Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 12:06 AM

2,057 posts, read 5,489,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU Tiger Z71 View Post
I dunno what NYC1DAY expects to see. A bunch of bucktooth guys and girls who say every word with aint and yall who are fat and talk badly? Not at all. Normal guys and hot girls. Welcome to the SEC.

In fact, I've witnessed(and I dislike it) many Northern trends on campuss well -- Abercrombie and Fitch, Lacoste,Diesel, Affliction/Ed Hardy, 7 jeans. Everywhere on campus. Its a normal American college.

I've seen jacked up pickups and SUVs. I've also seen Camrys, Lexus, Infiniti, etc.

I've met Christian Right people and I've met anarchists on Free Speech Alley.

You also get the boys from the holler in the fish shirts. You get the trashy girls. You get that everywhere.

You also get the fraternity guys (like me) who put a lot of time in trying to look old south.

I guess in your mind, the students are no indication of the parents?

You have people that don't care at all. You seem to spend all this time in your own little world. The percentage of rednecks is low, I know the North has "trashy" people as well, who may act slightly different from the rednecks. A lot of kids who hunt and fish don't steal and deal.
That is not what I expect to see...... that is what I see. Did you forget that I live in Columbia SC?

You think the percentage of rednecks in Lous is low? Then live it up in Lous. Have a blast kid
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2009, 12:07 AM

806 posts, read 2,959,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
was that a joke?
Um no. SEC schools are know for having the hottest girls.

Hottest Student Bodies: The 50 Best Colleges Ranked By Looks: 1-10

LSU #10. A bunch of SEC schools and some others in the top 10. Some of the pictures may not be the best.

A BUNCH of different lists. Google stuff. Its pretty common fact, I thought??

Also, **** of the SEC

Plenty more wealth of knowledge on the subject as well.

Old 04-17-2009, 12:11 AM

Quote:
That is not what I expect to see...... that is what I see. Did you forget that I live in Columbia SC?

You think the percentage of rednecks in Lous is low? Then live it up in Lous. Have a blast kid
I've been to the USC campus a few times and thought Columbia was a farily nice city and seen a bunch of normal stuff. I've been to NYC as well. I could hardly tell the difference from a group of people of NYC and Columbia in the summer time, really. I actually considered moving to South Carolina, I don't see why you think its hell because you see a few bad apples and things you assoicate negatively.. You've said you're a Republican? I'd say this region is very freedom/free markets oreinated. My choice to not practice relgion hasn't hurt me and I'm friends with a wide variety of people-- who, you would be quick to judge, since I'm sure they'd be redneck to you.

Old 04-17-2009, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Um no. SEC schools are know for having the hottest girls.

Hottest Student Bodies: The 50 Best Colleges Ranked By Looks: 1-10

LSU #10. A bunch of SEC schools and some others in the top 10. Some of the pictures may not be the best.

A BUNCH of different lists. Google stuff. Its pretty common fact, I thought??

Also, **** of the SEC

Plenty more wealth of knowledge on the subject as well.
Your post are funny. You seriously need to get out of the shell that you have lived in your whole life and EXPERIENCE something besides the bible belt/hick culture

I know the article is a ****ing lie because I went to the Univ of SC. The colleges on that list have 20,000 plus students. Of course their are SOME girls that look good. I am talking about as a whole

Bottom Line

This is just a pic of the girls in the north. That is the way the average girl in the north looks

True Life | Episode 12: I'm a Jersey Shore Girl | Video, Photos | MTV

Compare that pic to this video. The video is the your average girl in the south.

I would RUN from the girls in this video......It is your choice of what you like

Practice and Pray | Video | MTV

Old 04-17-2009, 12:17 AM

Quote:
I've been to the USC campus a few times and thought Columbia was a farily nice city and seen a bunch of normal stuff. I've been to NYC as well. I could hardly tell the difference from a group of people of NYC and Columbia in the summer time, really. I actually considered moving to South Carolina, I don't see why you think its hell because you see a few bad apples and things you assoicate negatively.. You've said you're a Republican? I'd say this region is very freedom/free markets oreinated. My choice to not practice relgion hasn't hurt me and I'm friends with a wide variety of people-- who, you would be quick to judge, since I'm sure they'd be redneck to you.
you did not see a difference between the culture in nyc and columbia sc? that explains some of the things that you say on this website then!

Old 04-17-2009, 12:41 AM

Quote:
you did not see a difference between the culture in nyc and columbia sc? that explains some of the things that you say on this website then!
I should had said the way people dressed. OK, sure. Pretty big culture difference, can't remember if I worded it that way or not. Point taken.

I'm pretty sure girls in the North don't all look like the girls in the True Life video. I've seen a lot of rough girls.

Ever see True Life: I'm a Southern Belle? Prolly not.

BTW, I've been to NYC, Chicago, etc. I know what I'm talking about.

Old 04-17-2009, 12:44 AM

Quote:
I should had said the way people dressed. OK, sure. Pretty big culture difference, can't remember if I worded it that way or not. Point taken.

I'm pretty sure girls in the North don't all look like the girls in the True Life video. I've seen a lot of rough girls.

bottom line. you like the deep south southern belles and i dont

you have your opinion and i have mine

southern women repulse me

Old 04-17-2009, 12:47 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,514,571 times
Quote:

I am from the North (NY) and every friend of mine from up there who came down to visit me (I went to Texas A&M for school) was like "damn!!, these girls are hot" compared to the ones up there. LSU is just as hot as well as UGA, UF, UT AUSTIN etc. The girls are decent up North at colleges, but nowhere near the level of down here. I don't know what that other guy is talking about that's for sure

Old 04-17-2009, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
I am from the North (NY) and every friend of mine from up there who came down to visit me (I went to Texas A&M for school) was like "damn!!, these girls are hot" compared to the ones up there. LSU is just as hot as well as UGA, UF, UT AUSTIN etc. The girls are decent up North at colleges, but nowhere near the level of down here. I don't know what that other guy is talking about that's for sure
Thank you for backing me up.

Old 04-17-2009, 12:50 AM

Quote:
bottom line. you like the deep south southern belles and i dont

you have your opinion and i have mine

southern women repulse me
The belle part is only in how they dress, really. You can take girls in private prep all over the Northeast and make them into a "belle."

I don't understand the broad based repulsion of women. I'd take any attractive woman home with me (before i was married-- my wife is from Massachusettes, btw) !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City