U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2009, 11:43 PM

4,467 posts, read 8,439,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
^ ugly betty was shot in L.A. the first two seasons.

Sorry but when it comes films L.A. is #1
LOL LA for films I disagree. I think for films are LA and NYC

Fighting takes place in NY
Spiderman takes place in NY
American Gangster takes place in NY
ETC..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 11:47 AM

15,989 posts, read 30,680,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
LOL LA for films I disagree. I think for films are LA and NYC

Fighting takes place in NY
Spiderman takes place in NY
American Gangster takes place in NY
ETC..
ATL is going to be good competition in some years, they are coming up in the entertainment industry.

Old 04-19-2009, 05:57 PM

1,107 posts, read 2,685,752 times
The 400 Richest Americans: #8 Michael Bloomberg - Forbes.com

Old 04-19-2009, 06:01 PM

2,057 posts, read 4,870,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
ATL is going to be good competition in some years, they are coming up in the entertainment industry.
i dont see that happening man.

if any city in the south gives nyc and la competition then i think it will be miami

Old 04-19-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
i dont see that happening man.

if any city in the south gives nyc and la competition then i think it will be miami
Of course Miami, but ATL has been getting lots of attention lately especially with the Tyler Perry Studios being built there.

Old 04-19-2009, 06:20 PM

2,057 posts, read 4,870,948 times
Quote:
Of course Miami, but ATL has been getting lots of attention lately especially with the Tyler Perry Studios being built there.
it might be improving in atlanta but it will never be on the level of nyc or la

tyler perry? wow! that is a awful show. lol

Old 04-19-2009, 06:28 PM

14,111 posts, read 22,759,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityGuy View Post
LA is Number 1 in Size. Four of the BIG SIX film Conglomerates are based in NY. All four Major Broadcast Networks are in NY. ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX. Many cable channels are based in the city as well, including MTV, Fox News, HBO and Comedy Central. Yes the tv some tv shows are filmed in LA but without the network it wouldn't exist. Since most tv shows have to start from the network. We approve, fund, and assign the tv shows. Since the studios are in LA they just film it there but the tv show is not coming from LA. Most TV shows and Movies are about NY. Alot of Tv shows and movies that are about NY are filmed in NY. Then you have the many Film Festivals and film schools in NY.

List of film festivals in North and Central America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
List of New York City television and film studios - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tv Shows based in NY
List of television shows set in New York City - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
TV Shows filmed in NY
List of television shows filmed in New York City - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Movies based and filmed in NY
List of films set in New York City - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
But thats the thing, MOST of the studios are in LA. That has a HUGE effect on where they're located. Alot of the stars move to LA from the film schools in NYC, to be closer to where there going to be doing there job. And which of the big 4 are in NYC? 20TH CENTURY FOX, MGM, LUCASFILMS, DREAMWORKS, UNIVERSAL STUDIOS, PIXAR, WARNER BROS, those are some big names headquartered in LA. But you are right about the NBC, ABC, and the rest of the TV networks, they are all in NY. But I think in terms of Films LA still has the nod.

Old 04-19-2009, 07:03 PM

1,107 posts, read 2,685,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
But thats the thing, MOST of the studios are in LA. That has a HUGE effect on where they're located. Alot of the stars move to LA from the film schools in NYC, to be closer to where there going to be doing there job. And which of the big 4 are in NYC? 20TH CENTURY FOX, MGM, LUCASFILMS, DREAMWORKS, UNIVERSAL STUDIOS, PIXAR, WARNER BROS, those are some big names headquartered in LA. But you are right about the NBC, ABC, and the rest of the TV networks, they are all in NY. But I think in terms of Films LA still has the nod.
4 of the BIG six Movie Conglomerates and their Parent Division.
Time Warner(Warner Bros, HBO), Viacom(Paramount Pictures Group), News Corporation(Fox Filmed Entertainment), and Sony US Headquarters(Sony Pictures).

Old 04-19-2009, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
it might be improving in atlanta but it will never be on the level of nyc or la

tyler perry? wow! that is a awful show. lol
Agree with you there lol, but also Atlanta has CNN, Cartoon Network, and TNT.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:28 PM

12,391 posts, read 24,567,618 times
Quote:
Agree with you there lol, but also Atlanta has CNN, Cartoon Network, and TNT.
isn't tbs there too? and it is the super station.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or