Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2009, 10:39 PM

223 posts, read 829,069 times

Advertisements

North Jersey area of:

Newark, Jersey City, East Orange, Irvington, Elizabeth, etc (Patterson to but it is a little more northwest) are real run-down and filled with crime. Its a large area and every part has a very high crimerate. Filled with all kinds of criminals.

Even outside of this area their still are some bad small cities not as bad but still ghetto. Linden, Rahway, Roselle, Perth Amboy, New Brunswick, Plainfield etc. Not every part of these cities are bad, but all of these small cities have projects or bad areas.

Old 08-23-2009, 10:51 PM

Did you guys know Irvington, NJ has had a higher crimerate than Camden, NJ in some years (not every year) but since its so small it dose not get counted in " Most Dangerous Cities of America". To be ranked in this horrible list your city has to have over 75,000 residents and Camden has about 79,000, Irvington only has about 57,000 to 60,000 residents so it never gets ranked or that much attention. When Camden was named " Most Dangerous City in America" Irvington had a higher overall crimerate, but beacuse of its size didn't get ranked. I don't know about both years because Camden was number 1 on the list for 2 straight years.

Pound for Pound Irvington, NJ has been the worst city in America before!!! And Camden is always Camden!!!!

Old 08-23-2009, 10:55 PM

Default Dipset got robbed

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
I see Harlem is looking ALOT nicer these days. Now all that stuff Dipset raps about is false. Oh no not malls, I'm scared.lol. Nice rederings.

I heard DipSet was shooting a video in Harlem in their own Hood, and got robbed in Harlem for a chain.

I don't know if it was Jim Jones or Santana or who ever

But I remeber hearing this.

Yeah its looking alot better in Harlem, but its still no Country Club!!!!

Old 08-23-2009, 11:36 PM

Default Have you been to the Northeast?

Quote:
I see Harlem is looking ALOT nicer these days. Now all that stuff Dipset raps about is false. Oh no not malls, I'm scared.lol. Nice rederings.

I am just curious i see your status is: FLA,TX, NC, and you want to go to Cali.

Have you ever been to the Northeast: New York, Jersey, Philly?

Your making it sound like Harlem is a walk in the park " Oh no not malls, I'm scared.lol."

Your right when you say " I see Harlem is looking ALOT nicer these days."
I agree with you on that. Harlem has taken 1000 steps forward in a good direction, and its not like the 1970's or 1980's

But don't get it twisted Harlem is still Harlem.
If someone from a small country hick town in the middle of farmland in TX or NC, and you come to Harlem for the 1st time in the present day, I'll bet you still see parts of Harlem that are going to scare you Like it or Not!!!!

Spainsh Harlem is still bad alot has improved since the past, but still ghetto!

Harlem at night time is still scary in a good number of areas!!!!!

I am more of a Queens person I now live in Jersey, and I don't know up-town Harlem and The Bronx great , but I am pretty sure Harlem is a part of Manhattan and it starts at 110th to 165 streets, This is small area of New York City compared to other parts of the City, but in this area their is plenty of drugs,gangs,and crimes happening! compared to most other parts of the country.

Just yesterday on the News there was a double homocide in Harlem.

Harlem still has Ghettos!!!!
Yeah, Its improved alot, but it still is not Bervelry Hills

Old 08-23-2009, 11:41 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,923,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugger View Post

Your making it sound like Harlem is a walk in the park " Oh no not malls, I'm scared.lol."

I agree with you on that. Harlem has taken 1000 steps forward in a good direction, and its not like the 1970's or 1980's

If someone from a small country hick town in the middle of farmland in TX or NC, and you come to Harlem for the 1st time in the present day, I'll bet you still see parts of Harlem that are going to scare you Like it or Not!!!!

Spainsh Harlem is still bad alot has improved since the past, but still ghetto!

Harlem at night time is still scary in a good number of areas!!!!!

