U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 04-09-2009, 05:23 PM
 
52,632 posts, read 75,477,928 times
Reputation: 11627

Advertisements

Also, the stats are all over the place. There isn't any consistency to them. Also, there are poor White people outside of West Virginia. What about other parts of Appalachia? What about crimes like Drunk Driving or that Whites still make up a good portion of violent crimes as well. What about sexual and drug abuse? Basically, every group has their cross to bare in terms of crime and issues in general.

 
Old 04-09-2009, 05:27 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
2,646 posts, read 4,996,926 times
Reputation: 2263
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Fanatic View Post
New Hampshire, Connecticut, Pennslyvania, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Maryland, Delaware, and New Jersey all have the death penalty. New Hampshire still has hanging as an option.
NJ abolished the death penalty in 07.
 
Old 04-10-2009, 08:36 AM
 
925 posts, read 2,229,550 times
Reputation: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
West Virginia also doesn't have any big cities either.
Okay, I could name you hundreds of small towns that are predominately black that have exceptional crime rates. On the other hand, there are few predominately white small towns where the crime rate would be as high.

On the other hand, I could compare side-by-side any city of similar population that is predominately white to one that is predominately black, and the crime rates of those cities would be as different as night and day.

Quote:
You also might want to consider that many crimes committed in rural areas don't get reported. And most of the crimes are in the urban areas anyway.
Many crimes in all locales don't get reported. Your point? Crime instances are more numerous in predominately black locales.
Most of the crimes are in the urban areas anyway, because there are more people living in urban areas, hence more people to commit a crime, and secondly because the black and Mestizo populations are higher in the urban areas, whereas the rural areas tend to be more white. However, whatever the numbers, they don't effect the CRIME RATE, for it is a function of the number of crimes per unit of population.

Quote:
I think you shoud read this:Race and Crime--Stuntz (Less than the Least)
Let's knock some holes in this:

"While white fears of black crime are more reasonable than Obama admits, black rage at a discriminatory justice system is more justified than most whites understand. According to the best available data, blacks are 20% more likely than whites to use illegal drugs. But blacks are an incredible thirteen times more likely to be imprisoned for drug crime. (Data source here). In effect, Americans live under two sets of drug laws: the forgiving set of rules that mostly white suburbanites know, and the unfathomably severe rules that govern urban blacks."

Blacks are more likely to be imprisoned for drug crime because they're more likely to get caught? Why is this the case? They're the one out in public selling it, or the ones who are more likely to be found with drugs on them during a traffic stop, etc. Whites may use them, but they do at a much lower rate, and they are less prone to selling them.

Common sense destroys the argument.

"If drug crime is overpunished in black neighborhoods, violent crime is underpunished. Nationwide, police clear nearly 60% of violent crimes (meaning, they arrest the likely offender) in nearly all-white small towns and rural areas. In large cities, police clear fewer than one-third of violent crimes. (Data source here). Race-specific data are unavailable, but it’s a very good bet that black neighborhoods in every major city have clearance rates far below one-third, and most white neighborhoods see rates that are much higher."

This one is easy to destroy as well. There is greater clearance of crimes in white neighborhoods because there aren't as many crimes being committed as in black neighborhoods, and the system isn't bogged down. Hence, work overload leads to non-clearance in black neighborhoods. However, if only a few crimes are being committed in white neighborhoods, everything is likely to be cleared.

Quote:
The injustices I am talking about are slavery, and Jim Crow racism.
Are these still going on? Slavery ended over one hundred and forty years ago, and Jim Crowe ended over forty years ago.

Quote:
As for affirmative action, the biggest beneficiaries of affrimative action are not minorities, but white women. Here is proof:Focus on Affirmative Action (http://www.aapf.org/focus/episodes/oct30.php - broken link)
Okay, I should have said that WHITE MEN are screwed by the system. I should have been a little more specific, for the white man is the most discriminated against person in modern-day America. The white man is ridiculed on television, made out to be the dope, while the black man is made out to be intelligent. The white man is constantly the one being shown as being criminals, as in ADT commercials and increasingly on crime shows. This is because it is now seen as politically incorrect to show blacks and crime in a show, as reality may be hurtful. White men are discriminated against in college admissions, government business contracts, hiring via a need to fill a quota, and we're constantly the one left out when the media says they're looking for "women and minorities". If that isn't downright discrimination, I don't know what is.

