Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2009, 05:08 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,789,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunBearer View Post
You know a gang is bad when they use vodoo to kill for drugs. lol.
Zoe Pound they don't play.

Old 12-26-2009, 02:29 PM

3 posts, read 11,986 times
Default Worst neighborhoods

Gilpin Court in Richmond, VA. Most people don't realize how violent Richmond is, but there is an extremely high amount of cocaine trafficking, and it is a huge purchase point for guns for people and drug gangs from NYC. SE DC and the neighboring Maryland neighborhoods are very bad as well.

Old 02-11-2010, 06:38 AM

1 posts, read 7,963 times
Default you can make place look bad with pictures

I kno this is an old thread but, carondolet coke plant, st louis MO
Attached Thumbnails
WHat is the Worst Neighborhood in all of America-abandoned-carondelet-coke-plant.jpg   WHat is the Worst Neighborhood in all of America-abandoned-carondelet-coke-plant-2.jpg   WHat is the Worst Neighborhood in all of America-abandoned-carondelet-coke-plant-3.jpg   WHat is the Worst Neighborhood in all of America-abandoned-carondelet-coke-plant-4.jpg   WHat is the Worst Neighborhood in all of America-carondelet01.jpg  

WHat is the Worst Neighborhood in all of America-abandoned-carondelet-coke-plant-5.jpg  

Old 02-11-2010, 09:31 AM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,691,623 times
brownsville is pretty rough...

anyway the coke plant does nothing for me. there are plenty of areas in the country that have buildings like that. areas in st louis are pretty rough tho.

Old 02-12-2010, 01:32 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,599,250 times
Default boredatwork

I dont know about today but the most dangerous neighborhoods have to be in one the cities that have claimed murder capital titles for consecutive years or cities that've averaged a murder rate of 40-50 per 100k over the last 20 years....that only leaves New Orleans, Washington, D.C, or Detroit

Old 02-12-2010, 01:42 PM

648 posts, read 1,611,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
I'm not sure but the worst experience I've had was in watts in LA! I turned off main street and didn't make it 1 block before i was shot at! There was three guys literally chasing my car and shooting at me! I don't know how anyone can live there! I've been to Brownsville and watts is worse! I'm not sure if its the worse but its worse than brownsville!
I do not believe this for a second. I am from Moscow, which has a much higher murder rate than LA, and I have never been shot at. And in Moscow, there are no wannabes. If someone said they were going to rob you in Moscow, they meant it. In America, people bark a lot but rarely bite.

Anyway, the most dangerous neighborhood is definitely not in New York City anymore. I still would not walk into Brownsville looking for trouble but I would say somewhere in Chicago or Miami these days. NYPD has too much of a strong presence now.

Old 02-12-2010, 02:08 PM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,199,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianIvanov View Post
I do not believe this for a second. I am from Moscow, which has a much higher murder rate than LA, and I have never been shot at. And in Moscow, there are no wannabes. If someone said they were going to rob you in Moscow, they meant it. In America, people bark a lot but rarely bite.
Your logic is flawed. I live in a city with a lower murder rate than Moscow and i have:

-heard gunfire many times
-found a spent shell casing on a city street
-have friends who have been shot/shot at
-known people who do the shooting

Also, no wannabes in Moscow? right, you're all bad asses who are completely serious and mean BUSINESS over there

Old 02-12-2010, 02:19 PM

648 posts, read 1,611,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rah View Post
Your logic is flawed. I live in a city with a lower murder rate than Moscow and i have:

-heard gunfire many times
-found a spent shell casing on a city street
-have friends who have been shot/shot at
-known people who do the shooting

Also, no wannabes in Moscow? right, you're all bad asses who are completely serious and mean BUSINESS over there
No, you are either a criminal or you are not in Moscow. Nobody listens to rap and has red bandanas hanging out of their pockets in Moscow trying to act "ghetto." Russians are not like that. Russians are actually very serious and straightforward people. That is one reason my father's business took so long to do well. He did not understand how Americans culture is to not be honest all the time, just to make a pleasing impression. Business in America is much different. In Russia, the customer is not always right... and that is how my dad did business at first. There are not really fake people in Russia walking around demanding respect and staring everybody down on the street acting like they are "gangstas."

Old 02-12-2010, 02:30 PM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,199,221 times
^the three people i know who have been shot (not just shot at) all died too, forgot to mention that.

And no, i am not a criminal, and i am not in Moscow (why would you think i was in Moscow? Nothing i've ever written has so much as suggested it, not to mention my location says: San Francisco). Also, what does rap have to do with this?

Old 02-12-2010, 04:57 PM

11,327 posts, read 20,240,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
I'm not sure but the worst experience I've had was in watts in LA! I turned off main street and didn't make it 1 block before i was shot at! There was three guys literally chasing my car and shooting at me! I don't know how anyone can live there! I've been to Brownsville and watts is worse! I'm not sure if its the worse but its worse than brownsville!
That logic is a little flawed though, just because nothing happened to you in Brownsville but something happened in Watts doesn't mean Watts is worse. I'm not saying either is worse because I've never lived in either (living there is different from visiting) so I don't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City