Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2009, 07:02 PM

223 posts, read 827,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
Oh man that's very sad

To answer you're other question I have been in rough parts of Orlando at night, it was a little run down but it wasn't scary, people were just walking around making noise.
My boy moved near Orlando FL and he worked their and his gril is from Orlando and he says it has its bad areas like alomost every city in the U.S., but its not like the projects in New York and Jersey. My boy grew up in the South Bronx and moved to Jersey, but threw most of his life he always lived in the projects. He spent about 11 months in a suburb in jersey and now for the last almost 4 years he has lived in a country area outside of Orlando. He says its boring and country. However, he is happy to be out of the projects and will probably remain in Florida.

I don't know Orlando I have not been their, but this is what my friend tells me!!!!!

Old 08-23-2009, 07:05 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,801,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugger View Post
My boy moved near Orlando FL and he worked their and his gril is from Orlando and he says it has its bad areas like alomost every city in the U.S., but its not like the projects in New York and Jersey. My boy grew up in the South Bronx and moved to Jersey, but threw most of his life he always lived in the projects. He spent about 11 months in a suburb in jersey and now for the last almost 4 years he has lived in a country area outside of Orlando. He says its boring and country. However, he is happy to be out of the projects and will probably remain in Florida.

I don't know Orlando I have not been their, but this is what my friend tells me!!!!!
Intresting.

Old 08-23-2009, 07:06 PM

6 posts, read 149,928 times
Some parts of Las Vegas feel very unsafe to me.

Old 08-23-2009, 07:11 PM

4,552 posts, read 14,975,437 times
since Camden and NYC have been mentioned like 300 times now Im gonna nominate a very small town in Southern New Mexico, its not the scariest but its for sure run down and getto.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...,0.006856&z=17

Old 08-23-2009, 07:14 PM

11,327 posts, read 20,245,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
since Camden and NYC have been mentioned like 300 times now Im gonna nominate a very small town in Southern New Mexico, its not the scariest but its for sure run down and getto.

berino,nm - Google Maps
Do people live there? It looks like Area 51.

Old 08-23-2009, 07:19 PM

4,552 posts, read 14,975,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
Do people live there? It looks like Area 51.

yeah, its mostly illegals though

Old 08-23-2009, 07:21 PM

Default Good your lucky!!!!

[quote=KJAnsia;10417443]Ford Heights/East Chicago Heights looks pretty bad, at least what's left of it. Unlike a lot of you, I haven't visited other cities less well-to-do areas, or have family/friends/aquaintances in several ghettos to which I can refer to.[/quote]

Good, you don't want family members in the ghetto! Your Lucky!!!!not a great place to visit you family in the projects on Thanksgiving!!!

Chicago is probalby the closest thing to New York City, however parts of Chicago in its worst years were probably a close second to Harlem or the South Bronx in the 1970's or 1980's in worst looking ghettos.

I seen areas of Chicago on the Southside and its horrible.
Still I don't think it looks like the Bronx or Harlem in the past although close enough!!!

Old 08-23-2009, 07:31 PM

Default Mexico or New Mexico?

[quote=desert sun;10418229]since Camden and NYC have been mentioned like 300 times now Im gonna nominate a very small town in Southern New Mexico, its not the scariest but its for sure run down and getto.
Google Maps]

I have Never been south of the border to Mexico (born in New York live in Jersey) but, it looks like pictures of a poor area in Mexico.

I thought Jersey, New York , and Philly had problems with illegals I saw on the News that out west its real bad with illegals taking jobs and comitting crimes!!

It looks like a old western ghost town vaccant like the movies about the wild west I seen when I was a child!!!!

Old 08-23-2009, 07:40 PM

3 posts, read 2,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugger View Post
So you can walk anywhere in the hood not being from the area and you think your fine.

Don't believe you!!!!!

Your not Al Capone are you? Maybe N.Y.P.D. a badge and a gun and maybe i can believe that.

You dont need to be Capone or NYPD to not be a coward. I walk all over the Bronx, Brooklyn Harlem, park my car there for days and weeks at a time, no club in it, and no one bothers me or my property.

I go to North Philly, Chi, LA Crenshaw, Miami, Irvinton NJ no problem.

Some cowardly people are just scared to death anywhere there are a lot of brown faces.

Old 08-23-2009, 07:50 PM

Default Not always in the Hood!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchittyBoot View Post
You dont need to be Capone or NYPD to not be a coward. I walk all over the Bronx, Brooklyn Harlem, park my car there for days and weeks at a time, no club in it, and no one bothers me or my property.

I go to North Philly, Chi, LA Crenshaw, Miami, Irvinton NJ no problem.

I see what your saying I' ve been all over to. But you understand the "don't start none won't be none attitude' dosen't always work in the hood. Sometimes in the projects its real, becacuse things just pop off. If the pack needs to eat and your in town you will get swallowed!!!!

Coward or no Coward!!!! walking around parking your car dosen't mean much. Its how your going to react when it gets hot and things pop off!!!
Ya Know!!!!

Everytime I had a problem handled it and I'm still breathing!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City