Quote:
40-50 years ago is kind of recent considering that this nation isn't that old.
Isn't it odd that every other group has gotten over past injustices, but blacks can't seem to get over it? When it's been 100 years, many black people will be making the argument that it's kind of recent...and so it goes.

Quote:
Welfare dependency has been around for ages and that wasn't what I was talking about.
It's part of the entitlement culture, though, isn't it?

Quote:
Blacks have it better NOW than blacks in Africa have it, but for a first world nation, not that good.
Not that good? They have affirmative action, welfare, subsidized housing, not to mention all the conveniences of a modern day life. Furthermore, they're not discriminated against, for there are laws against that. How is it "not that good". If it's not good, even after all this, then they only have to look at themselves and place the blame where it lies: them.

Quote:
Blacks have been subjected to the injustices the longest.
Oh really? I suppose the Irish, the Jews, Indentured Servants, all the slaves throughout time of all races, and today the white man haven't been subjected to injustice. Yet, you don't hear of the blame game/entitlement culture that many blacks constantly harp on.

Quote:
Lynch mobs shouldn't exist, period.
It kept crime low. It was a deterrent

Quote:
No particular "race" came up with poverty or invented it. Poverty has been in every civilization.
No kidding. You don't say.

Quote:
At on time Europe was impoverished and in decline during the time of the plague and there were African civilizations that were on the rise.
Yes, at one time much of Europe was impoverished. However, what "African" civilizations are you talking about being on the rise: Ancient Egypt, which is not, nor has it ever been a black country.

Quote:
Go read a book on European history and African history. Now it's the other way around. Many people are in poverty for other reasons.
Extreme European poverty hasn't been a constant, as it has been in sub-saharan Africa. It's never been "the other way around". Sub-Sahara Africa has a low quality of life, just as it always has.

Modern Day Africa:


12th Century England:


Let's check the average IQ again by race:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bd/IQ-4races-rotate-highres.png (broken link)


Quote:
According to yourself, you believe that race will determine what kind of person you will be from birth. I don't believe a word of it.
Not necessarily. As you can see from the graph above, there is a range of intelligence within every race. There are some black that have high IQs, and these individuals should do particularly well. However, as a whole, most blacks have a low IQ, which tends to prevent a modern society on the whole in which the population of the country is predominately black.

Quote:
As for the cannibalism, that has been practiced on other continents, not just Africa. I will admit that it is wrong and it is morally repulsive. We can agree on that. What I don't agree on is that race would determine if a person would become a cannibal or not.
It has been to varying degrees, but not within the past hundreds of years. Only in Africa is the practice still occurring beyond one ore two deranged individuals, such as what you indicated with Jeffrey Dahmer below.

Quote:
As for the body parts trade, that is repulsive too. You also should think about Jeffrey Dahmer, an American who killed people and ate the body parts. He is only one mentionable person, but to say that race would determine that is disturbing and very wrong.
I don't see more than a few whites being cannibals, as is the case in sub-saharan Africa. I'm not saying that most blacks are cannibals, but the reality is that there are many more black cannibals than white cannibals.

Quote:
Comment in italics: I was not talking about the government. I was talking about the streets of Johannesburg.
Why are the streets of Copenhagen, Glasgow, or Helsinki not as dangerous? Why are the streets of Fargo, Winnipeg, or Portland nowhere as dangerous?

Quote:
As for the women who says that she doesn't like the new South Africa, here is the problem. There has been no trickle down of resources.
I thought that the end of apartheid was supposed to "heal" the land?

What do you mean by "trickle down of resources"? Does this mean a hand-out? There's plenty of that in South Africa. I'm not certain what you mean by the statement.

Quote:
You can't have a society of a few elite and alot of impoverished people without expecting crime.
Doesn't every nation have its leaders, or a "few elite"? Why is it supposedly different with South Africa? Or, are you referring to the "few elite" as being white people? If so, I suppose being murdered on their farms, being discriminated against in jobs, etc. makes them "elite"?
Eastern Kentucky has a lot of impoverished people, but you don't see high crime.

