U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-25-2009, 03:02 AM
 
2,059 posts, read 3,386,383 times
Reputation: 945

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Not so fast cowboy. Those are CSA's not MSA's. Nice try though. Houston Community College has some summer openings for geography courses this summer. Want me to put in a good word for you?
Why dont you want to admit to the CSA numbers?

The answer is because you know that Houston can not compete.

No, but I will put in a good word for you with reading comprehension classes. Maybe even statistics 101
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-25-2009, 03:49 AM
 
Location: Austin, Texas
2,708 posts, read 2,196,322 times
Reputation: 2587
Because we all know it's impossible for Texas to have anything nice...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2009, 03:54 AM
 
Location: Underneath the Pecan Tree
15,831 posts, read 20,000,755 times
Reputation: 6686
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
Why dont you want to admit to the CSA numbers?

The answer is because you know that Houston can not compete.

No, but I will put in a good word for you with reading comprehension classes. Maybe even statistics 101
I'm trying to figure out what point are you trying to prove here.....the census bureau still puts Houston as number 4, it's not an opinion, but a fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2009, 03:55 AM
 
Location: Austin, Texas
2,708 posts, read 2,196,322 times
Reputation: 2587
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I'm trying to figure out what point are you trying to prove here.....the census bureau still puts Houston as number 4, it's not an opinion, but a fact.
Don't try arguing with him. Facts mean nothing to him unless theys upport his opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2009, 04:03 AM
 
Location: Bayou City Megaplex
2,980 posts, read 3,026,524 times
Reputation: 2413
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
Why dont you want to admit to the CSA numbers?

The answer is because you know that Houston can not compete.

No, but I will put in a good word for you with reading comprehension classes. Maybe even statistics 101
You're the one moving the goalposts mid-game. The OP started this thread talking about city population and MSA's - not CSA's. I'll lend you my reading comprehension notes for study. You don't have to give them back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2009, 04:28 AM
 
2,059 posts, read 3,386,383 times
Reputation: 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libohove90 View Post
What is it with these people putting Houston at #4? Theres NYC, LA, Chi,....and Houston! Seriously wtf?

Because of Houston's population at 2.1 million ppl? City population dont mean much, its the metro population that counts. Houston's metro is not yet bigger than Dallas-Ft. Worth and Philly!

When it comes, to art, shopping, entertainment, culture, theatre...I see ppl claimin Houston as #4 and some even dare challenge Houston with CHICAGO! I don't even see why Houston is clearly better than my hometown of Phillly
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
You're the one moving the goalposts mid-game. The OP started this thread talking about city population and MSA's - not CSA's. I'll lend you my reading comprehension notes for study. You don't have to give them back.
I can not speak for him but this is what I took from his statement.

He is stating that he does not believe Houston is the 4th best city in the United States and wonders why others think so

Houston is the fourth largest city by population. However, just because it is the 4th largest in population does not mean that it is the 4th best city.

I am not trying to take anything away from Houston as a city. I would have no problem living there.

However, it is just my opinion that it is not on the level that others make it out to be on.

My listing is on page 1 of where houston should be. I think it barely cracks the top 10
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2009, 04:33 AM
 
Location: Bayou City Megaplex
2,980 posts, read 3,026,524 times
Reputation: 2413
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
I can not speak for him but this is what I took from his statement.

He is stating that he does not believe Houston is the 4th best city in the United States and wonders why others think so

Houston is the fourth largest city by population. However, just because it is the 4th largest in population does not mean that it is the 4th best city.

I am not trying to take anything away from Houston as a city. I would have no problem living there.

However, it is just my opinion that it is not on the level that others make it out to be on.

My listing is on page 1 of where houston should be. I think it barely cracks the top 10

And who says NYC, LA and Chicago are the three "best" cities in the US? That is entirely subjective. Again, we're talking about population and nothing else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2009, 04:44 AM
 
2,059 posts, read 3,386,383 times
Reputation: 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
And who says NYC, LA and Chicago are the three "best" cities in the US? That is entirely subjective. Again, we're talking about population and nothing else.
You are right because it is a opinion.

However, you will not find many people that think Houston is on the level of NYC, LA and Chicago.

For someone to even think that Houston is on the same level with those three cities is laughable to me.

We are not going anywhere in this convo. I think Houston barely cracks the top 10. You think it is number 1.

Last edited by NYC1DAY; 04-25-2009 at 04:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2009, 08:33 AM
 
Location: Concrete jungle where dreams are made of.
8,904 posts, read 6,796,433 times
Reputation: 1819
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Secret crush perhaps? Don't worry, soon enough she'll be in line with all the other northerners flocking south during these cold economic times.

lol nope, they aren't going to layoff NYC teachers ever again after that mistake in the 70s. I'm not going anywhere
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2009, 10:23 AM
 
3,005 posts, read 5,729,421 times
Reputation: 1183
Houston is one of the last frontier cities in America. Houston is Houston love it or leave but it is one of the better cities in the world not USA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:22 PM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top