Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2009, 08:08 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,572,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
okay gotcha... I think it is, must have missed where she said Texas wasn't.
Oh wait... It was her mother that said that, nevermind.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:09 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,194,653 times
Quote:
you guys are freaking close minded and have a texas-centric view of the u.s.!!! just like most people have a u.s. centric view of the world! both of them are a shame! that is what she is saying! nobody else agrees with you! pretty much everybody agrees with new york who isn't extremely biased.

nyc in worldly affairs??? #1... texas in worldly affairs??? not even on the radar. bush sealed the deal on that and most people in the world, texas is the butt of a joke, if anything. this is truth.

yeah texas is a cool state with cool cities, but outside of texas nobody really cares that much.
Besides the fact Texas ranks number 1 in the country for Exports and Oil means absolutely nothing???? You need to explain this whole little rant, because your wrong.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:11 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,496,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Besides the fact Texas ranks number 1 in the country for Exports and Oil means absolutely nothing???? You need to explain this whole little rant, because your wrong.
it boggles my mind how you homers cherry pick. seriously.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:13 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,194,653 times
Quote:
it boggles my mind how you homers cherry pick. seriously.
It boggles my mind that you were actually serious when you stated Texas wasn't even on the radar when it comes to foreign countries. On top of that, your comparing NYC to Texas. Lets try comparing NY state, which still falls short since all they got is NYC.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:13 PM

806 posts, read 2,959,082 times
Oil production is the backbone of the American economy. (disclaimer: i'm in nat. gas)

Old 04-19-2009, 08:14 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,966,877 times
Quote:
true, not the best time for americans to travel.

eh, you are just wrong man and underestimating nyc... i'm not from there, never lived there... I have no reason to boost it other than for what it is, no sweat though.
we are going to have to agree to disagree at this point. I can tell your train of thought based on your responses isn't thinking logical and you are taking it way to personally, again...no sweat. I think in most intellectual or academic circles you would get laughed at if you thought texas was more important than NYC. ... and at that.. ha ha ha.
How many intellectual circles are you a part of? Countless people have posted a ton of facts about Texas' importance in areas were they were ranked ahead of the state of New York. As a state Texas is just as important if not more important than New York. If you can't let your northern bias see that then I am sorry.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:17 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,572,305 times
Anecdotal as it is, when I traveled to Europe, everybody I talked to knew of Texas. I realize it's the same, if not moreso, with New York, but to claim Texas is off the international radar is pretty ignorant.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:36 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,496,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
How many intellectual circles are you a part of? Countless people have posted a ton of facts about Texas' importance in areas were they were ranked ahead of the state of New York. As a state Texas is just as important if not more important than New York. If you can't let your northern bias see that then I am sorry.
how when it doesn't have the political media and economic strong holds like nyc does? yes texas is important... but they are all regional cities while nyc reigns supreme with london on the planet. one of my earlier posts was supposed to go in the "city" thread btw...in resources perhaps texas kills nyc though. are any cities other than houston or dallas really of significant importance? seriously...

we are really arguing tit for tat at this point.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:43 PM

269 posts, read 468,797 times
Quote:
how when it doesn't have the political media and economic strong holds like nyc does? yes texas is important... but they are all regional cities while nyc reigns supreme with london on the planet. one of my earlier posts was supposed to go in the "city" thread btw...in resources perhaps texas kills nyc though. are any cities other than houston or dallas really of significant importance? seriously...

we are really arguing tit for tat at this point.
Can you explain the "economic strong holds" please?

This is not about cities, this is about states. Houston+Dallas+Austin+San Antonio+The rest of the state has a bigger/better economy than New York state does. That is a fact.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:54 PM

23,445 posts, read 44,050,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
Anecdotal as it is, when I traveled to Europe, everybody I talked to knew of Texas. I realize it's the same, if not moreso, with New York, but to claim Texas is off the international radar is pretty ignorant.
I agree; as far as states go, California and Texas have two of the strongest brands internationally IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City