Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: San Antonio vs. Phoenix?
San Antonio 111 47.84%
Phoenix 121 52.16%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 10:51 AM

2,684 posts, read 7,379,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
girl??? no, I found my boyfriend there. We moved though
Wait wait..are you a girl?

UNPOSSIBLE!

Unless you are a guy and are gay. Then that's cool and probably more believable than girls on the internet.

Anyways, I voted for Phoenix. I don't have anything against San Antonio (in fact, I don't have anything against any city), but I have fond memories living there when I was younger. I loved every minute of it, especially summer =) Didn't mind the heat at all, and in fact pretty much turned my apartment complex into a water-gun warzone (with plastic bags full of water as "grenades") with some friends. Fun fun times!

Oh, this has to be the first thread in CD history where Phoenix is actually winning a City-vs-City thread! It's HISTORY IN THE MAKING!

I'm glad to be part of this great moment in CD's history! Hopefully, there will be more to come!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 12:42 PM

882 posts, read 2,244,491 times
^^^Lol.

Anyways, my vote goes to San Antonio.

Old 08-04-2010, 12:47 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,929,248 times
lol. There are girls on the internet. There are at least 7 girls on the internet, probably as many as 12.

there are some from Arizona in the relationship forum.

Old 08-04-2010, 12:52 PM

2,155 posts, read 4,579,291 times
Actually most of the girls on City-Data are in other sub-forums.

Beware men! In some of those forums you will be the minority!

Old 08-04-2010, 01:11 PM

2,744 posts, read 6,107,813 times
San Antonio-Austin Corridor (3.9 million)would fit into the Phoenix metro. I don't see how Phoenix has more to do than San Antonio, plus San Antonio recieves more yearly visitors. Its 26 million vs 21 million.

Old 08-04-2010, 01:28 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,032,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweethomeSanAntonio View Post
San Antonio-Austin Corridor (3.9 million)would fit into the Phoenix metro. I don't see how Phoenix has more to do than San Antonio, plus San Antonio recieves more yearly visitors. Its 26 million vs 21 million.
There's plenty to do in both cities to be honest. You live in San Antonio so you already know for San Antonio, but I'll tell you about what I did in Phoenix.

Phoenix area you can go hiking, there are some lakes to a distance that you can go boating and water skiing in.
Scottsdale has a very resort like feel to it, it's a very upscale type suburb and excellent shopping, I would say equivalent to La Cantarra in San Antonio.

Montazuma's Castle is not too far off and you can visit that, and visit a lot of other natural landmarks.

Those are just some of the many things you can do there.

There's a lot to do in Phoenix, you just need to know where to go and who to go with.

Old 08-04-2010, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome Danny View Post
There's plenty to do in both cities to be honest. You live in San Antonio so you already know for San Antonio, but I'll tell you about what I did in Phoenix.

Phoenix area you can go hiking, there are some lakes to a distance that you can go boating and water skiing in.
Scottsdale has a very resort like feel to it, it's a very upscale type suburb and excellent shopping, I would say equivalent to La Cantarra in San Antonio.

Montazuma's Castle is not too far off and you can visit that, and visit a lot of other natural landmarks.

Those are just some of the many things you can do there.

There's a lot to do in Phoenix, you just need to know where to go and who to go with.
That sounds like San Antonio. Actually, that sounds like Any Midsize City, USA. People assume there is nothing to do in places, but it's what you make of it. Yeah some cities aren't as exciting as others, but I try my best to accommodate to that.

Old 08-04-2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely95 View Post
Yeah some cities aren't as exciting as others, but I try my best to accommodate to that.
you must be very accommodating then

Old 08-04-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
you must be very accommodating then
Oh yes, it is so hard for me to accommodate. No hiking or shopping...man I really have it bad.

Nah, SA's not that bad. It's sort of getting better in that aspect. It's like a growing girl that needs to keep eating her vegetables!

Old 08-04-2010, 01:50 PM

I spent four years there while in school. It never got better. The bf was there for 6. we could not wait to get out In fact I was happiest when I first moved there and lived on campus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City