Quote:
People have their rights now. What they also need is economical help as well.
In terms of what, a handout? How about WORKING?

Quote:
South Africa might be relatively rich, but its wealth isn't even distributed nor does it trickle down easily. South Africa needed to get rid of apartheid.
Wealth is built from the ground up. Most millionaires are self-made millionaires. In most instances, you determine your lot in life. Wealth isn't meant to be sprinkled down, unless you're talking about businesses hiring people to work, of which an efficient run business with little taxation is able to operate and support many workers, which helps them contribute to the economy.

So discrimination against whites, white farmers being murdered, and a lowered standard of living for everyone is better than a higher standard of living for everyone, but with white people in charge?

Quote:
The Southeast USA has always had corruption in the government, especially Louisiana.
Yes, Mayor Nagin, and other left-wing socialists. These are the same people and politics that blacks typically support. What about Chicago's corruption, LA's corruption with Villagaroisa? What about the scandals of the Detroit City Council? Give me a break. There is bound to be some corruption wherever there is government.

Quote:
What I was talking about was that blacks in both the Deep South and South Africa were treated like second class citizens or worse for a long time. What kind of government is it where certain people are treated like second class citizens solely on the basis of skin color? I will tell you, an oppressive society.
This is not happening in the deep south any longer. It hasn't happened for about five decades, so you can discount that. However, whites in America, particularly white males, are institutionally discriminated against. In South Africa, it is not blacks who are now discriminated against, it is whites. Yes, it is oppressive. Thanks for sorting that out.
 
Old 04-10-2009, 08:47 AM
 
925 posts, read 2,229,550 times
Reputation: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Also, the stats are all over the place. There isn't any consistency to them. Also, there are poor White people outside of West Virginia. What about other parts of Appalachia? What about crimes like Drunk Driving or that Whites still make up a good portion of violent crimes as well. What about sexual and drug abuse? Basically, every group has their cross to bare in terms of crime and issues in general.
[CENTER]WHILE ONLY AROUND 12% OF THE U.S. POPULATION AND
OUTNUMBERED BY OTHER RACES BY 9 TO 1:

Blacks COMMIT BETWEEN 51% AND 60% OF THE MURDERS

Blacks ARE ARRESTED FOR 57- 61% OF THE ROBBERIES

Blacks COMMIT OVER 50% OF THE ROBBERIES

Blacks COMMIT OVER 50% OF THE RAPES

OVER 50% OF Black MALES WILL BE ARRESTED AND CHARGED WITH A SERIOUS
FELONY IN THEIR LIFETIME

Black VIOLENT CRIME TARGETS WHITES OVER 50% OF THE TIME [/CENTER]

Blacks COMMIT BETWEEN 51%- 60% OF THE MURDERS:

The FBI Uniform Crime Reports are available on the Internet at

Federal Bureau of Investigation - Uniform Crime Reports

In one of these reports, titled Crime in the United States, 1995, we can draw several interesting conclusions from Table 2.8. In 1995, there were 10032 US murders having a single perpetrator and a single victim.
Of these murders, Blacks committed 5175 (51.6%) and "Whites" committed 4476 (44.6%).

Black offenders account for 56 percent of arrests for murder
[FBI, Crime in the United States].

similar statistics hold for the black share of offenders under age 18, with a 59.5 percent share of murder arrests for black youths
[FBI, Crime in the United States].

Blacks commit ..... 60% of all murders in the U.S. (32) (27) (6)

6.Buckley, William F. syndicated column, Jan. 5. 1993
27.Simpson, William Gayley. Which Way Western Man? 1978, National Alliance Press, Box 3535, Washington, D. C.20007
32.Taylor, Jared, Paved with Good Intentions: The Failure of Race Relations in Contemporary America. 1992, Carrol & Graf. New York, NY

Between 1976 and 1999 in the U.S. :
blacks commited 51.5% of the homicides in the U.S.
SOURCE: United States Department of Justice:
Bureau of Justice Statistics Homicide trends in the U.S.: Trends by race (http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/race.htm - broken link)
as of 12/.01

