U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-19-2009, 03:14 PM
 
2,057 posts, read 4,859,673 times
Reputation: 980

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I didn't specifically say you started it now did I? I'm still waiting for you to show some improvement, especially after trying to harp on my intelligence when you couldn't even spell it correctly.

The way you type is so southern-ish! You may think you belong in NYC,but you'll always be a southener at heart!
You try to do everything to get under my skin.

It does not work.

Bye ya'll

 
Old 04-19-2009, 06:00 PM
 
14,111 posts, read 22,689,461 times
Reputation: 4203
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityGuy View Post
If you look at it. NY has an economy that is developed on many different factors so if one part of the economy goes down the rest is still surging but texas seems very dependent on two things which makes it more vulnerable.
2 things? Are you sure?
 
Old 04-19-2009, 06:01 PM
 
14,111 posts, read 22,689,461 times
Reputation: 4203
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityGuy View Post
You believe this and not the news coming from the state like the Wall Street Journal. Its not more diversified. NYC is more diversified than the entire state of Texas.
I dont know about that. You think it's more diversafied??
 
Old 04-19-2009, 06:04 PM
 
1,107 posts, read 2,680,433 times
Reputation: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
I dont know about that. You think it's more diversafied??
Positively, thats why NYC is one of the few cities effected by the recession. I read this in the Wall Street Journal.
 
Old 04-19-2009, 06:05 PM
 
14,111 posts, read 22,689,461 times
Reputation: 4203
I dont see how NY is more diversafied then TX. Dosent most of the state depend on NYC. TX is evenly divided between the BIG 3 cities, or maybe the big 4(Austin, Dallas, Houston, SA).And it has the secong highest GDP in the nation.
 
Old 04-19-2009, 06:08 PM
 
1,107 posts, read 2,680,433 times
Reputation: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
I dont see how NY is more diversafied then TX. Dosent most of the state depend on NYC. TX is evenly divided between the BIG 3 cities, or maybe the big 4(Austin, Dallas, Houston, SA).And it has the secong highest GDP in the nation.
I stated that NYC was more diverse than the entire state of Texas.
 
Old 04-19-2009, 06:08 PM
 
14,111 posts, read 22,689,461 times
Reputation: 4203
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityGuy View Post
Positively, thats why NYC is one of the few cities effected by the recession. I read this in the Wall Street Journal.
I thik NYC was one of the few cities effected because it's a powerful city. What about Buffalo?? Isnt buffalo suffering right now, and syracuse isnt really a powerhouse. What I mean is that TX economic power is evenly divided between the cities. The hurricane in Houston made gas prices go up everywhere, but Dallas, Austin, SA and the rest of the state were barely effected the same way the rest of the US was.
 
Old 04-19-2009, 06:11 PM
 
14,111 posts, read 22,689,461 times
Reputation: 4203
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityGuy View Post
I stated that NYC was more diverse than the entire state of Texas.
Oh NYC. Intresting? Well NYC is a BIG city, there are gonna be many, many, different kinds of jobs one can do. But I dont think the city by itself is more diversified then the ENTIRE state of Texas. I find that hard to believe.
 
Old 04-19-2009, 06:17 PM
 
1,107 posts, read 2,680,433 times
Reputation: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Oh NYC. Intresting? Well NYC is a BIG city, there are gonna be many, many, different kinds of jobs one can do. But I dont think the city by itself is more diversified then the ENTIRE state of Texas. I find that hard to believe.
It is. NY has even shares in Finance, Real Estate, Trade, Media(Music, Film, Tv, Books, Newspapers, Magazines, etc)you cant count some the things under media as their own market, Fashion, Advertising, Technology, Medical Market, Manufacturing, Sports, etc Each play a Major role in the World.
 
Old 04-19-2009, 06:30 PM
 
14,111 posts, read 22,689,461 times
Reputation: 4203
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityGuy View Post
It is. NY has even shares in Finance, Real Estate, Trade, Media(Music, Film, Tv, Books, Newspapers, Magazines, etc)you cant count some the things under media as their own market, Fashion, Advertising, Technology, Medical Market, Manufacturing, Sports, etc Each play a Major role in the World.
TRUE, TRUE. But the WHOLE state of Texas??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:19 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top