Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2009, 07:53 PM

1,084 posts, read 3,867,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
How do you figure they are national?

The may be a violent presence down in Little Haiti but I have not heard anything at all about them anywhere else.

ive seen them in the Bahamas, all through out fl, in new Orleans, and some other southern cities. if you dont want to classify as national, then classify them as multiple city gang.

Old 08-28-2009, 03:38 PM

767 posts, read 2,065,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
I'd say in terms of crime and poverty for FULL states, CA, FL, TX, and MI, take the cake EASILY. For cities, NO, CAMDEN, Belle Glade FL, Pahokee FL, Parts of Chicago, Detroit, Southeast DC, ALOT of cities in Southern NM, ALOT of cities in Southern AZ, Parts of rural CA, ALOT of areas of South TX. Basically ALL border towns and border states. Oh yeah, and ALOT of areas of the RURAL South.

So what's left that's NOT on this list of hellholes?? Duluth , Minnesota? Ooops sorry, that's in a border state too.

Old 08-28-2009, 04:18 PM

2,957 posts, read 6,471,435 times
Richmond, CA.

Old 08-28-2009, 08:13 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,088,722 times
Three way tie:
Gary, Indiana, Detroit, MI, and East Saint Louis, IL

All three are ****holes.

Old 08-28-2009, 08:24 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,923,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
It's the same like that in Houston. We had one dude from NYC come here trying to act hard and talk down on Texas, he got straight clowned and beat. Dropped out of school and never saw him again. That whole "Southern women love New Yorkers" is BS. Southern women hate that whole tough im better than you act and will hurt your feelings quick if you approach them with that stuff.

Another dude from Philly started selling drugs around campus (Texas Southern) and decided to expand out the campus and ended up getting beat and robbed. They told him that if they ever saw him around Houston again, he was dead.

Trust me, when fools from the NE come around here; They are literally shocked and amazed by how easy and cheap drugs are to get around here. The smell of weed is very strong in lots of parts in Houston; hell you can find bags of weed all over the place. People think drugs and crack is bad in the NE; It is insane in the south.
Heck yeah. I've seen it many times myself of "tough" talkin New Yorkers coming down here and trying to regulate things. It NEVER works, they just end up getting the crap beat out of them OR dead. Just be yourself. Why must they feel the need to downplay everyone else, and ACT tough. Just putting on a front. We see right through them. No one is scared of New York OR New Yorkers. That whole 1980's, murder capital, crack cocaine, crime, hysteria associted with NYC, is no longer effective anymore. The ONLY people scared of New Yorkers ARE New Yorkers. I've seen this in when I lived in FL, I've seen it when I lived in TX, and I see it NOW more then EVER, now that I live in NC. There "horror" stories scare no one. Crime and poverty happens EVERYWHERE.

Old 08-28-2009, 08:25 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,923,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Illinois 1 View Post
So what's left that's NOT on this list of hellholes?? Duluth , Minnesota? Ooops sorry, that's in a border state too.
May Canada be that border perhaps?

Old 08-31-2009, 11:31 PM

17 posts, read 40,199 times
I would say Detroit is pretty awful.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:22 AM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,233,250 times
Worst that I've seen would be, in descending order:

-Parts of North Philadelphia (easily wins out on the amount of decay and abandoned buildings)
-parts of West Oakland
-parts of Hunters Point, San Francisco (especially the projects and old abandoned industrial/navy crap)
-Sunnydale Projects, San Francisco
-parts of East Oakland
-Some sketchy neighborhood in Vallejo, though I'm not sure which one it was
-parts of North Oakland
-Potrero Hill Projects, San Francisco
-The area around the Army Street Projects in the Mission in SF
-Fillmore Projects, San Francisco (uptown specifically, for anyone who knows what I'm talking about)
-Some projects in LA. The name escapes me, but my memory tells me it was across a freeway and just east of Downtown, on a hill.

Some of these areas are much nicer than they used to be, but they're ranked on when i saw them at their worst.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:54 AM

902 posts, read 2,786,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
Richmond, CA.
Yeah Richmond is a war zone right now, there were 2 more murders last night bringing the total to 36 on the year I believe. Irons Triangle and North Richmond are flat-out awful. Most dangerous place in California that is 4sure.

Old 09-01-2009, 01:03 AM

11,326 posts, read 20,321,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogetta View Post
Yeah Richmond is a war zone right now, there were 2 more murders last night bringing the total to 36 on the year I believe. Irons Triangle and North Richmond are flat-out awful. Most dangerous place in California that is 4sure.
Man that's terrible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City