U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2015, 04:42 PM

6,611 posts, read 6,891,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMBX View Post
Los Angeles
San Diego
New Orleans
Miami

rest is equally crap imo
Wow. Complete ignorance. There is much you don't know about this region.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2015, 04:48 PM

18,592 posts, read 26,949,282 times
How is all of North Carolina not in that color? As well as most of Tennessee. Heck, I would even say Virginia is as well, at least NOVA. I mean the Bay Area is sunbelt but not Raleigh?

Old 06-27-2015, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
How is all of North Carolina not in that color? As well as most of Tennessee. Heck, I would even say Virginia is as well, at least NOVA. I mean the Bay Area is sunbelt but not Raleigh?
I would think so too...I don't think that map is necessarily accurate. Most people would consider Charlotte, Raleigh, and Nashville sunbelt cities.

Old 06-27-2015, 10:27 PM

2,069 posts, read 2,186,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
While I agree that North Carolina and parts of Virginia could be Sunbelt, it does make sense for the Bay Area to be under that designation; it has the sunny, mild year-round climate, warmer in winter than Raleigh (and much of the South for that matter).

Last edited by Yn0hTnA; 06-27-2015 at 10:48 PM..

Old 06-27-2015, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yn0hTnA View Post
While I agree that North Carolina and parts of Virginia could be Sunbelt, it does make sense for the Bay Area to be under that designation; it has the sunny, mild year-round climate, warmer in winter than Raleigh (and much of the South for that matter).
I think more of the designation is based on booming growth and development rather than similar climate. Other areas of the sunbelt are nothing at all like the Bay Area.

Old 06-28-2015, 06:49 AM

10,411 posts, read 12,350,422 times
1.San Francisco
2.Los Angeles
3.San Diego
4.Miami

5-10 (not in order):
Las Vegas
Dallas
Austin
Houston
Atlanta
Orlando

Old 06-28-2015, 08:25 AM

2,825 posts, read 3,242,340 times
Raleigh is definitely Sunbelt. Richmond is more gritty and dense at the core like many cities further north, but the Richmond suburbs aren't any different from the Raleigh suburbs. Even NOVA fits the Sunbelt description, at least areas further out like Fairfax or Manassas. But if you're going to include Atlanta in the Sunbelt, it makes sense to include Charlotte and Raleigh.

Old 06-28-2015, 11:50 AM

365 posts, read 394,061 times
In No Particular order:

Houston
Dallas/Fort Worth
Austin
Atlanta
Los Angeles
San Diego
San Francisco (if you consider that Sun Belt)
New Orleans
Miami
San Antonio

And I guess Charlotte (and Raleigh) are deserving of an honorable mention.

And Phoenix didn't get mentioned because I don't consider it a city, just a scattering of cheap suburbs on the Sonoran Desert floor. Having lived there, I feel qualified to make that judgment.

Old 06-28-2015, 03:19 PM

13 posts, read 11,260 times
LA, Phoenix, and Las Vegas followed by Abq. Texas would be on the lower end. Can not say much for the others because I have not been , but Miami looks very appealing.

Old 06-28-2015, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK115 View Post
In No Particular order:

Houston
Dallas/Fort Worth
Austin
Atlanta
Los Angeles
San Diego
San Francisco (if you consider that Sun Belt)
New Orleans
Miami
San Antonio

And I guess Charlotte (and Raleigh) are deserving of an honorable mention.

And Phoenix didn't get mentioned because I don't consider it a city, just a scattering of cheap suburbs on the Sonoran Desert floor. Having lived there, I feel qualified to make that judgment.
Why do people insist on judging certain cities as not "real"? It's ridiculous...of course Phoenix is a real city. If it's not the kind of city you like then that's fine, but to say it isn't real is out of line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City