Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which region do you prefer?
South 122 48.41%
North 130 51.59%
Voters: 252. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 05:32 PM

1,303 posts, read 2,094,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
I am old enough to know that the south does not have good schools like in the north. I am old enough to know that people in the south are open to the real world. I am old enough to know that in the south people are so old fashioned.. should I continue..?

blah blah blah blah blah blah
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2009, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
noone can find a good job. look at the economy

Thats a lie Look at TX that state was barely effected by the economy. I have a friend who just moved to dallas and got a job at google time he got there. You talk so bad about the South but its the South thats keeping you stable

Old 04-12-2009, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
We are the most diversed city in the whole america. You are stuck with the same kind of people. We are fortunate to have diversity, because we get to know about every culture. Not like you. That you live in the country side and to not have that luxury. They even have in answers.yahoo.com why is NYC so great. What's so great about New York City? - Yahoo! Answers You might want to check it out. You might learn something.

Boy please i grew up in one of the most diverse places MIAMI which is in the South, Houston is also know as one of the most diverse areas in the South. LUXury HA ha you need to learn something about the South get out of NYC for a change and experience the rest of the world everything does not evolve around NYC. the same Luxurys i can have right in the South.

Old 04-12-2009, 05:43 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,939,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaATL View Post
And maybe if NY would stop trying to hustle and bustle to survive to stay to stay in a 1200 Hut. If they knew any better they would move down south

Don't you realize some people would rather live in a 300 square foot apartment, and be in the middle of Manhattan, than own a 2000 square foot house in the south? If you lived in NYC, you would know what I mean.

Old 04-12-2009, 05:45 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,491,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Don't you realize some people would rather live in a 300 square foot apartment, and be in the middle of Manhattan, than own a 2000 square foot house in the south? If you lived in NYC, you would know what I mean.
exactly

also, you can live in the suburbs of nyc for around the same price of downtown atlanta

i would rather be 30 minutes from nyc over living in atlanta

Old 04-12-2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Boy please i grew up in one of the most diverse places MIAMI which is in the South, Houston is also know as one of the most diverse areas in the South. LUXury HA ha you need to learn something about the South get out of NYC for a change and experience the rest of the world everything does not evolve around NYC. the same Luxurys i can have right in the South.

The way you write says a lot about the Miami schools then. I've never seen a grown adult write this way.

Old 04-12-2009, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
By what you said, I can tell you've never lived in the city. There are no huts, lol.
I have lived in the city i stayed in NYC before those apartments man you pay 800 or 900 dollars and cant get a dishwasher or washer and dryer connection. then the apartments are like the size of a shoe box with 20,000 people in one building.

Old 04-12-2009, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
lol yet another person from the south claiming they've lived in NYC. The way he describes it is obvious he's never lived here. I've NEVER seen a rat in Queens. Never saw a rat on the streets of Manhattan either. Only place I've seen rats are in the tunnels and in the south Bronx.

Well i have live in NYC I stayed for 6 months. I dont have nothing to prove to you just because you have never seen them doesnt mean that there not there.

Old 04-12-2009, 05:50 PM

Quote:
I have lived in the city i stayed in NYC before those apartments man you pay 800 or 900 dollars and cant get a dishwasher or washer and dryer connection. then the apartments are like the size of a shoe box with 20,000 people in one building.

There are 5 people living in my 3 family building lol. Try again. Not all of us live in an area of Manhattan where there are high-rise condos.

Old 04-12-2009, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Well i have live in NYC I stayed for 6 months. I dont have nothing to prove to you just because you have never seen them doesnt mean that there not there.

It's funny you only lived here for 6 months and I've lived here for 5 years of my life and have never seen a rat in any area I've lived in. Sounds fishy to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City