Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2010, 06:44 PM

10,138 posts, read 15,939,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Car View Post
Ya but height restrictions and natural disasters doesn't make their skyline good, we can still say its bad, we can especially say it when it is indeed bad. Every time someone is saying a city's terrible skyline is bad, someone comes and says "OH YOU CANT SAY ITS BAD THEY HAVE HEIGHT RESTRICTIONS" WE GET THERE ARE HEIGHT RESTRICTIONS BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN WE CAN'T SAY PHOENIX'S TEENY TINY PATHETIC SKYLINE IS BAD.

I'm ONLY saying the skyline is bad, NOT the city of Phoenix. I would LOVE to live in Phoenix, AND I DO UNDERSTAND THEY HAVE HEIGHT RESTRICTIONS, AND BECAUSE THEY HAVE HEIGHT RESTRICTIONS, THE SKYLINE IS VERY PATHETIC
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeSoHood View Post

honolulu has height restrictions, yet has an amazing skyline. And I think you are dwelling far too much on the cities of Tuscon and Phoenix as a whole, this is worst SKYLINE, not city.
Lol, the things I bolded in red, I'll start by explaining myself there first.
I really didn't know that Phoenix had height restrictions, I was actually talking about San Jose due to Earth Quakes, but it's neighbor San Fran has a great skyline. So I agree with you somewhat. I just think you misinterpreted me, it's my fault though, I should've been more clear. I wasn't talking about Phoenix at all.
Another thing, I never claimed that people are saying that Phoenix (the city) is bad, I just claimed that people haven't taken a closer look at it's skyline with the Arizona styled mountains. I have never not even once seen anyone upload pictures of Phoenix's skyline with mountains in the background. Mostly, people just put the pictures of it's skyline on the thread.
That's all I was saying.

To be honest, I really feel the opposite, I feel I'm not dwelling into Phoenix and Tucson enough, I always took for granted their natural beauty + their skyline. Just like everyone else here, I used to compare only their skyline, but if people can put together natural + man made skylines for cities like Seattle, LA, San Francisco, and Portland. Then they can for Phoenix and Tucson too.
I guess that's all I was trying to say here. Lol, my bad about not being clear.

Old 04-15-2010, 06:45 PM

10,138 posts, read 15,939,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrn198 View Post
Better picture of DT Phoenix
HECK YEAH!! Now that's what I'm talking about man! Thanks Bgrn!

Old 04-15-2010, 06:46 PM

1,694 posts, read 3,605,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
Roslyn, VA or Crystal City, VA or even Silver Spring, MD can arguably be considered DC's "La Defense" Tyson's Corner/McLean, VA is farther out.

As for this thread, I'm still sticking to my guns about Phoenix's skyline, which I find to be underwhelming and unimpressive for such a large city. All the Phoenix homers can whine about this all day for all I care, but I'm entitled to my opinion.

Yes, I understand about the sprawling, low lying nature of the city, but Dallas and Houston have nice skylines and they're about as sprawling as Phoenix, if not more. Yes, I am aware of the height restrictions due to Sky Harbor Airport, but just as other posters pointed out, Honolulu's skyline is pretty impressive in spite of its height limit. I'll also throw in San Diego, another city that has a decent skyline considering its height limit.

Actually according to Wikipedia this is downtown Honolulu

Photo removed by Moderator due to size and download times - please read photo posting guidelines here: http://www.city-data.com/forum/city-...e-posting.html

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 04-15-2010 at 10:56 PM..

Old 04-15-2010, 06:49 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,732,683 times
Real Picture of Honolulu

http://www.tmonews.com/wp-content/up...rt-address.jpg

Old 04-15-2010, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
HECK YEAH!! Now that's what I'm talking about man! Thanks Bgrn!
Yeah that picture includes Uptown Phoenix cause you have Downtown then Uptown is just up Central Ave. from DT

Old 04-15-2010, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post

Yeah but i'm not shure if Waikiki is considered part of DT is it? maby it is.

Old 04-15-2010, 06:54 PM

8,521 posts, read 10,036,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
Technically, that's a picture of Waikiki (hotels) instead of downtown Honolulu, even though they practically run into each other.

Old 04-15-2010, 06:58 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,732,683 times
Downtown Honolulu

http://z.about.com/d/gaytravel/1/0/l...te_Park_14.JPG

Old 04-15-2010, 10:24 PM

Location: Moved to Gladstone, MO in June 2022 and back to Minnesota in September 2022
2,072 posts, read 5,037,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Well, I never did mention you, did I? In fact, I was responding to a post by Grindin...
Im sorry

Old 04-15-2010, 10:25 PM

4 posts, read 7,485 times
Houston
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City