Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 12:29 AM

1,782 posts, read 3,940,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrsc View Post
San Diego is illusive, Downtown is very clean and business driven, while south downtown (Petco Park area) is full of poverty and homeless, on the other side of balboa park you have lincoln park and logan ave, considered southeast san diego.. and that place is very ghetto.. other surrounding areas are ghetto also... El Cajon, Oceanside, Escondido, Chula Vista..

San Jose? lol i really doubt it... that is shark city. literally.

Honolulu has alot of poverty from what i hear.

Seattle
Salt Lake City
Minneapolis
Austin
Raleigh
Oklahoma City
Orlando
Chorpus Christi
Tijuana should be up there to.
Defintiley agree with Orlando. There's really only 1 road here to avoid, everything else isn't bad....

Old 04-02-2009, 03:06 AM

46 posts, read 161,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
Which 10 large cities do you think are the least ghetto, or most high class? Here are my picks:

1. San Diego
2. San Jose
3. Seattle
4. Portland
5. Salt Lake City
6. Minneapolis
7. Boston
8. Honolulu
9. Denver
10. Austin
You can take Minneapolis off that list. Just a few years ago people were calling it "Murderapolis". It's far from worst but definitely not top ten either.

Old 04-02-2009, 03:34 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,923,687 times
Orlando??? I wouldnt call Orlando Compton, BUT I wouldnt call it LEAST ghetto either. Out of all the NICE American cities that should be on that list Orlnado??? Granted, Orlando is a nice looking well kept city. But alot of parts(Pine Hills, OBT, McKleren circle, Texas area, Holden Heights, Parramore) are somewhat ghetto.

Old 04-02-2009, 04:48 AM

2,488 posts, read 2,931,980 times
Non ghetto cities tend to be new urban sprawly cities. Give them 50 years, and soon they will be more ghetto then Detroit.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:30 AM

2,943 posts, read 5,070,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
Which 10 large cities do you think are the least ghetto, or most high class? Here are my picks:

1. San Diego
2. San Jose
3. Seattle
4. Portland
5. Salt Lake City
6. Minneapolis
7. Boston
8. Honolulu
9. Denver
10. Austin
I agree with this list for the most part, although Honolulu has a really bad meth problem, San Diego has issues with illegal immigration and gangs, and Boston definitely has some rough areas. My first question is, where's San Francisco? The worse thing they have going for them is lots and lots of homeless people, but then again, so does Denver, Portland, and Austin. SLC is definitely the least "ghetto" city in America, but I would never set foot in the state of Utah.

However, I do disagree with your inference that the least "ghetto" cities are therefore the most "high class" cities. IMHO the only cities on your list that I would consider to be "high class" are Seattle, Minneapolis, and Boston. When I think "high class," I usually think of cities like NYC, Chicago, DC, LA, and San Francisco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miley Cyrus View Post
You can take Minneapolis off that list. Just a few years ago people were calling it "Murderapolis". It's far from worst but definitely not top ten either.
Murderapolis? Come on now, the Twin Cities are so vanilla they're practically Canadian.

Old 04-02-2009, 02:12 PM

505 posts, read 1,385,648 times
I don't think that Boston should be on the list for the least "ghetto" cities. There are plenty of places you do not want to find yourself.

Old 04-02-2009, 02:21 PM

1,126 posts, read 4,561,398 times
yeah boston's got its rough areas...blue hill ave anyone?

Old 04-02-2009, 02:26 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacobeclark View Post
. My first question is, where's San Francisco? The worse thing they have going for them is lots and lots of homeless people
You obviously have never seen the southeast section of the city in neighborhoods like Hunters Point and Bayview. Also the Tenderloin is pretty gross.

Quote:
Murderapolis? Come on now, the Twin Cities are so vanilla they're practically Canadian
Minneapolis has a surprisingly high crime rate, it's murder rate is higher than Los Angeles.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Minnea...Minnesota.html

Old 04-02-2009, 11:10 PM

205 posts, read 720,312 times
Least ghetto and Most highclass cities are two different things, but from your list, I would say:

Seattle
San Diego
Boston

Then I would add Bellevue and Minn

Old 04-03-2009, 12:09 AM

1,694 posts, read 5,679,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacobeclark View Post
I agree with this list for the most part, although Honolulu has a really bad meth problem, San Diego has issues with illegal immigration and gangs, and Boston definitely has some rough areas. My first question is, where's San Francisco? The worse thing they have going for them is lots and lots of homeless people, but then again, so does Denver, Portland, and Austin. SLC is definitely the least "ghetto" city in America, but I would never set foot in the state of Utah.

However, I do disagree with your inference that the least "ghetto" cities are therefore the most "high class" cities. IMHO the only cities on your list that I would consider to be "high class" are Seattle, Minneapolis, and Boston. When I think "high class," I usually think of cities like NYC, Chicago, DC, LA, and San Francisco.

Murderapolis? Come on now, the Twin Cities are so vanilla they're practically Canadian.
Lol,what?
Not trying to make SF seem "ghetto"(which it is in some parts) but you certainly don't want to lose yourself in Hunters Point or parts of Fillmore or The Mission and plenty of other neighborhoods.
I could tell you some stories about growing up in HP but I'm not trying to put too much negativity onto SF.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City