U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-06-2009, 08:19 PM

2,059 posts, read 3,300,510 times
I am fully capable of understanding what cities and states are republican and democrat.

I dont remember asking anyone the political views of NYC because I already knew that the majority votes democrat

I dont let other peoples political views bother me unless they start preaching to me then I will tell them off

I keep to myself and I expect others to do the same

Old 04-06-2009, 11:34 PM

13,318 posts, read 13,000,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Even the suburbs are a little more conservative. Maybe he would fit in better there. I know on Long Island there were TONS of McCain stickers. I never saw them here in the city though.
Wow even the burbs? I would have never suspected that. I thought all of NYC metro would be like the boroughs. Maybe I was wrong.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:37 AM

1,206 posts, read 1,069,389 times
have you studied the use of proper verbs in your travels---yallll...?

Old 04-07-2009, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Down south we would say...

You're freaking me out.....NOT....

"your freaking me out"

Would that make us progressive?
please notice, those who begin a conversation with their declaration "i am a progressive thinker" usually show themselves to be somewhat the centers of their universes and more than a bit ethnocentric. these friends find tolerance in others as long as those individuals bend to the self-proclaimed progressive's way of thinking...after all, the progressive likes to set every agenda...the unenlightened just follow.

Old 04-07-2009, 01:05 AM

2,117 posts, read 2,394,380 times
Progressive: Mass
Backwards: Others

Maybe some day I will teach you all what we have learned in our enlightened utopia over some organic matte.

Probably not though. ****in hillybillys.

Old 04-07-2009, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
Obviously Cali is going to out-do any of the Eastern states in a head-to-head comparison...it's basically the entire West Coast!

Don't forget about Boston. The Boston area has tons of Biotech companies in the area like Genzyme, Biogen Idec, Millenium Pharmaceuticals and Vertex Pharmaceuticals...plus we have many laboratories from California-based companies (and they have plenty of labs of our companies too) like Amgen and Applied Biosystems. We also have the world headquarters of the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research. I believe aside from California, Massachusetts is the biggest Biotech state in the nation.
i agree w/ this poster. boston has a good deal of biotech industry. too, several boston-based bioresearch companies and some defense technology companies are expanding their operations to memphis and b'ham. memphis is currently in the middle of a huge building program which includes biocontainment labs, special "v" labs for the study of micro/bio defense projects, drug production, etc. w/in 12-16 months, one, if not two, vaccines will be announced. one of these will change the way medicine is practiced in immunotherapy, etc. uab is currently aggressively pursuing a biodefense technology that will be tested by the dod w/in the next 3 to 5 yrs.

Old 04-07-2009, 01:46 AM

1,694 posts, read 3,484,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWereRabbit View Post
Progressive: Mass
Backwards: Others

Maybe some day I will teach you all what we have learned in our enlightened utopia over some organic matte.

Probably not though. ****in hillybillys.
Oh man,that actually had me lmao good stuff.

Old 04-07-2009, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Crazy nutcases are everywhere, whether it be the East, West or inbetween; however, I will say this about parts of Michigan, Illinois, Ohio and Indiana. I've been unpleasantly surprised (on many occasions) by the derogatory comments about, and on occasion, given to African Americans - by none other than gay people. Granted, racism still exists in different doses everywhere, but I couldn't accept the fact that it seemed to be so run-of-the-mill in those places. Having grown up in the Chicago area, I'd seen it growing up, but you'd think that with the times, people would change (even generational change). I've been out west for quite a few years, and I just do not see that type of criticism as the norm here from gay people, let alone run-of-the-mill. In addition, I didn't see that type of behavior to that extreme in Texas and other parts of the South either.
while i agree w/ some of your post, it has been my observation that a large number of blacks enjoy the practice of reverse racism---whether it be against asians, indo-euro's, hispanics-latinos, and yes, whites. and, i might add, the election of bo has brought this problem to the extreme forefront, and, it will soon have to be addressed.

Old 04-07-2009, 02:00 AM

1,694 posts, read 3,484,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchef View Post
while i agree w/ some of your post, it has been my observation that a large number of blacks enjoy the practice of reverse racism---whether it be against asians, indo-euro's, hispanics-latinos, and yes, whites. and, i might add, the election of bo has brought this problem to the extreme forefront, and, it will soon have to be addressed.
Every race you just listed practices racism or reverse racism,while I admit some blacks may feel more "empowered"? because of the election they can hardly speak for the black community as a whole.

Old 04-07-2009, 02:54 AM

7,852 posts, read 12,430,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsteelerfan View Post
Ya, it firgures, you would think Bama's "progressive". Although you're a BIG fan of Georgia, so it stands to reason!......
I'm a big fan of the truth...would you like me to introduce the two of you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.