U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 01:20 PM

7,732 posts, read 7,441,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude91 View Post
Brown line has great views of the skyline, especially when it snakes through old town near the Sedwick Stop.

The Brown Line will not get you to Wicker Park, your best bet is the Blue Line to Damen. The North Ave bus will also get you there.
Thanks, prelude91! It sounds like part of the advice was on target at least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 01:39 PM

6,345 posts, read 7,808,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Of course it doesn't compare to Chicago. But I believe your first post on this thread was in response to a poster remarking on how clean the trains were. Your clear implication was that it was because no one rides them. So let's not be disingenuous; everyone here can read.
I know I said that, but I said it was a joke in my very next post.

Old 04-03-2009, 03:52 PM

12,889 posts, read 19,668,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
I know I said that, but I said it was a joke in my very next post.
ha ha ha

Old 04-03-2009, 04:15 PM

218 posts, read 247,052 times
Quote:
As does the Kensington station on the East line and H E Holmes on the West Line. This thread is yet another example of the folks from 'up there' going negative on a subject about which they have no clue.
When I read that MARTA didn't cross the Perimeter, all I could do was laugh. These non-resident experts will make you think you're crazy.

Old 04-03-2009, 04:38 PM

6,345 posts, read 7,808,743 times
Quote:
ha ha ha
Aren't I the funniest?

I understand why you were annoyed by my initial post, I really didn't mean anything by it.

And as I mentioned, as I looked at more statistics, I was more impressed with Atlanta's ridership per mile, that's gotta count for something, right!?

Old 04-03-2009, 05:26 PM

833 posts, read 1,797,454 times
I have been on both CTA and MARTA and do not see CTA as being any dirtier than MARTA. They both have their dirty and clean stations and trains. I do have to give points to Chicago on coverage though. When you add the number of rail lines as well as commuter rail to the suburbs they really have an impressive system. (Now if only metro Atlanta and Georgia politicians could make some more headway in that area).

Old 04-03-2009, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
Aren't I the funniest?

I understand why you were annoyed by my initial post, I really didn't mean anything by it.

And as I mentioned, as I looked at more statistics, I was more impressed with Atlanta's ridership per mile, that's gotta count for something, right!?
Yes, that's gotta count for somethin'.

Old 04-03-2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudewiththeplan View Post
I have been on both CTA and MARTA and do not see CTA as being any dirtier than MARTA. They both have their dirty and clean stations and trains. I do have to give points to Chicago on coverage though. When you add the number of rail lines as well as commuter rail to the suburbs they really have an impressive system. (Now if only metro Atlanta and Georgia politicians could make some more headway in that area).
Amen and Hallelujah to that statement.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:30 PM

1,087 posts, read 1,210,955 times
All I have to say is that I give mad props to both MARTA and CTA, because they are actually connected to their airports. Not to many other systems in the US can say that. I was a business traveler for a long time, so this is a big thing for me

Old 04-03-2009, 11:41 PM

1,624 posts, read 2,030,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Old School Chi trains> that new crap found in other cities
That's the spirit. Who cares if it is crappier, noisier or dirtier. Chi-town system is old school! Yay!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City