Of (MURDER) offenders for whom race was known, 53
percent were black, 45 percent were white, and the remainder were
persons of other races.
SOURCE:
Murder Statistics

Since 1986, blacks committed more murders in the U.S. than Whites and
hispanics
combined;
SOURCE: Data Source: Federal Bureau of Investigation. Supplementary
Homicide Reports for the years 1980-1997
[machine-readable data
files]. Washington, DC: FBI.
http://www.ojjdp.ncjrs.org/ojstatbb/html/qa137.html
as of 12/01

****BlacksARE ARRESTED FOR 61% OF THE ROBBERIES

Black offenders account for 61 percent of arrests for robbery
[FBI, Crime in the United States].

According to the Uniform Crime Report, 1997, 57% of the people arrested
for robbery were blacks.
Source: Arrest information by race is from Crime in the United States
1997, p. 240.

Blacks COMMIT OVER 50% OF THE ROBBERIES

Blacks commit more than half of all rapes and
robberies and 60% of all murders in the U.S. (32) (27) (6)

6.Buckley, William F. syndicated column, Jan. 5. 1993
27.Simpson, William Gayley. Which Way Western Man? 1978, National Alliance Press, Box 3535, Washington, D. C.
32.Taylor, Jared, Paved with Good Intentions: The Failure of Race Relations in Contemporary America. 1992, Carrol & Graf. New York, NY

According to NCVS data on single-offender crimes, 51 percent of robbers
were reported by their victims to be black

Source: Criminal Victimization in the United States, 1994, p. 40
From: The Color of Crime

Blacks COMMIT OVER 50% OF RAPES

Blacks commit more than half of all rapes and
robberies and 60% of all murders in the U.S. (32)
(27) (6)

6.Buckley, William F. syndicated column, Jan. 5.
1993
27.Simpson, William Gayley. Which Way Western
Man? 1978, National Alliance Press, Box 3535,
Washington, D. C. 20007
32.Taylor, Jared, Paved with Good Intentions: The
Failure of Race Relations in Contemporary
America. 1992, Carrol & Graf. New York, NY

AND WHEN THEY DO RAPE, THEY RAPE WHITE WOMEN:

Black rapists choose White victims over
half (54.9%) of the time (2) (32) (28)

2.American Journal of Sociology, Vol. 92, pg
822+
28.Social Forces, Vol. 69, pg.1+, Sept. '90
32.Taylor, Jared, Paved with Good Intentions: The
Failure of Race Relations in Contemporary
America. 1992, Carrol & Graf. New York, NY

*********50% OF ALL Black MALES WILL BE CHARGED WITH A SERIOUS FELONY
IN THEIR LIFETIME

Approximately 50% of all Black males
will be arrested and charged with a serious felony
during their lifetime. (27)

27.Simpson, William Gayley. Which Way Western
Man? 1978, National Alliance Press, Box 3535,
Washington, D. C. 20007

51 % of nonwhite males could anticipate being arrested for a felony at
some time during their
lifetimes.

See generally Alfred Blumstein & Elizabeth Graddy, Prevalence and
Recidivism Index Arrests: A Feedback Model, 16
LAW & SOC'Y REV. 265 (1981-82). The cities surveyed were: Birmingham,
Phoenix, Tucson, Oakland, Long Beach, Los
Angeles, Sacramento, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Denver,
Washington, D.C., Miami, Jacksonville, Tampa, Atlanta,
Chicago, Indianapolis, Wichita, Louisville, New Orleans, Baltimore,
Boston, Detroit, Minneapolis, St. Paul, Kansas City, St. Louis,
Omaha, Newark, Jersey City, Albuquerque, Buffalo, Rochester, New York,
Charlotte, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Toledo,
Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Portland, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Memphis,
Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, El Paso, Ft. Worth, Austin,
Norfolk, Seattle, Milwaukee, and Honolulu.