I am more of a Queens person I now live in Jersey, and I don't know up-town Harlem and The Bronx great , but I am pretty sure Harlem is a part of Manhattan and it starts at 110th to 165 streets, This is small area of New York City compared to other parts of the City, but in this area their is plenty of drugs,gangs,and crimes happening! compared to most other parts of the country.

Just yesterday on the News there was a double homocide in Harlem.

Harlem still has Ghettos!!!!
Yeah, Its improved alot, but it still is not Bervelry Hills
Both TX and FL have higher homicide rates then NY. Trust me, the hoods in FL and TX are a million and 1 more times worse then NY.
Look at this website which has the number of murders for ALL states, from 1967-2007. Look at 06 and 07 murders for NY, TX, FL, and CA. CA FL and TX, have more murders then NY in this website: http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/flcrime.htm

Old 08-23-2009, 11:56 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,194,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugger View Post

That is the same as taking someone from a small country hick town in NY and putting them in some of the worst hoods in Texas. People underestimate TX and assume we aren't use to violent crimes and crime-ridden hoods. Well we are; all that stuff that goes down in NYC, goes down in TX.

I've seen a dead body floating in the creek behind my aunts house in Houston. I've witnessed a few drive-bys just in my small town of Waco.

Nothing that goes down in the North is a surprise to us, and you'd probably be more surprised by what goes on down here.

During the crack epidemic, TX was one of the most hardest hit states. Also us being located right along the border means our problems are much worse than NY. Gangs, drugs, kidnappings,etc

Old 08-24-2009, 12:04 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,923,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
That is the same as taking someone from a small country hick town in NY and putting them in some of the worst hoods in Texas. People underestimate TX and assume we aren't use to violent crimes and crime-ridden hoods. Well we are; all that stuff that goes down in NYC, goes down in TX.

I've seen a dead body floating in the creek behind my aunts house in Houston. I've witnessed a few drive-bys just in my small town of Waco.

Nothing that goes down in the North is a surprise to us, and you'd probably be more surprised by what goes on down here.

During the crack epidemic, TX was one of the most hardest hit states. Also us being located right along the border means our problems are much worse than NY. Gangs, drugs, kidnappings,etc
Exactly, TX is wilder then some of these New Yorkers can even imagine. Dudes from Harlem, wouldn't be safe walking through acre homes, gulfton, sharpstown, fondren, 3rdward, 5thward or Greenspoint at night. Nor Oakcliff in Dallas. TX has some varrios that'll make there head spin.

Old 08-24-2009, 12:12 AM

Default Its Gangsta all over!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post

New York ain't what it was like the past people still get merked it ain't nothing everday.

All the crime came over to Jersey and Philly is always gangsta;
We got to many hoods, way to many people, to many guns, drugs, gangs, sets, etc on the eastcoast.

It our size and millions and millions of heads on the East coast.
Texas aint' got nothing on Camden Jersey or Philly Believe that!!!

Old 08-24-2009, 12:16 AM

Default Not jersey of philly!!!!

Quote:
Exactly, TX is wilder then some of these New Yorkers can even imagine. Dudes from Harlem, wouldn't be safe walking through acre homes, gulfton, sharpstown, fondren, 3rdward, 5thward or Greenspoint at night. Nor Oakcliff in Dallas. TX has some varrios that'll make there head spin.

Texas cats wouldn't make it back home if they came to Jersey!!!!
yeah New York ain't what it was people still get killed.

Texas can rival Camden, NJ or North Philly

You ain't got the numbers or enough gangsta

Believe that!!!!!

Old 08-24-2009, 12:17 AM

11,326 posts, read 20,321,600 times
I hate it when people pull out the crime rates because they are so flawed.

As for TX and FL being wilder than NY I don't know about that, they all could be wild for all I know but saying NY dudes is scared to be in TX/FL thats some bull.

You said you saw a dead body floating somewhere well I've seen more than 3 and this is in the 2000's and the NYC crime rate is "low", I've seen people with they brain removed from there head layed out. I'm cool with a lot of people on here but mad of y'all on here ain't never seen some crazy s*** to say NY ain't wild.

NY is the Wild Wild East f*** a crime rate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City