Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2010, 08:38 PM

3,971 posts, read 9,678,729 times

Advertisements

Weak, Twin Cities don't get that much snow. Stats are pretty skewed, because a Twin Cities' winter usually lasts longer than anywhere else in the USA, so the snowfall amount seems higher than it is, and there are many times in March and April where it snows and is completely melted within 24 hours. Anyway, the Twin Cities are cold, and it is a biotch, but there is a skyway system in MPLS that is greater than anywhere else in the USA. You never have to be outside and you can walk around for 8 miles downtown. I think the OP is focusing too much on winter. Maybe because it is winter, I would like to see this person write this in July. In Minnesota, Summer is June, July, August. Fall is September, October, November. Winer is December, January, February. Spring is March, April, May. It's pretty simple, and the seasons tend to change on a dime. Only winter is really bad. Say what you will about spring, but it's pretty gray and raining in the spring time in almost every part of the country. Summer is awesome, and there is nothing bad about fall. So, OP, settle down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
Where are there condos in Florida for the price of a new car? I'll buy one. That's cheaper than a timeshare, in the long run, and it can be rented out.

Vero Beach.

Old 01-30-2010, 10:18 AM

1,160 posts, read 2,960,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
You'll get women who know how to cook, treat a man, and be a woman. the "ladies" up north are often masculine and forget how to be tactful (really northerners aren't tactful for the most part). but the women know how to be women in places like georgia and south carolina. i'm gonna get me a georgia peach one day.
Wow.

Old 01-31-2010, 12:23 PM

My buddy spent this summer in San Antonio, TX, where for 2 weeeks the temp didn't drop below 95 degrees. Why would anyone live there?

Same concept. We Minnesotans are tough, hard workers, we dont let a little chill bring us down. It sucks, but it's winter. Most of our ancestors were from Finland, Sweden, and Germany. It's in our blood. Nothing like waking up on a sunny day in October though, or spending an entire day on a lake in July!

Old 01-31-2010, 12:35 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,939,050 times
I just went to PA for the weekend. Stayed in the Amish country and then went to visit my friend who lives in PA, but on the border of Maryland and Delaware. Wow, she wasn't kidding when she said it's the sticks!! There was only 1 traffic light for 25 miles. I could never live anywhere that desolate. I can see why people would want to though, in a way, since it's relaxing to live somewhere that isn't crowded at all. I just wouldn't live there.

Old 02-27-2010, 11:55 PM

3,047 posts, read 9,033,708 times
I heart Georgia Peaches.

Old 02-28-2010, 11:29 AM

486 posts, read 1,035,485 times
[quote=Milwaukee City;7969782]
Quote:
[Every person has a different temperature that they prefer. /QUOTE]

Yeah I know this to be true but I just can't understand it, it's like my brain turns into a preztel when people say "oh isn't -12 and 13inches of snow so beautiful" I like the heat, I think SD is too cold for my liking but There is people that actually live in canada or Minn. It boggles my mind. Like when my grandpa came here from poland he settled in Long Beach CA and then out of nowhere picked up and moved to Milwaukee and now I'm married and stuck in the 2nd coldest major us city.
You should try living in some place like St. Louis or New Orleans during the summer, and then tell us how enjoyable the experience is. Milwaukee summers are probably awesome compared to summers in warmer-weather areas. I'm originally from Missouri, and it's ridiculously uncomfortable outside during the summer. Maybe winters suck in Milwaukee, but summers suck in many other places.

Old 02-28-2010, 11:50 AM

8,289 posts, read 23,111,797 times
[quote=muman;13093413]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post

You should try living in some place like St. Louis or New Orleans during the summer, and then tell us how enjoyable the experience is. Milwaukee summers are probably awesome compared to summers in warmer-weather areas. I'm originally from Missouri, and it's ridiculously uncomfortable outside during the summer. Maybe winters suck in Milwaukee, but summers suck in many other places.
LOL, maybe you should read my post more clearer, I have lived in Miami and New Orleans for a while and I loved it! I love 80 degree nights with lots of humidity, I don't know why but I enjoy the humidity for some odd reason.

Old 02-28-2010, 01:24 PM

2,106 posts, read 6,632,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
I just went to PA for the weekend. Stayed in the Amish country and then went to visit my friend who lives in PA, but on the border of Maryland and Delaware. Wow, she wasn't kidding when she said it's the sticks!! There was only 1 traffic light for 25 miles. I could never live anywhere that desolate. I can see why people would want to though, in a way, since it's relaxing to live somewhere that isn't crowded at all. I just wouldn't live there.
The sad thing is, so many NYCers think that is how people live west of the city. Any logical person would realize that such desolate areas obviously have little populations of people.

Old 02-28-2010, 03:02 PM

23,462 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
I heart Georgia Peaches.
HAHAHAHA I'm a GA native and my DH WISHES I behaved like that!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City