*************Black VIOLENT CRIME TARGETS WHITES MORE THAN 50% OF THE
TIME

The figures from Table 42 of the NCVS show other facts about interracial
violence. If we once Interracial Crime again concentrate on the group of figures at the top of the table we can calculate the total number of crimes committed by perpetrators of each race, and the percentage that is committed against the other race. We find that the 1,140,670 acts of violence committed by blacks against whites constitute 56.3 percent
of all violent crimes committed by blacks. That is to say that when blacks commit violent crimes they target whites more than half the time or, put differently, there is more black-on-white than black-on-black crime. Similar calculations for whites show that of the 5,114,692 acts of criminal
violence committed by whites, only 2.6 percent were directed at blacks. (Although homicide is a violent crime, the NCVS does not include it because victims cannot be interviewed. The number of interracial murders is small and does not affect the percentages and ratios presented here.)

From The Color of Crime, New Century Foundation
available at:
jeffsarchive.com (http://jeffsarchive.com/hate%20crime/The%20Color%20of%20Crime.html - broken link)
as of 12/01
or try:
http://www.amren.com/colrcrim.html (broken link)
 
Old 04-10-2009, 08:48 AM
 
925 posts, read 2,229,550 times
Reputation: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
NJ abolished the death penalty in 07.
Okay, so it abolished it. There are still northern states which initate the death penalty. Does it make a state "progressive" to let cold blooded killers live, while their victims will never see the light of day on this Earth ever again?
 
Old 04-10-2009, 02:44 PM
 
44,580 posts, read 43,115,486 times
Reputation: 14377
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Fanatic View Post
Okay, I could name you hundreds of small towns that are predominately black that have exceptional crime rates. On the other hand, there are few predominately white small towns where the crime rate would be as high.

On the other hand, I could compare side-by-side any city of similar population that is predominately white to one that is predominately black, and the crime rates of those cities would be as different as night and day.



Many crimes in all locales don't get reported. Your point? Crime instances are more numerous in predominately black locales.
Most of the crimes are in the urban areas anyway, because there are more people living in urban areas, hence more people to commit a crime, and secondly because the black and Mestizo populations are higher in the urban areas, whereas the rural areas tend to be more white. However, whatever the numbers, they don't effect the CRIME RATE, for it is a function of the number of crimes per unit of population.



Let's knock some holes in this:

"While white fears of black crime are more reasonable than Obama admits, black rage at a discriminatory justice system is more justified than most whites understand. According to the best available data, blacks are 20% more likely than whites to use illegal drugs. But blacks are an incredible thirteen times more likely to be imprisoned for drug crime. (Data source here). In effect, Americans live under two sets of drug laws: the forgiving set of rules that mostly white suburbanites know, and the unfathomably severe rules that govern urban blacks."

Quote:
Blacks are more likely to be imprisoned for drug crime because they're more likely to get caught? Why is this the case? They're the one out in public selling it, or the ones who are more likely to be found with drugs on them during a traffic stop, etc. Whites may use them, but they do at a much lower rate, and they are less prone to selling them.


Common sense destroys the argument.

"If drug crime is overpunished in black neighborhoods, violent crime is underpunished. Nationwide, police clear nearly 60% of violent crimes (meaning, they arrest the likely offender) in nearly all-white small towns and rural areas. In large cities, police clear fewer than one-third of violent crimes. (Data source here). Race-specific data are unavailable, but it’s a very good bet that black neighborhoods in every major city have clearance rates far below one-third, and most white neighborhoods see rates that are much higher."

This one is easy to destroy as well. There is greater clearance of crimes in white neighborhoods because there aren't as many crimes being committed as in black neighborhoods, and the system isn't bogged down. Hence, work overload leads to non-clearance in black neighborhoods. However, if only a few crimes are being committed in white neighborhoods, everything is likely to be cleared.



Quote:
Are these still going on? Slavery ended over one hundred and forty years ago, and Jim Crowe ended over forty years ago.


Okay, I should have said that WHITE MEN are screwed by the system. I should have been a little more specific, for the white man is the most discriminated against person in modern-day America.
Quote:
The white man is ridiculed on television, made out to be the dope, while the black man is made out to be intelligent. The white man is constantly the one being shown as being criminals, as in ADT commercials and increasingly on crime shows. This is because it is now seen as politically incorrect to show blacks and crime in a show, as reality may be hurtful. White men are discriminated against in college admissions, government business contracts, hiring via a need to fill a quota, and we're constantly the one left out when the media says they're looking for "women and minorities". If that isn't downright discrimination, I don't know what is.


