U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: What city would you most like to live in? Why?
Boston 57 10.31%
Chicago 90 16.27%
Dallas 43 7.78%
Houston 44 7.96%
Las Vegas 39 7.05%
Los Angeles 61 11.03%
Miami 25 4.52%
New York City 60 10.85%
Phoenix 27 4.88%
Philly 56 10.13%
San Fran 51 9.22%
Voters: 553. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-01-2009, 10:39 AM
 
767 posts, read 1,804,863 times
Reputation: 508

Advertisements

SF and LA both have it all. Great weather, beautiful terrain, the ocean, plenty of nightlife, skiiing and any other outdoor activities nearby, culture, entertainment, relatively friendly, laid-back atmospheres, etc., etc..... Besides cheap housing, what don't these areas have??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-01-2009, 11:05 AM
 
Location: Concrete jungle where dreams are made of.
8,900 posts, read 12,960,872 times
Reputation: 1819
How does Houston have as many as NY...lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2009, 11:19 AM
 
Location: Boston
7,559 posts, read 15,625,313 times
Reputation: 8921
Boston. It feels like home already. Excellent transit, shopping, density and urbanity, excellent schools (primary and secondary), 4 great seasons, coastal, RED SOX (and Fenway Park), diverse, etc. I could go on.

I would live in New York, San Francisco, Philly and Chicago on this list as well as they're all great cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2009, 11:19 AM
 
Location: St Simons Island, GA
21,993 posts, read 33,930,144 times
Reputation: 13797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
How does Houston have as many as NY...lol
Because it is a nice place to live?

As much as I love NYC, I think I can admit that not everyone aspires to live there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2009, 11:20 AM
 
Location: Houston Texas
2,898 posts, read 2,814,961 times
Reputation: 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
How does Houston have as many as NY...lol
Because the NY metro includes Long Island

The vast majority of people here in Houston love it here even if someone you say you know here says it sucks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2009, 11:21 AM
 
Location: Concrete jungle where dreams are made of.
8,900 posts, read 12,960,872 times
Reputation: 1819
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Because the NY metro includes Long Island

The vast majority of people here in Houston love it here even if someone you say you know here says it sucks

It says NYC, not metro NY. And no one moves to Long Island because it's more expensive than 90% of the country.

And there's a reason why my dad's coworkers moved to Houston and moved back to Long Island; it doesn't offer nearly as much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2009, 11:30 AM
 
Location: Houston Texas
2,898 posts, read 2,814,961 times
Reputation: 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
Which city/metro area would you most like to live in. Why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
It says NYC, not metro NY. And no one moves to Long Island because it's more expensive than 90% of the country.

No, it is because it is the least desirable part of NY metro
And there's a reason why my dad's coworkers moved to Houston and moved back to Long Island; it doesn't offer nearly as much.
There is a reason why all MY dads friends moved to long Island and moved back to Houston, because it sucks there.

Cute little story though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2009, 11:31 AM
 
Location: NJ
327 posts, read 938,444 times
Reputation: 217
Hopefully, I am moving back to NYC by the end of this year. NYC is the best city for me but i wouldnt mind living in San Fran, Philly or Chicago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2009, 11:34 AM
 
Location: Concrete jungle where dreams are made of.
8,900 posts, read 12,960,872 times
Reputation: 1819
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
There is a reason why all MY dads friends moved to long Island and moved back to Houston, because it sucks there.

Cute little story though

lol don't waste your time anymore. I won't from people like this from Houston anymore. They have serious inferiority complex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2009, 11:36 AM
 
2,057 posts, read 4,803,985 times
Reputation: 979
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
There is a reason why all MY dads friends moved to long Island and moved back to Houston, because it sucks there.

Cute little story though
IMO, I would rather live in Long Island over Houston.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top