....you came back! LOL

Old 03-05-2009, 05:10 PM

1,107 posts, read 3,010,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
For me I would choose Chicago. It is closer to me. Is much more "real"(IMO) and family friendly
What is "real" and Family Friendly to you.

Old 03-05-2009, 05:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,758,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLordYourGod View Post
Actually, yes...

...you never told me what to see in New Delhi. Care to?
Well, from what I gather from your demure, we are obviously two complete different people.

I would obviously be at the Taj Mahal, you would be at the New Delhi equivalent to the Best Western...or maybe a hostel of some sort.

Old 03-05-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Well, from what I gather from your demure, we are obviously two complete different people.

I would obviously be at the Taj Mahal, you would be at the New Delhi equivalent to the Best Western...or maybe a hostel of some sort.
Love it! HIGH CLASS!@!!

Old 03-05-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityGuy View Post
What is "real" and Family Friendly to you.
"Real" = Lack of class, sophistication, and culture. To summarize -- hell.

Old 03-05-2009, 05:17 PM

Quote:
"Real" = Lack of class, sophistication, and culture. To summarize -- hell.
Oooooh! Good one!

Old 03-05-2009, 05:21 PM

156 posts, read 329,495 times
Quote:

Still haven't answered my question. I didn't ask where to stay...I asked what to see.

I'll wait while you head over to Wikipedia.

Old 03-05-2009, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasS6 View Post
LOL. You came back! HAHAHAHA

No, for like the fifth time, I don't live in Chicago- I haven't in nearly a decade, and I haven't even visited for far, far too long (3ish years, it was summer 06). I'm fairly confident I've spent more time in more places than you have (it's hard to outdo me considering my work). But man....you came back! LOL
You've lived everywhere including Chicago? You poor tortured soul, I moved here temporarily from Paris and don't want to live "everywhere" (unless we're talking Monaco, other nice villages in French Riviera, Manhattan, etc) and I certainly wouldn't ever want to live in Chicago. I'm so above such places.

I certainly see and like to see everywhere, I've been to New York City, Chicago, Miami, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Miami, Dallas, Houston, Orlando, Boston, Philadelphia, San Diego, Atlanta, Washington DC, Portland, Aspen, Denver, Seattle, Philadelphia and a few podunk towns in between and most of the time, I couldn't wait to return home.

Unfortunately, Chicago was one of the places I was not too fond of.

Old 03-05-2009, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLordYourGod View Post
Still haven't answered my question. I didn't ask where to stay...I asked what to see.

I'll wait while you head over to Wikipedia.
Go pray or something and stop bothering me, unless you have something intelligent to add to this conversation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City