Quote:
Isn't it odd that every other group has gotten over past injustices, but blacks can't seem to get over it? When it's been 100 years, many black people will be making the argument that it's kind of recent...and so it goes
.



Quote:
It's part of the entitlement culture, though, isn't it?


Quote:
Not that good? They have affirmative action, welfare, subsidized housing, not to mention all the conveniences of a modern day life. Furthermore, they're not discriminated against, for there
are laws against that. How is it "not that good". If it's not good, even after all this, then they only have to look at themselves and place the blame where it lies: them.

Quote:
Oh really? I suppose the Irish, the Jews, Indentured Servants, all the slaves throughout time of all races, and today the white man haven't been subjected to injustice. Yet, you don't hear of the blame game/entitlement culture that many blacks constantly harp on.


Quote:
It kept crime low. It was a deterrent


No kidding. You don't say.



Quote:
Yes, at one time much of Europe was impoverished. However, what "African" civilizations are you talking about being on the rise: Ancient Egypt, which is not, nor has it ever been a black country.


Extreme European poverty hasn't been a constant, as it has been in sub-saharan Africa. It's never been "the other way around". Sub-Sahara Africa has a low quality of life, just as it always has.

Modern Day Africa:


12th Century England:


Let's check the average IQ again by race:





Not necessarily. As you can see from the graph above, there is a range of intelligence within every race. There are some black that have high IQs, and these individuals should do particularly well. However, as a whole, most blacks have a low IQ, which tends to prevent a modern society on the whole in which the population of the country is predominately black.



It has been to varying degrees, but not within the past hundreds of years. Only in Africa is the practice still occurring beyond one ore two deranged individuals, such as what you indicated with Jeffrey Dahmer below.



I don't see more than a few whites being cannibals, as is the case in sub-saharan Africa. I'm not saying that most blacks are cannibals, but the reality is that there are many more black cannibals than white cannibals.



Why are the streets of Copenhagen, Glasgow, or Helsinki not as dangerous? Why are the streets of Fargo, Winnipeg, or Portland nowhere as dangerous?



I thought that the end of apartheid was supposed to "heal" the land?

What do you mean by "trickle down of resources"? Does this mean a hand-out? There's plenty of that in South Africa. I'm not certain what you mean by the statement.



Doesn't every nation have its leaders, or a "few elite"? Why is it supposedly different with South Africa? Or, are you referring to the "few elite" as being white people? If so, I suppose being murdered on their farms, being discriminated against in jobs, etc. makes them "elite"?
Eastern Kentucky has a lot of impoverished people, but you don't see high crime.



In terms of what, a handout? How about WORKING?



Quote:
Wealth is built from the ground up. Most millionaires are self-made millionaires. In most instances, you determine your lot in life. Wealth isn't meant to be sprinkled down, unless you're talking about businesses hiring people to work, of which an efficient run business with little taxation is able to operate and support many workers, which helps them contribute to the economy.
So discrimination against whites, white farmers being murdered, and a lowered standard of living for everyone is better than a higher standard of living for everyone, but with white people in charge?



Quote:
Yes, Mayor Nagin, and other left-wing socialists. These are the same people and politics that blacks typically support. What about Chicago's corruption, LA's corruption with Villagaroisa? What about the scandals of the Detroit City Council? Give me a break. There is bound to be some corruption wherever there is government.


This is not happening in the deep south any longer. It hasn't happened for about five decades, so you can discount that. However, whites in America, particularly white males, are institutionally discriminated against. In South Africa, it is not blacks who are now discriminated against, it is whites. Yes, it is oppressive. Thanks for sorting that out.

How do the drugs get into the black communities? How do the drug pushers get their hands on the drugs? They have to come from somewhere. I don't deny that there are many black people who are pushing the drugs, but they have to get the drugs from somewhere. Did you know that the mafia ran the heroin trade? The Mafiosos brought drugs in. Furthermore the reason blacks are more likely to get caught is because people will watch them more than anyone else. They are the ones people will pull over more than anyone else, even if they are not breaking any laws. Sometimes people who don't have drugs on them get pulled over. I should know. I have been in the car many times when my father was harrassed by the police. The fact is many in contemporary America do not trust blacks and back in the old days you could get away with harrassing blacks. The cops would do this and blatantly use race as a reason to do it. Nowadays the police have to be more careful. Common sense doesn't destroy this argument. How do you know for sure if the person has drugs. You can't tell just by looks alone. Assumption alone is not enough.

