Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is more beautiful?
North Carolina 66 61.68%
Florida 41 38.32%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 12:41 PM

1,305 posts, read 3,489,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newarkbomb View Post
Yea, what you should of realized was I wasn't talking to you.
How should I have realized that? It wasn't stated clearly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 12:47 PM

1,577 posts, read 5,687,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTheKid View Post
How should I have realized that? It wasn't stated clearly.
Well it was in response to "TB Fla" comment about the hottest day in her area being 99 and NYC's as 108.
He/She knew who I was Talking to... I had no clue you had a convo going on prior to my comment.

Old 05-01-2009, 01:38 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,937,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post
First off, why would people willingly admit they were jeolous in the first place. Second, Your status update mentions the weather in you area and you saying "BE JEALOUS" someone is a hypocrite. You dont even live in NC, your just on this thread to argue with and annoy me, and while im flattered you would go though the trouble, its sad on your part.

I was just stating my opinion (isn't this a free country???), but you seem to comment on a lot of things I say. I think you're wasting your time.

Old 05-01-2009, 01:41 PM

Quote:
For Florida
Winter- Snow gets old faster than the beach
Spring- year round grownig season for Florida, spring break is party time.
Fall-very pretty up north, but when all the leaves fall off all the trees, its depressing and ugly IMO
Summer-Beach never gets old if your go to different beaches a lot

Beach gets very old after a while. Not everyone thinks like you do.

Old 05-01-2009, 04:47 PM

2,413 posts, read 5,749,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
I was just stating my opinion (isn't this a free country???), but you seem to comment on a lot of things I say. I think you're wasting your time.
I don't see myself wasting my time. Im having fun arguing with you, mainly beacuse everything you say makes me laugh. And Its so easy to come up a response because some things you say are so rediculous . Like by contradicting yourself in the last post. The beach might get old for you, but not everyone .

Old 05-01-2009, 04:54 PM

Quote:
I don't see myself wasting my time. Im having fun arguing with you, mainly beacuse everything you say makes me laugh. And Its so easy to come up a response because some things you say are so rediculous . Like by contradicting yourself in the last post. The beach might get old for you, but not everyone .

Same back to you. Also, you might want to learn how to spell if you're trying to tell me off.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:22 PM

1,577 posts, read 5,687,483 times
I just did the weather update to push off the ignorant post about NYC getting hotter, IN THE SUMMER btw, rather than FL's 6 month heat.

I already know you like 90 and humid, i wasn't trying to annoy you... But if i did, whatever.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:04 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,247,950 times
Default Pillow soft sand ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiestaBay View Post
Florida for sure!! North Carolina has to be one of, if not THE ugliest state in the US! The Outer Banks? Yuck!

Most of Florida's beaches are clean, clear water with pillow soft sand. NC's are nasty and brown.

Maybe because I am used to LI sand, but for some reason I found the Florida sand a nice color but to the touch harsh and disappointing. The water was beautiful of course but I think the sand comes from Florida's limestone base or maybe even crushed coral.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:10 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,247,950 times
Default Scenic Diversity

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstn View Post
Florida is great, but my vote easily goes to NC.

While some states may have more spectacular scenery, NC can only be rivaled in scenic diversity by California. Beautiful mountains, rolling hills and farmland in the Peidmont and a beautiful coastal plain accented by the Outer Banks. Like I said, only second to Cali when it comes to overall beauty (well...I guess if you exclude Hawaii from the list..)
North Carolina's neighbor to the North, VIRGINIA, has some of the exact same scenic diversity you nicely describe. So does New York State (also touching a second coastline on the Great Lakes) and well as 3 smaller suprisingly diverse states, Maryland, New Jersey and Massachusetts.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:13 PM

2,413 posts, read 5,749,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Same back to you. Also, you might want to learn how to spell if you're trying to tell me off.

Thats a clear sign someone is loosing an argument. When they criticize their opponent's spelling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City