Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2011, 04:02 PM

1,103 posts, read 2,260,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowincal11 View Post
Now we can tell you're not that bright.
oh, really? i'm not that bright? is that why it took you, what, 3-4 pages of my explaining for you to actually admit that i have a point and agree with me in the nyc vs la thread?

Quote:
First off, you know that the Mexican Mafia is a street gang that controls many sets of Surenos, some of whom are located in COMPTON, not the actual "Mafia" like the Italian Mafia or Russian Mafia.
the mexican mafia IS considered an organized crime group.

Quote:
Street gangs since the 1980's and early 1990's have been more powerful than any organized crime group in America.
bullcrap. street gangs have little money, they have little influence, they sell drugs in the most worthless little neighborhoods in town. organized crime syndicates hold political AND economic power that street gangs can not and will never touch.

Quote:
The Gangster Disciples of Chicago and the Latin Kings rake in hundreds of millions a year thru their illegal activities. The mafia is estimated to rake in maybe half that.
more crap. first off, what mafia? second off, source it. lastly, i'd like to know how exactly they or you come up with these estimates.

Quote:
You also may want to check numbers too. There's almost 100,000 Latin Kings in the US (30K in Chicago alone). Perhaps there are 5,000 members of Italian, Russian, and Armenian mobsters combined in the US.
perhaps?

1) you don't know 2) the numbers don't matter. there are 20 kids in a classroom and 1 teacher, but who's got the power? what matters is money, power, politics. that's what separates organized crime from street gangs. organized crime controls BUSINESSES, COUNTRIES, INDUSTRIES... while street gangs are standing on the corner earning commission FROM organized crime groups.

anybody who says street gangs are more powerful than organized crime is a fool. street gangs consist of a bunch of teenage high school dropouts, while organized crime like the russian mob consists of ex military, ex spetsnaz, ex police, politicians, ph.d's, etc and they have their hands on everything from drugs to weapons to oil to taxi cabs to diners to construction.

Last edited by CelticGermanicPride; 07-15-2011 at 04:11 PM..

Old 07-15-2011, 04:15 PM

1,800 posts, read 3,910,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGermanicPride View Post
oh, really? i'm not that bright? is that why it took you, what, 3-4 pages of my explaining for you to actually admit that i have a point and agree with me in the nyc vs la thread?

the mexican mafia IS considered an organized crime group.

bullcrap. street gangs have little money, they have little influence, they sell drugs in the most worthless little neighborhoods in town. organized crime syndicates hold political AND economic power that street gangs can not and will never touch.

more crap. first off, what mafia? second off, source it. lastly, i'd like to know how exactly they or you come up with these estimates.

perhaps?

1) you don't know 2) the numbers don't matter. there are 20 kids in a classroom and 1 teacher, but who's got the power? what matters is money, power, politics. that's what separates organized crime from street gangs. organized crime controls BUSINESSES, COUNTRIES, INDUSTRIES... while street gangs are standing on the corner earning commission FROM organized crime groups.

anybody who says street gangs are more powerful than organized crime is a fool. street gangs consist of a bunch of teenage high school dropouts, while organized crime like the russian mob consists of ex military, ex spetsnaz, ex police, politicians, ph.ds, etc and they have their hands on everything from drugs to weapons to oil to taxi cabs to diners to construction.
You may want to travel in time back to the 1970s and 1980s. Organized crime has very little influence over politics anymore. It still exists, but is a shadow of its former self here in the US.

I know this may surprise you, but the days of Al Capone, Lucky Luciano, and Albert Anatasia are long gone. In fact, the days of John Gotti and Joey Aiuppa are long gone as well.

You want to see street gang strangleholds on a neighborhood. Read up on the old Chicago housing projects, specifically Cabrini Green and the Robert Taylor Homes. Read up on the net cash raked in on drug sales. Read up on the violence that claimed the lives of thousands of people over several decades.

Back in the early 1990s, LA had over a thousand homicides a year, nearly all gang related. Nearly 3,000 additional shootings per year, nearly all gang related. Chicago wasn't so far behind.

Old 07-15-2011, 04:31 PM

Quote:
You may want to travel in time back to the 1970s and 1980s. Organized crime has very little influence over politics anymore. It still exists, but is a shadow of its former self here in the US.
they do have much more influence than a "very little" in politics in the us, especially in the areas they famously operate. they may have dimished to less than what they once were, but that goes for street gangs too. new york and los angeles and chicago and miami are nothing like they were 20 years ago in everything from organized crime to street level crime.

Quote:
I know this may surprise you, but the days of Al Capone, Lucky Luciano, and Albert Anatasia are long gone. In fact, the days of John Gotti and Joey Aiuppa are long gone as well.
yeah, thanks, einstein. i didn't know that the days of al capone and john gotti are long gone.