Jim Crow laws and slavery are over now, but there are many people who still carry the Jim Crow mentality. It gets passed down from one generation to another. What it is going to take is for someone to break the generational curse and not be like that. Many are breaking the curse. Others are not and some things are still getting passed down.

As for discrimination against white men, that isn't the only kind of discrimination. Yes, white men are discriminated against to fill quotas. That doesn't mean that minorites and women aren't discriminated against either.

Here is something to think about. The Native Americans have been subjected to mmany injustices for a very long time and their condition in the USA is very horrible. Blacks have been subjected to injustices longer than anyone else. Every effort was made to make sure blacks could rise up from it. Slavery did it. After slavery ended, the Jim Crow laws came. The Jim Crow laws are no longer in affect, but 250-300 years of injustices is kind of hard to get over. You might give examples of the Chinese. The Chinese were subjected to much discrimination, but they have only been in this nation since the late 1800's. Blacks have been here much longer and subjected to torment much longer.

As for entitlement, if I was kidnapped and taken to another place and subjected to uncompensated labor, I would feel like I was entitled too. The mentality was passed one. I believe a person should be entitled to live like a human being and be treated like everyone else. Blacks were never given that. There are less blacks on welfare than whites. But, why do people go on welfare? It beats stealing and killing to survive.

Alot of people don't get to live that good. The minorities who do live that good are the ones taking advantage of it. The ones who don't have access to such things are the ones who don't benefit. Affirmative action doesn't work that well because alot of people don't have the access to certain resources. Believe it or not, there are many places in this nation where people don't live that good and don't have access to certain things.

The Irish and the Jews were able to assimilate easier than Blacks. If you were Black in the old days, you were pretty much shut out of most opportunities. Why is that hard for you to see?

Lynching is a crime. If you not in law enforcement, it is not your call to go and storm a jail and kill someone. If the person has already been arrested, let the law take its course. If a person has already committed a crime and that person is on the run, let the police arrest him/her. When the Grand Wizard of the KKK raped and murdered a woman, no one stormed the jail trying to kill him.
As for crime deterence, it detered blacks from committing crimes against blacks. As for blacks committing crimes against other blacks, well, it didn't really help. That is why black on black crime is so horrible. Blacks killed other blacks and committed crimes against other blacks because they were afraid to committ crimes against whites. Nowadays many black criminals are less afraid. Still, a crime is a crime and race should have no bearing in that. Unfortunately, there are still people(of all races) who let race dictate how punishment should be approached.

I wasn't talking about Egypt. I was talking about the kingdoms of Mali, Ghana, and Songhai, also, Great Zimbabwe. By the way, Egypt did actually have black Nubian pharaohs:http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/2677919.stm

Other than Portland, Copenhagen, and Helsinki, you picked a few lousy examples. Winnipeg is the most dangerous city in Canada, more dangerous than Toronto, the safest, which has more blacks than any other Canadian city. Glasgow is the murder capital of Europe:Glasgow: Murder Capital of Europe Clipped News
Fargo is safe, I will admit that. But Fargo doesn't have 100,000 people. It is a small place.

Wealth might be built from the bottom up, but it what do the self-made millionaires do once they make that money?

When I said Louisiana has always had corruption, as well as the rest of the Deep South, I meant throughout its history, as in pre-1965.
 
Old 04-10-2009, 03:20 PM
 
1,084 posts, read 3,392,818 times
Reputation: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
.

not qouting everything you said but, glascow is only dangeorus because it technically has a miny civil war going on. the whole reason hose 2 soldiers were killed last month.
 
Old 04-10-2009, 08:39 PM
 
Location: West Cobb County, GA (Atlanta metro)
9,190 posts, read 29,578,014 times
Reputation: 5091
Funny - I don't remember the subject line of the thread being "black crime statistics", even though someone apparently read it that way.

Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top