U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: LA vs Toronto
Los Angeles 254 56.44%
Toronto 196 43.56%
Voters: 450. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-17-2011, 03:35 PM
 
2 posts, read 13,121 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

I used to live and study in Toronto . i can tell everyone all about this city.

Los Angeles vs Toronto :

standard of downtown centre and urban area : Equal

Size of downtown centre and urban area : Los Angeles

Entertainment : Los Angeles( but Toronto is seem nice too )

weather : Los Angeles

long beach is best vacation in Los Angeles, well Toronto located on the lake, and also Los Angeles sound better than toronto in name .

So Los Angeles win . hand down !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-17-2011, 05:23 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia,New Jersey, NYC!
6,967 posts, read 18,183,465 times
Reputation: 2641
Toronto - its a true international city
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2011, 05:38 PM
 
181 posts, read 238,194 times
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by kettana View Post
I used to live and study in Toronto . i can tell everyone all about this city.

Los Angeles vs Toronto :

standard of downtown centre and urban area : Equal

Size of downtown centre and urban area : Los Angeles

Entertainment : Los Angeles( but Toronto is seem nice too )

weather : Los Angeles

long beach is best vacation in Los Angeles, well Toronto located on the lake, and also Los Angeles sound better than toronto in name .

So Los Angeles win . hand down !!!
What a clueless troll you are. And what does "Los Angeles sound better than toronto in name" even mean anyways?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2011, 05:52 PM
 
181 posts, read 238,194 times
Reputation: 28
People who think L.A. has better nightlife are clueless. Toronto's Entertainment District is the densest square km of nightclubs in North America. And that doesn't even include other bar/nightclub districts like Little Italy or The Annex. Toronto is also the electronic music capital of North America. There are great DJs playing clubs 7 nights a week, and many parties run until 6am - and not just on Friday/Saturday nights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2011, 06:01 PM
 
181 posts, read 238,194 times
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
Cold and flat, so appealing...
Toronto is actually very hilly and has rocky cliffs within city limits you clueless troll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2011, 06:14 PM
 
181 posts, read 238,194 times
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
L.A. Consequential - Opinionator Blog - NYTimes.com

apparently, LA's gotten way safer.
From your link:

"Los Angeles is on a pace for about 230 murders this year, in a city of nearly 4 million people."

Toronto has 2.6 million people and only had 60 murders last year. The suburbs are even safer. Many suburbs go years without a single murder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2011, 08:36 PM
 
305 posts, read 684,505 times
Reputation: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ#1 View Post
Toronto is also the electronic music capital of North America. There are great DJs playing clubs 7 nights a week, and many parties run until 6am - and not just on Friday/Saturday nights.
I have to disagree with this.

There are too many record labels and event organizers in L.A. to boast that Toronto is the electronic music scene of North America without putting something on the table to prove that. Insomniac Events, Go Ventures and HARD Events are some of the companies here based in L.A. that throw massive and club tours featuring DJ's from all corners of the globe to hit up famous rave venues in the L.A./SoCal area like the L.A. Memorial Coliseum, L.A. Sports Arena, Shrine Auditorium, National Orange Show down to the clubs littered around Downtown L.A. and Hollywood. There's history in all of those places.

Massives like Together As One, Monster Massive, Nocturnal Wonderland and the now moved to Vegas Electric Daisy Carnival have all featured world renowned DJ's to play in Los Angeles.

There are even record labels like Dim Mak that constantly put out good music and sign good producers from around the world as well.

What has Toronto brung to the table for the electronic scene? I can go on for hours about L.A.

And what's with you calling other people trolls when your behavior is troll like in itself?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2011, 08:42 PM
 
Location: Toronto
1,655 posts, read 5,213,346 times
Reputation: 817
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.J._in_L.A. View Post
What has Toronto brung to the table for the electronic scene? I can go on for hours about L.A.
You haven't heard of Deadmau5?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2011, 08:49 PM
 
305 posts, read 684,505 times
Reputation: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThroatGuzzler View Post
You haven't heard of Deadmau5?!
O.K., so there's Deadmau5. Who or what else you got coming out of TDot?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2011, 08:50 PM
 
181 posts, read 238,194 times
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.J._in_L.A. View Post
I have to disagree with this.

There are too many record labels and event organizers in L.A. to boast that Toronto is the electronic music scene of North America without putting something on the table to prove that. Insomniac Events, Go Ventures and HARD Events are some of the companies here based in L.A. that throw massive and club tours featuring DJ's from all corners of the globe to hit up famous rave venues in the L.A./SoCal area like the L.A. Memorial Coliseum, L.A. Sports Arena, Shrine Auditorium, National Orange Show down to the clubs littered around Downtown L.A. and Hollywood. There's history in all of those places.

Ugh. I would never want to go to some sanitized rave in some massive stadium or arena. I'll take the smaller to medium-sized venues thanks. A couple months ago i went to an after-hours show that my friend DJd that wasn't widely advertised or in some massive venue. Felt a hell of a lot more real. The cops paid a visit around 2am when they have to stop serving alcohol by law, but they went back to selling alcohol (illegally) after the cops left. I was there until about 4am, and there were still loads of people there when I left. There were even people arriving when I left.

Plus, we get the "big names" like Derek May, Derrick Carter, Paul Okenfeld, etc. all the time, not just once in a blue moon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:50 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top