Quote:
You want to see street gang strangleholds on a neighborhood. Read up on the old Chicago housing projects, specifically Cabrini Green and the Robert Taylor Homes. Read up on the net cash raked in on drug sales. Read up on the violence that claimed the lives of thousands of people over several decades.
YOU'RE CLUELESS!!!!!!! THE DRUG TRADE IS CONTROLLED BY ORGANIZED CRIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Back in the early 1990s, LA had over a thousand homicides a year, nearly all gang related. Nearly 3,000 additional shootings per year, nearly all gang related. Chicago wasn't so far behind.
annnnnnnd? teenage corner boys earning fast food wages selling drugs popping each other with a mini me hand gun every day proves what? oh, that's right. that they're fighting over the money and drugs that organized crime supplies them with.

and when you can show me a crip or a blood with a phd then you will have just ONE plus in your case that street gangs are just as powerful as organized crime groups. the russian mob is a perfect example of organized crime, reaching their tentacles on everything from oil to restaurants to investments to even the nuclear black market.

Last edited by CelticGermanicPride; 07-15-2011 at 04:40 PM..

Old 07-15-2011, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rah View Post
You think Compton is soft. You're the joke. There's really nothing else anyone needs to say.
thanks for your input, you joke. and yes, compton is a joke compared to the worst sides of cleveland and baltimore.

Old 07-15-2011, 05:56 PM

54 posts, read 166,207 times
Quote:
hilarious. yeah, i'm sure THE fbi and THE cia are sooo scared of compton. ha

let's see, the fbi is constantly following, arresting, raiding gangs who are much more powerful than any high school dropout gang in compton. they mostly focus on REAL gangs with REAL money... like the russian mob, italian mafia, mexican mafia, jihadists, etc.

the cia, they're walking around afghanistan, iraq, somalia, etc in areas 5,000 times more dangerous than compton. raiding places much larger and much more hostile than a tract house full of corner boys.
Please. If you drove to Compton, *****s there will stop you, harass you, ask you we're your from, and what your doing around there. They probably wont kill you but most likely will pull your car at gun point. And we all know you wouldn't get all big man like you do here on the internet.

Old 07-15-2011, 06:08 PM

54 posts, read 166,207 times
Quote:
thanks for your input, you joke. and yes, compton is a joke compared to the worst sides of cleveland and baltimore.

Please. You can't even walk down the street in Compton without getting hit up or shot at. Let alone coming out your house.

Old 07-15-2011, 06:20 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,851,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECyde View Post
Please. If you drove to Compton, *****s there will stop you, harass you, ask you we're your from, and what your doing around there. They probably wont kill you but most likely will pull your car at gun point. And we all know you wouldn't get all big man like you do here on the internet.
This is absolutely true. I asked a girl from work on a date when I lived there, sometime around '06... she was a Chicana from Compton. She warned me I'd probably get stopped by the gang, but to tell them I was coming to see her.

I drive off the major boulevard, onto a smaller street, and slowed down a couple blocks in to see the house signs. A few cholos wearing colors, tatted to hell, come out from behind parked cars and walk in front of me. One comes up to the window and goes, "whatchoo lookin' for, guero?"

"I'm pickin' up _______."

"Okay. Yo, what you need man? I got [proceeds to list off every drug known to man in about three seconds]."

"I'm good."

"S---." *sucks teeth, says something in Spanish, steps away from car* *go on my merry way* *pick up girl*

Old 07-15-2011, 06:20 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,354,936 times
Detroit was pretty bad. So were parts of downtown St. Louis. Coming from Chicago where downtown blight is nowhere near as bad, it shocked me. I mean, in Chicago or Seattle, downtown is alive and even the "dead" areas at least have businesses or buildings that actually STAND UP. No facades to old, collapsed buildings, no old factories standing where awesome condos could exist, etc.

I considered moving to downtown St. Louis at one point but I thought that I'd probably get mugged, shot, robbed, and get all depressed from the constant blight that it wasn't worth it.

There was a town between LA and Phoenix that I stopped in that was pretty crap. Loved the border patrol making random stops of anyone brown looking.

Old 07-15-2011, 07:05 PM

1,030 posts, read 3,414,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECyde View Post
Please. You can't even walk down the street in Compton without getting hit up or shot at. Let alone coming out your house.
Really? And what numbers would back you up? Rap lyrics?

Please. Compton may be bad for the Los Angeles area, but it is not even in the top 20 in the nation for "getting hit up or shot at."

Even so, it is more a neighborhood of Los Angeles than it is a real city, as it is surrounded on all sides by the city of Los Angeles. If we were to take even a relatively bad neighborhood of any city on the east coast or mid west, Compton would pale in comparison.

If you choose to argue, please use fbi.gov to source some sort of hard crime stats. Anything otherwise is simply hearsay.

Old 07-15-2011, 07:06 PM

2,957 posts, read 6,471,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rah View Post
You think Compton is soft. You're the joke. There's really nothing else anyone needs to say.
Yeah this pretty much sums it up. Dude is beyond desperate lol. I should have just left it at that, but this clown was just begging to get checked.

Quote:
I guess the mean streets of Fairfax County, VA, with their top rated school system, high per capita income, and HQ of the CIA are pretty tough, huh?
The only thing tough about that area is being able to find anyone there who has a clue and doesn't have loads and loads to prove.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City