Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which region do you prefer?
South 122 48.41%
North 130 51.59%
Voters: 252. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 03:29 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,923,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
This is some basic facts

* The stock market had its worst January in 113 years.
* This was followed by the worst February for the stock market since 1933.
* Don't forget the record unemployment rate.
* Obama's budget more than doubles the national debt held by the public and adds more to the debt than all previous presidents. That includes George Washington to George W. Bush combined

Another Record!... Obama's Market Decline Worst For New Prez in 90 Years » Propeller (http://www.propeller.com/story/2009/03/06/another-record-obama39s-market-decline-worst-for-new-prez-in-90-years/ - broken link)
Ok. January, when he took office. You cant fix 8 years of problems in ONE year, let alone one month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2009, 03:30 PM

269 posts, read 468,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Bush is the reason why it's this low. Obama is feeling the effects. The economy has been getting worse and worse over the last 2 years. I knew Obama was going to be blamed as soon as he became President. It's like some people think that the economy is going to get instantly better with a new President. Even if McCain had been President, we'd most likely be going through the same right now, maybe even worse with no stimulus bill. I know I'd most likely not have a job, since NYC education wouldn't have gotten the money to save 15,000 teaching jobs.

Hey, I actually agree with someone from Texas for once??? lol
I actually agree with you as well. This started long before Obama took office, and at least he is spending money on important things (like education), rather than a pointless war (which has cost over $650 billion).

Don't you have an MBA NYC1DAY?

Old 04-13-2009, 03:31 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,759,681 times
Because of the economy the 52 story Elm Place tower in Dallas is in foreclosure.Built in 1965 as the First National Bank tower, the 1.3 million-square-foot black glass and white marble building was once the tallest skyscraper west of the Mississippi River 1965 to 1971.

Today (can you see it)

elm place is the building with the white stripes

Old 04-13-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
just because i dont like obama does not mean that i voted for mccain

imo, both of them are stupid. it is just that mccain is a little smarter than obama
Actually Obama may be just as smart as McCain, if not smarter. Now Sarah Palin on the other hand is, well, uhm, is attractive.

Old 04-13-2009, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
Because of the economy the 52 story Elm Place tower in Dallas is in foreclosure.Built in 1965 as the First National Bank tower, the 1.3 million-square-foot black glass and white marble building was once the tallest skyscraper west of the Mississippi River 1965 to 1971.

Today (can you see it)

elm place is the building with the white stripes
And I thought Bush cared about us Texans.

Old 04-13-2009, 03:35 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,489,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
I agree with you on everything else, just not this topic. No big deal though
overall, basically the reason why i dont like democrats is because they want to tax the middle class large amounts.

You and your fiancee are both teachers, which is a middle class salary. Both of you worked for what you have. Both of you went to school and are trying to contribute to your communities and society by giving back and being teachers.

i dont think that someone who is middle class and who has worked for what they have in life should have be taxed more money to give to a person in the ghetto that can not spell their name.

It is sort of like this country is getting to this point..... why try to be successful because everything that i make is just going to be given to a poor person. I am a person that believes what i make should be mine. And what another person makes should be theirs

EX) My father is retired, but picked up a part time job. He made 12,000 dollars last year at the part time job and out of that he was left with 7,000. 5,000 went to taxes. Why? Because the government says that he makes too much money.

I was just using that as a example.

no, it is not a big deal at all. we would get along just fine if we met in person

i have my views on politics and i realize that everyone else does too.

the problem happens with me is that everyone tries to put their opinions off onto others in person and that is when things with me get heated.

Do you remember the "where do you go to church question" asked at random. The same goes here with politics

Old 04-13-2009, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Actually Obama may be just as smart as McCain, if not smarter. Now Sarah Palin on the other hand is, well, uhm, is attractive.
the sarah palin comment was really funny.

are you really attracted to her or are you joking?

it is hard to tell sarcasm on the internet

Old 04-13-2009, 03:47 PM

Quote:
the sarah palin comment was really funny.

are you really attracted to her or are you joking?

it is hard to tell sarcasm on the internet
No. She really is kinda attractive. Kinda like a cougar or a MILF. An attractive older woman.

Old 04-13-2009, 03:50 PM

Hey NYC1DAY. This is kinda random, but where are you from origanally?

Old 04-13-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
No. She really is kinda attractive. Kinda like a cougar or a MILF. An attractive older woman.
search this girls name in google

Bethenny Frankel

she is on the real housewives of nyc.... she is like 40 and i would be all over that

a-rod is dating her
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City