Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2009, 03:50 PM

765 posts, read 1,861,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Why? b/c I prefer San Diego weather to Milwaukee weather and I have a hard time anyone would rather be freezing when you could be in perfect weather.
Last but not least, the North is more wary of the weather and they appreciate the weather more than the warm South. Schools and colleges semesters are over and ppl just have fun...its that time of the year.

Northerners appreciate summer time much more than southerners because we have it for 3 months. So during the months of June to August...the North is superior to the south in all aspects INCLUDING weather. During the winter, yes south is warm...but the xmas spirit is pathetic lol. I love seeing winter culture...the Xmas trees, the snow...the xmas lightings on the streets...its beautiful, its "That time of the year" and its very appreciative.

In the north, summer is "That time of the year" too...in the south, you don't have that feeling because its all year round so u dont appreciate it as much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 03:51 PM

2,114 posts, read 4,916,925 times
learn to ski or move

Old 06-05-2009, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post
I would call that a disadvantage. I hate wearing extra layers of clothing . I hate shopping aswell.
How is that a disadvantage? I like wearing extra layers...its winter style fashion...ever heard of it? Surely wearing the same summer style clothing all year becomes pretty damn lame to me.

Well...if u hate shopping then I dont think it matters to u anyway regarding what u wear.

Old 06-05-2009, 04:00 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,365,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libohove90 View Post
Last but not least, the North is more wary of the weather and they appreciate the weather more than the warm South. Schools and colleges semesters are over and ppl just have fun...its that time of the year.

Northerners appreciate summer time much more than southerners because we have it for 3 months. So during the months of June to August...the North is superior to the south in all aspects INCLUDING weather. During the winter, yes south is warm...but the xmas spirit is pathetic lol. I love seeing winter culture...the Xmas trees, the snow...the xmas lightings on the streets...its beautiful, its "That time of the year" and its very appreciative.

In the north, summer is "That time of the year" too...in the south, you don't have that feeling because its all year round so u dont appreciate it as much.
What a bizarre and misinformed post.

You do realize that the South is huge, has several different climates and many different areas (including mine) experience four, distinct seasons?

Have you ever even been to the South?

Old 06-05-2009, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
What a bizarre and misinformed post.

You do realize that the South is huge, has several different climates and many different areas (including mine) experience four, distinct seasons?

Have you ever even been to the South?
The thread starter was talking about how she doesnt like cold harsh winters and wants to move to SD and Miami. THUS, my post was referring to the warm areas of the south like umm Florida or even Texas. If you can really reason, you'll know I'm referring to places like Florida and Texas...but not VA, NC or Kentucky. A little common sense or just reading from context would be nice

Old 06-05-2009, 04:22 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,365,574 times
Quote:
The thread starter was talking about how she doesnt like cold harsh winters and wants to move to SD and Miami. THUS, my post was referring to the warm areas of the south like umm Florida or even Texas. If you can really reason, you'll know I'm referring to places like Florida and Texas...but not VA, NC or Kentucky. A little common sense or just reading from context would be nice
As well as not using overly broad generalizations and trying to lump a huge area of the country into neat, compartmentalized and misinformed statements is also nice.

Works both ways.

Old 06-05-2009, 04:23 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
If you were refering to Florida you would be off also.

I am in Central Florida and it gets gown to the 20's here. I have had my pipes frozen before.

I go months at a time when I can not wear shorts and I have a leather jacket for the winter months.

Old 06-06-2009, 09:06 AM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
If you were refering to Florida you would be off also.

I am in Central Florida and it gets gown to the 20's here. I have had my pipes frozen before.

I go months at a time when I can not wear shorts and I have a leather jacket for the winter months.
Same thing in Texas. You have places in the panhandle that can get to the single digits in the winter. The wind chill will be well below zero as well.

This happens two or three times per year in Dallas.

YouTube - Snow storm in Dallas

Old 06-06-2009, 06:19 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,459,078 times
Please stay on topic, or this thread will be closed.

Old 06-06-2009, 07:56 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,452,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Same thing in Texas. You have places in the panhandle that can get to the single digits in the winter. The wind chill will be well below zero as well.

This happens two or three times per year in Dallas.

YouTube - Snow storm in Dallas
That's why I live in Houston. If I wanted that, I would've moved to Chicago a long time ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City