Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which region do you prefer?
South 122 48.41%
North 130 51.59%
Voters: 252. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 08:26 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,780,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
I'd rather have all the parades through NYC, along with the street fairs, festivals etc, than just 1 cool event a year lol. I mean, what other city has a parade like the Mermaid parade in Coney Island?
Mardi Gras is only one event of many held in New Orleans throughout the year. I'm not sure how things are faring post-Katrina, but pre-Katrina, there didn't even need to be anything special going on for, say, Bourbon Street to be jumping.

Even so, the point was that things just an interesting as pole dancing and what have you can and do happen in the South, which you said you doubt that it ever does. I should have known you would have tried to extrapolate the point into something else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2009, 08:26 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,470,451 times
^ And I agree with what you are saying. I gave you a link on this topic that has already been discussed. So what are you arguing about?

Old 04-12-2009, 08:27 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,836,741 times
Well, you live in Charlotte, so I'm sure you've seen FAR more interesting things in that city than NYC, lol. I don't think you're in other parts of the south 90% of the time.

Old 04-12-2009, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie28 View Post
This is starting to get funny..how is it possible that you miss every point people make? You stated that things like some girl pole dancing in the subway do not exist in the South, and that people in the South would call the cops if they saw something like that. Which I replied, you obviously have never heard of Mardi Gras. The things that go on there are insane, and a lot more entertaining than your ridiculous video.

I was not comparing festivals between any cities. But, you know..the ENTIRE south only has one cool event a year.

Let's try to keep up dear!

You're comparing ONE night to a place that has about 100 pretty interesting, entertaining subway performances a day.

Old 04-12-2009, 08:31 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,780,561 times
Quote:
Well, you live in Charlotte, so I'm sure you've seen FAR more interesting things in that city than NYC, lol. I don't think you're in other parts of the south 90% of the time.
You're getting ridiculous now. I don't have to be in other parts of the South 90% of the time to witness something just as or more interesting than pole dancing on a subway, ROFL!!! Oh yeah, that's right, I forgot that you've issued an edict to make sure that all things interesting cease and desist in other parts of the South when I visit.

Old 04-12-2009, 08:31 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,037,981 times
Quote:
You're comparing ONE night to a place that has about 100 pretty interesting, entertaining subway performances a day.
Mardi Gras is longer than one night......

Old 04-12-2009, 08:34 PM

269 posts, read 466,690 times
Quote:
No, I am not. I was proving your statement that these kinds of things do not happen in the south WRONG. I was using that as ONE example. Dense.

Old 04-12-2009, 08:36 PM

269 posts, read 466,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
You're getting ridiculous now. I don't have to be in other parts of the South 90% of the time to witness something just as or more interesting than pole dancing on a subway, ROFL!!! Oh yeah, that's right, I forgot that you've issued an edict to make sure that all things interesting cease and desist in other parts of the South when I visit.
Ha! Yes, according to Rachael there is no interesting activity here. I must go out and find a pole dancing girl on public transportation in Houston. What have I been missing???

Old 04-12-2009, 08:37 PM

You people from the south crack me up. Your insults have nothing on us. Good thing nearly all the people I've met from the south aren't like you guys.

Old 04-12-2009, 08:37 PM

12,385 posts, read 28,380,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Mardi Gras is longer than one night......
technically it is one night...The Tuesday before Ash Wednesday...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City