Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: North Jersey or Long Island
North Jersey 208 62.28%
Long Island 126 37.72%
Voters: 334. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 03:55 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,575,538 times

Advertisements

i don't even know how you can argue that NJ doesn't have more variety when it comes to "beach life" than LI. Cape May, Atlantic City, Wildwood, Long Beach Island...it's got every "type" of experience you're looking for. The beaches of LI have some of that, but for overall diversity, there is no contest. You can like one place over the other, but you cannot argue this fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 03:56 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,591,902 times
The criteria for life does not revolve around beaches. Far more important things in life than that. A lot of people in Florida are learning that lesson now firsthand.

Old 07-16-2009, 04:01 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,575,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
The criteria for life does not revolve around beaches. Far more important things in life than that. A lot of people in Florida are learning that lesson now firsthand.
there are also far more important things than arguing on a messageboard also, correct? it's discussion about 2 places, nothing more, nothing less. it seems instead of agreeing or coming back with valid arguments, you're bailing under the guise of "this isn't important".

Old 07-16-2009, 04:02 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,750,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
True. But North Jersey has L.I. beat in general, anyway.

Old 07-16-2009, 04:05 PM

Default It got hijacked with the beaches issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
there are also far more important things than arguing on a messageboard also, correct? it's discussion about 2 places, nothing more, nothing less. it seems instead of agreeing or coming back with valid arguments, you're bailing under the guise of "this isn't important".
that is all. That is hardly the most important reason to pick either NJ or NY to live in. You want to argue jobs, housing, quality of life, etc., fine.

Old 07-16-2009, 04:05 PM

11,327 posts, read 20,240,568 times
Quote:
i don't even know how you can argue that NJ doesn't have more variety when it comes to "beach life" than LI. Cape May, Atlantic City, Wildwood, Long Beach Island...it's got every "type" of experience you're looking for. The beaches of LI have some of that, but for overall diversity, there is no contest. You can like one place over the other, but you cannot argue this fact.
Wildwood has probably the best boardwalk in the World and Atlantic City is for adults but both are beautiful and are in South Jersey. North Jersey can't really compare to Long Island's beaches because do they really have beaches? I know South Jersey and Central Jersey do. Both Jersey beaches and Long Island beaches appeal to me but in terms of entertainment South Jersey wins by a landslide.

Old 07-16-2009, 04:08 PM

893 posts, read 2,850,991 times
Quote:
I'm from Long Island and I could say hands down the Jersey Shore is better than Long Island beaches. I don't understand why some people on here feel like if someplace other then where they live wins a poll their quality of life is going to decrease. NNJ > Long Island. If all my friends and some family didn't live on Long Island I could see myself living in NNJ. Now that my mom lives in PA with my little bro's I could see NNJ being a good place to live being in the middle of both family and friends.

Old 07-16-2009, 04:59 PM

Default Quite frankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth08 View Post
I'm from Long Island and I could say hands down the Jersey Shore is better than Long Island beaches. I don't understand why some people on here feel like if someplace other then where they live wins a poll their quality of life is going to decrease. NNJ > Long Island. If all my friends and some family didn't live on Long Island I could see myself living in NNJ. Now that my mom lives in PA with my little bro's I could see NNJ being a good place to live being in the middle of both family and friends.
I would rather be in either place, LI or NJ, than where I am right now.

Old 12-09-2009, 04:37 PM

21 posts, read 50,309 times
LI all the way.

Old 12-12-2009, 01:00 PM

5,766 posts, read 16,494,290 times
Default NJ, part of the USA

In LI you are STUCK on a miserable flat island, in NJ you are part of a vast continent and can go anywhere.
LI always makes me want to ESCAPE from LI before you get stuck in the crazy bogged down traffic of everyone else trying to escape.
They do that each day. Gets way old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City