Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 03:55 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,808,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
Exactly, I love it. And it's a He actually lol, crazy story behind that house. He was shot to death on the front steps of that house by some insane retard, I think it was because of fur...smh.
Oh I thought it was Donatella Versace or however you spell her name.
That story is crazy! He was a spree killer who ended up killing himself from what I looked up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2010, 04:09 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,179,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
Oh I thought it was Donatella Versace or however you spell her name.
That story is crazy! He was a spree killer who ended up killing himself from what I looked up.
The story is crazy indeed: "Versace was murdered outside his Miami Beach home at the age of 50 by spree killer Andrew Cunanan." His sister is Donatella and she owns part of the house as well as his stocks. They actually turned the mansion into a hotel as well.

Old 05-23-2010, 04:54 PM

2,563 posts, read 6,055,166 times
I won't deny I didn't read the thread yet but if it hasn't been said:

Orlando wins: David Seigel's house at 90,000 square feet it is the largest house in the country under occupancy (the only one larger is Biltmore Estate which is now a museum). I've heard $94,000,000. I've heard $100,000,000 I don't think it really makes a difference after a certain point.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_il8Um8Q4Eb...avidsiegel.bmp

Old 05-23-2010, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post
I won't deny I didn't read the thread yet but if it hasn't been said:

Orlando wins: David Seigel's house at 90,000 square feet it is the largest house in the country under occupancy (the only one larger is Biltmore Estate which is now a museum). I've heard $94,000,000. I've heard $100,000,000 I don't think it really makes a difference after a certain point.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_il8Um8Q4Eb...avidsiegel.bmp
Yeah, it's the largest, but not most expensive. Donald Trump sold a house in Palm Beach for 100 million, somebody else posted a house in Aspen for 135 million, and theres a couple others.

Old 05-23-2010, 06:16 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,924,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
I like the color of the mahogany redwood cabinets and the light colored granite counter tops in the kitchen. Nice fit.

Yeah, that kitchen is awesome. A lot of kitchens here are dark like that.

Old 05-23-2010, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
who cares about the price! Its the largest home in the US. If I had to choose a smaller house for more money or a larger house for less money I would pick the larger. Its mainly cheaper because the COL in Orlando is cheaper. The house is high quality.
That house is awesome, I didn't say anything negative about it, just that it wasn't the most expensive, it's still a breath-taker though. I seriously wonder what people think making houses that big sometimes though, like are you planning on using it as a hotel or something? Jeez.

Old 05-23-2010, 06:58 PM

2,781 posts, read 7,207,027 times
If you have that kinda money, why would you live in Orlando? Incredibly tacky house too.

Old 05-23-2010, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
If you have that kinda money, why would you live in Orlando? Incredibly tacky house too.
Orlando has some very nice areas, even though I'd still definitely pick Miami or anywhere in South Florida over Orlando, but still, whats wrong with it being in Orlando?

Old 05-23-2010, 07:17 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,687,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
It's modeled after a real palace. If you see the photos of when it's finished it doesn't look that tacky, just overly elegent. And why not Orlando? A lot of rich people love golf and that section of Orlando has some of the best and most popular golf courses, that's why tiger woods and many other pro golfer's live there. Orlando offers the same amenities as you would need in other US cities.

Old 05-23-2010, 07:25 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,031,245 times
Most expensive at best seems a moving target but one that I have personally seen (if driving by and looking at the massive gates and gigantic hedge count) is the Beverly Hills Estate called "Fleur de Lys" (built by formerly alive Texas billionaire David Saperstein) priced at $125 Million by Saperstein's widow.

Supposedly Mariah Carey was trying to buy it but I don't think that sale ever went through.
DavidSaperstein — Luxist

I thought the gates and hedge looked only slightly better than you could get for in a mansion for oh...say $50 Million.

Most expensive house: Fleur de Lys Estate

YouTube - Beverly Hills Mansion - Fleur de Lys
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City