Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which state would you live in or which is better?
California 102 64.56%
Colorado 56 35.44%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 08:51 PM

1,308 posts, read 4,116,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by californialove24 View Post
^^ The Fact that a lot of people are moving out of CA to places with cheaper Cost of living CA still gains more pop Than it loses.Good for pueblo metro one day they might hit 12 million metro wise.
Not only cheaper... When Californians move out of CA, they move to a place that has close attributes to CA. Hence, CO is a popular spot. CO is sunny, not as cold as the other options, has diverse terrain, out doors oriented, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 08:53 PM

1,423 posts, read 4,669,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdy1985 View Post
Not only cheaper... When Californians move out of CA, they move to a place that has close attributes to CA. Hence, CO is a popular spot. CO is sunny, not as cold as the other options, has diverse terrain, out doors oriented, etc.
True Dat!!

Old 04-06-2009, 08:56 PM

12,259 posts, read 24,350,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden-mind-State View Post
So you say you don't want CO to grow and CA is too big but then you are happy CO is Growing and that CA is losing population because of it? LOL
fine by me.
I want Colorado to grow a few million at most 5 million not the 30 million it would take to have our state the same size as yours.

A few million we can handle, 20 to 30 million we could not and would NOT want too.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:33 PM

210 posts, read 842,853 times
I wouldn't say skiing is that much better in Colorado than Cali. I don't know tho never had the pleasure of skiing CO.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:37 PM

12,259 posts, read 24,350,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_810 View Post
I wouldn't say skiing is that much better in Colorado than Cali. I don't know tho never had the pleasure of skiing CO.
I have skied in both states and I can honstly say its better in Colorado.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:43 PM

1,423 posts, read 4,669,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I have skied in both states and I can honstly say its better in Colorado.
It's a Opinion not a Fact.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:48 PM

1,308 posts, read 4,116,607 times
Gimme a picture of Big Sur, and this poll will be put away.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:51 PM

18,957 posts, read 32,406,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
The only thing we don't have is a coast line that is why I said almost, everything else we do have. Lakes, deserts, plains, mountains, grass land, sand dunes, etc all within a few hour drive.

The lack of a coastline is why we have better skiing as that makes the air more dry and the reason Colorado gets the Champaign powder we are famous for. Personally, I would rather have that over a coast line any day.
Climate also makes a BIG difference in how diverse terrains and certain areas are and CA has a lot of different types of climates in the state. There is a much bigger variety in what type of vegetation grows in the different parts of the state. BUT that of course has to do with CA's large size and the fact that it takes up most of the west coast.

Yeah the snow here can be kind of wet, we call it "Sierra Cement" so CO definitely beats CA for powder conditions.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:55 PM

9,095 posts, read 13,104,976 times
Default California

Quote:
Originally Posted by californialove24 View Post
It's a Opinion not a Fact.
Actually Love24, it may be an opinion but her opinion is a good one. Colorado is know nationally and even internationally for its skiing. On the whole however, I would say California beats any one state (including my own) in most other categories. Btw both California and Colorado are great states imho.

Old 04-06-2009, 10:02 PM

36,881 posts, read 38,781,820 times
I have a friend who taught snowboarding in Tahoe, and has gone skiing and snowboarding throughout the western states. Colorado is really good according to him, but it's not exactly heads and shoulders above other places (including the various locations in Cali).

Also, California differently has a much larger diversity within its area (yes, even if you want to limit it to a 150 mile corridor) than Colorado does in terms of people, population density, urban geography, biogeography, topography and climate among other things. Its north-south axis, long coastline, tall coastal and interior ranges, and large basins all combine to make a varied natural landscape which in turn shaped a varied human landscape. If you want to grab a 150 mile stretch of the state, you can take the densest portions of LA and from that dense land you can get the college-town feel from Claremont (inland) or Santa Barbara (along the coast), reach out into the Pacific for some nautical exploration before hitting upon the Catalina islands, go east and hit the san gabriel or san bernadino mountains that are heavily forested with small alpine villages and ski slopes as you go further up, pass through the mountains and find yourself in the arid landscape of the mojave dotted by the occasional settlement that seems to have no reason for being there whatsoever.

Colorado is a fine state and all, but try treating Colorado fairly by competing on terms that don't require a bunch of qualifications and exaggerations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City