U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2009, 02:30 PM

1,191 posts, read 3,154,612 times

Advertisements

I would like to state my case just one last and final time for my beloved city of Richmond, Virginia. A city that 12 generations of my fine old family have called home.

Richmond is not the Deep South, true. But Richmond has a Southern heart as much as any city in Dixie, and a wonderful appreciation for its culture, history, stunning architecture, and its importance as the Capital of the Confederacy during the War-Between-The-States

Richmond has seen wars, rumours of wars, and a second northern invasion. Yet she remains true and strong and testifies her character and strength, as a wonderful place to live.

Richmond DOES have its dirty parts- but its beauty outshines them all.

Places like Monument Ave- with tons of dogwoods and magnolias, and white columned mansions, and statues of the glorious brave lads in Confederate grey- is possibly one of the most beautiful thoroughfares in the country.

Then there's Carytown- a hip and happening strip, with stores, boutiques, and lots of cool VCU hipsters on their fixed gear bikes riding to get the latest vinyl at PLAN 9 Record Shop

Then there's our wonderful restaurants- Strawberry St Cafe (with its bathtub salad bar,) The Tobacco Company, Julep's, Sin'e Irish Pub. and many more

Not to mention Shockoe Slip, Church Hill

And GORGEOUS Maymont Park!

The list goes on an on.

So people, please don't shun Richmond!

Ill Let Scarlett take me home on this one:

YouTube - Gone With The Wind- Tara

Old 02-24-2009, 02:31 PM

2,857 posts, read 5,847,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richmonder27 View Post
I would like to state my case just one last and final time for my beloved city of Richmond, Virginia.
You promise?
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or