Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 07:52 AM

1,991 posts, read 3,968,980 times

Advertisements

(Eastern) Chula Vista, CA
Balboa Park in San Diego
Colorado Springs, CO
Stapleton (& downtown & Red Rocks Park) in Denver, CO
Boulder, CO
Weston, FL
Sedona, AZ
Alameda, CA
Santa Barabara, CA
Hearst Castle, CA

Last edited by MantaRay; 04-22-2009 at 08:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Well, I've never been out there, so I haven't gotten the chance to see the different landscapes.
I once visited there when I did a driving vacation from Tijuana all the way up to Napa, CA. Of every place I saw, LA impressed me least, excluding Santa Monica, which was quite impressive. It was just buildings and streets and cars everywhere and one big city that never really ends, and that pretty much sums it up. And even the buildings weren't notable from an architectural standpoing, certainly nowhere near the drama of San Diego Mediterranean and Mission style or San Francisco Victorian style, certainly nothing comparable to the stunning beauty of San Diego's Museum of Art & Museum of Man or San Francisco's Palace of Fine Arts. It didn't pull off parks in NEARLY the same dramatic fashion as San Franciso and San Diego (and even Sacramento when you count the American River Parkway).

The only parts of the whole expanse of LA that I can even say I was impressed with were the Santa Monica area and the Rancho Cucamonga-Riverside area. Everything in between was a big let down, and I was really expecting to be wowed by the whole city.

Old 04-22-2009, 01:13 PM

6 posts, read 5,155 times
San Diego sucks. Theres hardly palm trees I am real serious. You see all these other tress but hardly any palm trees. The fact that San Diego is also the most illusive and ugliest cities also makes me not care for it. What I mean is everything outside of the downtown area and the coastal cities that border the water is crap. Inland San Diego is crap. There's trash every where and it very brown and ugly during the summer time. I don't know why people care so much about San Diego. It has practicaly nothing. It's got sucky sports team's (Chargers and Padres extremly suck) and it only has just two teams. Other cities have 5 teams you know NHL, MLB, MLS, NFL, NBA, and so on, but San diego only has two stupid teams that suck ASS. Another thing I hate about San Diego is because everything is overrated. SeaWorld is overrated and lacks cool rides and entertainment, San Diego Zoo is just plain boring and yet gets called best zoo in the world the whole city lacks. The light rail system suck it literally takes you to no where, but the dirty ugly San Diego ghettos
and all the communities are seperated by big ugly congested freeways, San Diego is just crap. Also another thing just because a few buildings go up in downtown San Diego people think it's so amazing and that the city is dense, please san Diego has the most lamest skyline EVER! and because of that airport the height limit is 500ft so SD skyline will never grow. Anyway I thought I should just share this with you.

Old 04-22-2009, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunDugdee View Post
I don't know why people care so much about San Diego. It has practicaly nothing.
That's not exactly what the "photos" San Diego thread shows. And it doesn't even include pics of the beautiful and manicured eastern Chula Vista. Another thing I really like about the area is all the outdoor "town centers" or power centers, as they are called these days. The parks are top notch as well. And it's really tough to find that many places in America which has ample bike trails AND the year round weather to enjoy them year round.

What I wasn't impressed by was the "concrete look" of the Embarcadero. They really need to go more "Bayshore Blvd., Tampa."

Old 04-22-2009, 07:24 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,515,744 times
St George Utah
Kill Devil Hills NC
Lake Placid NY
Morro Bay Cal.
Rockport TX

Where I am at right now in Houston is pretty close though

Old 04-23-2009, 12:37 AM

5 posts, read 12,947 times
Phoenix, Scottsdale

Old 06-11-2009, 10:18 PM

56 posts, read 147,181 times
Pasadena, CA
Portsmouth, NH
Chatham, MA for First Night

Old 06-11-2009, 11:06 PM

1,213 posts, read 3,608,126 times
My paradise is San Francisco. I've been all over the U.S. and no other city compares IMO. Sure there are bigger cities (NYC, Chicago) and there are warmer cities (LA, Miami), but for me, San Francisco is just right. You've got the vibrant street life (especially in Union Square) with sidewalks so crowded they are reminiscent of Manhattan. But all this is juxtaposed against beautiful natural scenery. I'm always amazed at how you can see the water from practically anywhere in the city.

Old 06-11-2009, 11:30 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,534,629 times
NYC all day every day

and St Thomas USVI

Old 06-11-2009, 11:40 PM

734 posts, read 2,053,551 times
Waimea Bay or Kailua, HI
Chicago, IL
Many places on the Central Coast, from Pismo up to Monterey, CA.
Tahoe (either side)
Key West
Cheju-do, ROK
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City