U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Which city skyline do you find the most impressive:
Pueblo 110 40.89%
Chicago 159 59.11%
Voters: 269. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 08:54 PM

411 posts, read 734,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-town 720 View Post
I think if anything our friend josseppie has brought out the smug in some of us who live in large cities, which seems to carry its own insecurities.
Why are you equating smugness only with ppl in large cities?

BTW Chicago definitely gets my vote.

Old 03-26-2009, 11:28 PM

1,425 posts, read 3,036,883 times
Chicago,Since when did Pueblo get a skyline?I tried so hard to Google it and there's no actual Pic for it's Skyline.

Old 03-27-2009, 12:24 AM
Status: "CSU P football at the NCAA national championship!" (set 4 days ago)

10,367 posts, read 11,982,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californialove24 View Post
Chicago,Since when did Pueblo get a skyline?I tried so hard to Google it and there's no actual Pic for it's Skyline.
clearly you miss my pics from before. I will post another of our high rises in todays snow storm!

Old 11-17-2009, 03:03 PM

631 posts, read 951,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
You cant see the towers there, all over 10 stories! Plus we have Colorado State University in the back ground! And this view does not even show the heart of downtown and the financial district, or as I like to call it "the Wall Street of Southern Colorado"!

Plus you see one crane and there is one more building a tower at the downtown hospital, that is a level 2 trauma center!

You can apologize in public or private, its up to you..

umm...unless it has two campus locales CSU is only in Ft. Collins. However Pueblo is the 4th home of Colorado University.

Old 11-17-2009, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsteelerfan View Post
People, listen up. I've ACTUALLY been to that dump of a 'town' (it's far from a 'real' city), Josssie is on some type of crussade to try and make Pueblo impressive somehow. It ain't now, it NEVER was, and will NEVER be! He tried calling it the "Pittsburgh of the West" before also. Jossie, go to the Pittsburgh forum. Now, the very first thread on there is "pics of Pittsburgh. Look thru them and tell me how or why you think that dump Pueblo is similiar to Pittsburgh. Now you're trying tom compare it to NYC? Especaially the "skyline"? Paaaaaaaaaaaalease!

hey last i heard NYC was FAR AND AWAY from producing any sort of MEDAL OF HONOR recipient. Pueblo is called the "HOME OF THE HEROS" for a reason. get your facts straight before hating on an honest town like Pueblo.

Old 11-17-2009, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
That was before major developments planned for Pueblo in the alternative energy sector they include:

1. The nations largest solar plant at a cost of 1 billion dollars.

2. The proposed Colorado energy park that will be 21,000 acers and the largest in the country.

BOISE, ID--(Marketwire - September 15, 2008) - Alternate Energy Holdings, Inc. (PINKSHEETS: AEHI) signed an agreement with a representative of the proposed Colorado Energy Park (CEP) southeast of Pueblo, CO to negotiate contracts on land and water rights for multiple large advanced nuclear reactors. The current CEP site is over 21,000 acres and is valued at $83 million, including substantial water use rights. CEP can host a mixed portfolio of renewable energy including solar PV and CSP, wind, biomass, small-hydro and nuclear. AEHI will seek a complement of multiple clean energy providers to fully utilize the large site and share the nuclear plant's transmission, water, road and rail infrastructure. When fully developed, CEP will help meet the state's and region's growing demand for electricity. At CEP, AEHI will help the US achieve energy independence, and meet the goal of increasing sources of green energy to reduce CO2 and toxic emissions from the global environment. The CEP as a merchant site should be able to wield power east of the Rockies as needed to meet demand.

3 A new heavy industrial park south of town that even Colorado Springs cant match and we have companies like Vestas building the worlds largest wind turbine plant and possibly a foundry.

Colorado Springs economic development officials have listed alternative energy as a target industry for creating local jobs. Friday's announcement is not a loss for Colorado Springs, said David White, executive vice president of the Colorado Springs Economic Development Corp.

"Even though it would have been nice to attract this company into our region, the reality is we just don't have any rail sites. We don't have the kind of heavy industrial capabilities the city of Pueblo has," White said. "It's really a win for southern Colorado. Not everyone who works at this plant will live in Pueblo."

4. Large scale developments like Pueblo Springs Ranch that will have the states largest tech park.

oPueblo County - Historically, Pueblo County has experienced moderate population growth. This trend will change when the Pueblo Springs Ranch is complete. The 23,000-acre subdivision in northeast Pueblo County is expected to have about 75,000 households, or 200,000 people when completed. The Historic Arkansas Riverwalk Project has begun to pay the economic dividends its creators intended. In August 2007, the new 44,000-square-foot headquarters of the Professional Bull Riders Association was dedicated, and new restaurants and other establishments have opened near the new building.

Why Pueblo? Due to our location and infrastructure. Denver and Pueblo are the only cities in the state to have all of the best infrastructure and look what happened to Denver last century now its our turn to grow.
dude you ROCK!

Old 11-17-2009, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Summers View Post
Josseppie, I give you props on getting your information out but you know that you're being mocked right? What exactly are we comparing when we talk Pueblo vs Chicago ( Chicago neighborhood vs Pueblo)? What's your city's population?
population got NOTHING to do with it. example: Atlantic City NJ has less than 40,000 people yet it has a VERY distinctive skyline. Here's another: Bellevue, Washington has just over 100,000 people yet it has a skyline to rival many moderately sized cities across the nation. Pueblo (last I heard) has roughly 120,000, but keep in mind that Denver overshadows EVERYTHING Colorado has, plus Pueblo hasn't been around nearly as long as a city like Chicago has, nor does Pueblo have the extra benefit of a massive lake to provide a port as extra means of income/jobs. With that in mind, do remember that the size of the city doesn't make a skyline, it's what the city has to offer.

Old 11-17-2009, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken.or.the.nugget View Post
isnt boulder colorados second city...
i dont think i had heard of pueblo until you or someone else on the board mentioned it

well no. as a resident of a city less than 20 miles away from Boulder, all Boulder really has to offer is the Engineering College of Colorado University. If you want more info on Boulder just take a look around...you'll find PLENTY about it.

Old 11-17-2009, 05:04 PM

20 posts, read 8,674 times
wth lol Josseppie? what are you smoking?

Old 11-17-2009, 06:59 PM

3,457 posts, read 3,534,116 times
Pueblo is a run-down old industrial city that never grew like the others...
Sooo with that said, I felt bad for it and voted for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City