Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2009, 09:22 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,392,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowInWI View Post
Milwaukee proper, and Indianapolis proper are both bigger than Boston proper.
Actually Boston "proper" is more populated than Milwaukee proper. Indy is bigger, but does it in an area big enough for Chicago, Boston, Paris and San Francisco to fit in.

We already discussed earlier in this thread how absurd it is to limit a city like Boston to its city proper borders (48 sq miles--Milwaukee is 96 sq miles and Indy is 365 sq miles). By your logic, cities like San Antonio and Phoenix dwarf Boston and San Francisco.

Here's Indy:

Milwaukee:

And here's little ol' Boston:

Old 04-13-2009, 09:23 PM

464 posts, read 1,075,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dementor View Post
And you just made a personal attack...
It's about time you got a taste of your own medicine. YOU HICK

Old 04-13-2009, 09:25 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,872,744 times
Quote:
Well, would you deny that both Columbia and Harvard can claim Obama as their alumni?
Strangely he ignored the great Mdiwestern schols in his education... Wonder why... not really

Uf Of C Nobel claims are another story and another cheap fun that can be had at expense of Chicago.
Dude, save yourself some embarassment and stop replying in this thread. Trust me, your train has derailed.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:28 PM

633 posts, read 1,435,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
Actually Boston "proper" is more populated than Milwaukee proper. Indy is bigger, but does it in an area big enough for Chicago, Boston, Paris and San Francisco to fit in.

We already discussed earlier in this thread how absurd it is to limit a city like Boston to its city proper borders (48 sq miles--Milwaukee is 96 sq miles and Indy is 365 sq miles). By your logic, cities like San Antonio and Phoenix dwarf Boston and San Francisco.

Here's Indy:

Milwaukee:

And here's little ol' Boston:
That's a really good point. Boston has an identical population in half as much land area. Milwaukee is such a cool city, though. Have you ever been? It is just like a little miniature Chicago. In many ways it is the Philadelphia of the Midwest, the way Philly is a miniature NYC.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:29 PM

1,047 posts, read 1,546,447 times
Quote:
Well, would you deny that both Columbia and Harvard can claim Obama as their alumni?
Strangely he ignored the great Mdiwestern schols in his education... Wonder why... not really

Uf Of C Nobel claims are another story and another cheap fun that can be had at expense of Chicago.
Harvard is the top law school in the country. But UofC isn't that far behind...believe me if you graduate top 10% from UofC law you're in at whichever firm you want. However, you can't make as many connections with the old-money behind-the-scenes political movers & shakers at UofC.

Still, he ended up teaching at UofC for 12 years.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:29 PM

464 posts, read 1,075,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerflipper View Post
Dude, save yourself some embarassment and stop replying in this thread. Trust me, your train has derailed.
This is the response he gets from everyone.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:46 PM

Hey everyone, you might be interested in my newest thread. Check it out, it has a lot to do with what we're talking about here. You will like it. http://www.city-data.com/forum/chica...oast-city.html

Old 04-13-2009, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown2pa View Post
That's a really good point. Boston has an identical population in half as much land area. Milwaukee is such a cool city, though. Have you ever been? It is just like a little miniature Chicago. In many ways it is the Philadelphia of the Midwest, the way Philly is a miniature NYC.
What many people don't realize is that since Boston is so old, the town borders around here are tiny. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, if Boston included Watertown, Cambridge, Brookline, and Somerville, the city would still only be 70 sq. miles and have a population of about 872,000. If we added Everett, Chelsea, Revere, Malden, Winthrop, and Arlington to that the land area would still only be 93.8 sq. miles. That would also expand the population to over 1,120,000.

I haven't ever been to Milwaukee, however I've heard it's very nice. I asbolutely love Chicago though, and I don't buy into the "It's Midwestern and therefore very bland, etc, etc.". I've visited the city twice and had a blast both times...I didn't even get to go out to Wrigleyville, which I hear is amazing.

Old 04-13-2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
What many people don't realize is that since Boston is so old, the town borders around here are tiny. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, if Boston included Watertown, Cambridge, Brookline, and Somerville, the city would still only be 70 sq. miles and have a population of about 872,000. If we added Everett, Chelsea, Revere, Malden, Winthrop, and Arlington to that the land area would still only be 93.8 sq. miles. That would also expand the population to over 1,120,000.

I haven't ever been to Milwaukee, however I've heard it's very nice. I asbolutely love Chicago though, and I don't buy into the "It's Midwestern and therefore very bland, etc, etc.". I've visited the city twice and had a blast both times...I didn't even get to go out to Wrigleyville, which I hear is amazing.
Well let me know the next time you're in town. We'll hit up Sluggers, one of the best Cubs bars with dueling pianos you can ever hope to experience.

Old 04-13-2009, 10:04 PM

Sounds like a plan!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City