Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which you prefer?
albuquerque 29 54.72%
santa fe 24 45.28%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 03:41 PM

345 posts, read 809,789 times

Advertisements

Criteria

quality of life
economy
nightlife
scenery
daytime activities/events
shopping/entertainment venues
transportation
overall vibe
crime rate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2018, 04:21 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,369,016 times
I prefer the Duke City.I work from home so i dont have to worry about jobs so economy aint a consideration for me.

Old 03-07-2018, 04:43 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,693,806 times
Albuquerque because it's larger and has more to do.

Old 03-07-2018, 06:30 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,806,003 times
I love Santa Fe but it's quite cold and bit too small for my liking in regards for population. Also very expensive and segregated with the wealthy and the service workers. New Mexico is very beautiful and if I left Arizona, New Mexico would be my first pick. But I would pick Albuquerque due to being a larger city with a more balanced economy, and more activities to do. It is also slightly warmer and the Sandias provide better scenery in my opinion as they tower over the city. Albuquerque reminds me of Tucson a lot, a city I much enjoy though if ABQ is like Tucson, it probably has an odd population that creates a different vibe and a higher crime rate, which not all people will like the vibe that small-to-mid Southwestern towns have. Santa Fe had this vibe when I visited by the way, but only on it's poorer western side. I didn't spend time in ABQ to confidently say it did or did not, only drove through.

And when I would want to enjoy Santa Fe, it's only up the road.

Old 03-09-2018, 04:14 PM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,266,364 times
Albuquerque is about 10 times larger.

Metro close to 1 million compared to about 100,000 for Santa Fe.

Albuquerque is about 2,000 ft. lower ....that means it is significantly warmer.
Albuquerque’s official weather station at the airport is a bit misleading,
it has strangely lower average highs than most areas of the city.

Live in Albuquerque....visit Santa Fe

Old 03-14-2018, 10:20 AM

345 posts, read 809,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
Albuquerque is about 10 times larger.

Metro close to 1 million compared to about 100,000 for Santa Fe.

Albuquerque is about 2,000 ft. lower ....that means it is significantly warmer.
Albuquerque’s official weather station at the airport is a bit misleading,
it has strangely lower average highs than most areas of the city.

Live in Albuquerque....visit Santa Fe
but why live there just because much larger?

Old 03-14-2018, 11:42 PM

1,424 posts, read 1,936,245 times
We personally prefer towns or small cities the size of Flagstaff, Missoula, Bend, Asheville, Bellingham, etc. so for us, it's no competition- we'd pick Santa Fe in a heartbeat. Desired places with their own cool vibes and enough stuff going on to keep it interesting, but small enough to feel somewhat quaint and removed from a bigger city.

So no offense to folks from Albuquerque- it would be good to have some of the city amenities nearby, but at the end of the day we'd much rather return home to the place that a place that like much better than the other way around.

Old 03-29-2018, 05:26 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,509,156 times
Albuquerque because there's more to do and more affordable.

Old 03-30-2018, 06:19 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,447,522 times
If small town living is more your thing, Santa Fe will be your preference. But, if you want to live in the beautiful and historic part, it will come at a price.

Having spent two years in Albuquerque, I agree with live in Albuquerque and visit Santa Fe. Albuquerque is more affordable, has more to do, and there is more career opportunity. The drive to Santa Fe is short enough to make day trips super easy.

quality of life: Subejctive, but ABQ
economy: ABQ
nightlife: ABQ
scenery: Santa Fe
daytime activities/events: ABQ
shopping/entertainment venues: ABQ
transportation: ABQ
overall vibe: Subjective, but ABQ for being less white-washed (I prefer Santa Fe's built environment, but most of the historic families have been pushed out by the millionaire class now inhabiting the city)
crime rate: Santa Fe has less crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City