U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 03-21-2009, 05:30 PM

1,425 posts, read 2,753,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityGuy View Post
LOL someone needs to look at a map. PA doesnt touch the Ocean.`
Exaclty.,He doesn't care for Ca beaches When he's never been here and his State doesn't even touch the Ocean,And He talks why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 03-21-2009, 05:33 PM

893 posts, read 1,665,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californialove24 View Post
Exaclty.,He doesn't care for Ca beaches When he's never been here and his State doesn't even touch the Ocean,And He talks why?
I just moved to Queens from Long Island about 1 month ago. Which is on the Atlantic Ocean. So what are you talking about again? My mother lives in PA so I consider it a second home now. So before your out to point fingers, do your research.

Unread 03-21-2009, 05:34 PM

Quote:
But isnt California prone to earthquakes and landslides.
isn't Florida subject to Water surges,Flooding,Hurricanes,Tornandoes,Gators running the Streets.

Unread 03-21-2009, 05:35 PM

8,904 posts, read 5,786,486 times
In no order, probably:

Hawaii
Florida
New York
California
Maine (even though too cold to swim, the rocky coast line is pretty)

Unread 03-21-2009, 05:39 PM

366 posts, read 923,388 times
Quote:
isn't Florida subject to Water surges,Flooding,Hurricanes,Tornandoes,Gators running the Streets.
Yes. Most Tornadoes in Florida form over water which is called 'Waterspouts'; Florida has more lightning and thunder than any other state in th U.S as well.

Unread 03-21-2009, 06:00 PM

5,031 posts, read 7,526,683 times
I have 2 lists: what states have some of the most beautiful beaches & what states have the most swim-able beaches.

Beautiful Beaches:
Hawaii
California
Florida
Oregon
South Carolina

Swim-able Beaches:
Hawaii
Florida
South Carolina
California
New Jersey

Unread 03-21-2009, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth08 View Post
I just moved to Queens from Long Island about 1 month ago. Which is on the Atlantic Ocean. So what are you talking about again? My mother lives in PA so I consider it a second home now. So before your out to point fingers, do your research.
On what,What are you talking about,Do your research on CA beaches,Obviously from "What you Heard" Don't don't care,What research do I Have to do.,Think about it.

Unread 03-21-2009, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth08 View Post
1) Hawaii
2) Florida
3) North Carolina
4) New Jersey
5) New York

From what I heard, I don't care for California beaches.
This is what Makes no Sense your gonna Base Ca Beaches off of what you "Heard" but have not ever Seen.One question what did you "Hear" about Ca Beaches,Amaze Me.So what were are you telling me to Research,I Know PA doesn't touch the ocean,I Was being sarcastic,I've seen New England Beaches I was only impressed by NJ,But your gonna Base California off of "what you Heard",but never seen,That's Wonderful.

Unread 03-21-2009, 06:11 PM

1,694 posts, read 3,238,258 times
Quote:
This is what Makes no Sense your gonna Base Ca Beaches off of what you "Heard" but have not ever Seen.One question what did you "Hear" about Ca Beaches,Amaze Me.So what were are you telling me to Research.
Seriously? Everyone knows there just ugly and covered with filth

Look at the complete disregard of natural beauty I mean there are branches IN the sand.

Unread 03-21-2009, 06:44 PM

5,974 posts, read 2,999,546 times
Quote:
LOL someone needs to look at a map. PA doesnt touch the Ocean.`
Pennsylvania does not touch the Ocean but it does touch the Delaware River that leads to the Atlantic Ocean and its residents have access to the New Jersey shore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City