U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 05:32 AM

3,093 posts, read 4,124,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
bottom line. you like the deep south southern belles and i dont

you have your opinion and i have mine

southern women repulse me
You can go home and enjoy your pale sickly looking northern woman with NO figure if you want.

I'll take the region that produced Beyonce Knowles, LeToya Luckett, Brooke Valentine, Jessica Simpson and so much more. By the way, don't even get me started about all the beautiful women at the southern HBCU's. Add that in and the north doesn't stand a fighting chance.

And it's funny how you dismiss those lists of schools with the best looking women but use these city-data forums as gospel when the popular opinion is in favor of the north.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2009, 05:53 AM

6,749 posts, read 19,920,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
I think I've seen it in another thread. Didn't you make a post in the past? I forget what the thread was.
Honey I honestly don't remember. I probably have but couldn't tell ya where

Old 04-17-2009, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
I laugh all the time at how much she wants to live in a redneck-y town in NC (or anywhere in the south) and watch Nascar and drink beer with rednecks. I mean, I'm all for it if that's what makes her happy. I laugh at it all, but it's all in fun. She knows it's funny

You 2 should trade, seriously. You can have that zip code you want so badly, and live in a multi million dollar condo overlooking the Statue of liberty lol.
I think it is cool that someone who lives in a multi-million dollar condo would want to hang out with people that certain people think are beneath them I love people who have money AND are down to earth, North or South.

Old 04-17-2009, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU Tiger Z71 View Post
I'm trying to see what's so wrong about this redneck culture. The neck symbolizes work done outside to build this country, it gets sunburned.

Ever been mudding? Its quite a thrill, very similar to offroading done everywhere in the world.

Ever been on an ATV? Pretty fun to drive and feel the wind in your hair, etc. I like to drive golf carts at the course, an ATV is way more fun.

I enjoy fishing, archery, hunting, camping, nature, and golfing. I have plenty of it in my region of the world.

I also enjoy concerts, shopping malls and bars/clubs. There is plenty of that too.

A lot of hard working people good people are "blue-collar." And no they may not have the best clothing choices (bass shirts and such), but a lot would give you the ugly $8 shirt of their back to help you out. Yes, there is a higher rate of uneducated people. Yes, the rural areas may not have as much wealth. (thought the cost of living is lower), and yes there are some racist people, but once you get past that, I think you can experience a great culture.

The South isn't about impressing your peers with Rock and Republic jeans and such. Its about freedom and hard work. Your own private area to do what you'd like.
GREAT post!!!!! I'd rep you but I can't

Old 04-17-2009, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU Tiger Z71 View Post
Um no. SEC schools are know for having the hottest girls.

Hottest Student Bodies: The 50 Best Colleges Ranked By Looks: 1-10

LSU #10. A bunch of SEC schools and some others in the top 10. Some of the pictures may not be the best.

A BUNCH of different lists. Google stuff. Its pretty common fact, I thought??

Also, **** of the SEC

Plenty more wealth of knowledge on the subject as well.
Ha! Uof L and UofK made the list

Old 04-17-2009, 08:36 AM

12,391 posts, read 24,502,010 times
thing is with the hot girls, you start having a conversation and know you couldn't ever actually date them. this is just my experience. I think a lot of the hot girls are there for sorority stuff and some don't even go to the university but just go to the feeder community colleges in town when you find out and meet them at a bar.
Also I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure most of the big universities in the south have lower entrance levels as far as gpa/sat scores go for their undergraduate bodies.
Also note many of these "hotter" girls aren't actually FROM the south but down south from the north as the tuition rates out of state are actually lower than their in state counterparts and they want to live in a warmer climate as well. schools like ASU/UA/USC/UCLA experience this same phenomenon...

I have noticed that from high school age ...then post college age the girls weren't as hot if you are going around in the south... but those in college range were... like where did all these people come from? same with afterwards being 28 now...where did all these people go... Go out in NYC/Chicago/Boston/LA ... u will find them there now

Not talking about the gt's/duke/nc's here but clemson, usc, fsu, ua, au, um, lsu, uga...
please don't think I am hating as I am actually ripping on myself as well here as I went to one of them..

Old 04-17-2009, 10:01 AM

3,093 posts, read 4,124,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
Also note many of these "hotter" girls aren't actually FROM the south but down south from the north as the tuition rates out of state are actually lower than their in state counterparts

No offense to you since you seem to be a fairly objective poster. But this is dead wrong. Trust me...talk to them. Learn about them. They are from the south!

Old 04-17-2009, 10:16 AM

269 posts, read 415,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
No offense to you since you seem to be a fairly objective poster. But this is dead wrong. Trust me...talk to them. Learn about them. They are from the south!
Agreed. The student body at UT or Texas A&M is mostly from Texas.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:30 AM

12,391 posts, read 24,502,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
of course mostly, was trying to say many HOT rich girls come down from north too, I don't think you are getting as much of that in reverse for example. They are coming down for "party schools" and warm climate often, and the girls that do this tend to add to the populous of hot girls.

Old 04-17-2009, 12:46 PM

15,989 posts, read 30,610,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
of course mostly, was trying to say many HOT rich girls come down from north too, I don't think you are getting as much of that in reverse for example. They are coming down for "party schools" and warm climate often, and the girls that do this tend to add to the populous of hot girls.
Not in Texas, most of Texas largest universities are mainly all people from the state of Texas. The hot girls that attend universities in the north are from the south.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City