Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which region is overall better?
U.S. west coast 198 49.38%
U.S. east coast 203 50.62%
Voters: 401. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 02:19 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,849,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Social Network View Post
Which city?

I agree, San Francisco has both beautiful scenery and people. Only thing I don't like about San Francisco is the ferry operation times.
When I lived in Oakland, I took the ferry over to work a few times just because it's a nicer ride than the BART, if not longer (and more out of the way). It's fine if you're 9-5/Mon-Fri, but it's definitely not your ticket if you want to stay out with your friends getting loaded.

Old 07-18-2011, 04:38 AM

2,957 posts, read 6,471,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nephi215 View Post
U mad lol. If you wasn't paying attention, I was responding to a poster from San Francisco clearly started it all by spitting out some false bs information to try to bash and all did I was simply responded but I'm the bad guy, yeah right. But San Francisco is full of bums, hill billys, inbreds (thanks to helping me out with that one), delusional people and fugly people.
U mad?

So let me get this straight. After all this BS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
The more you value history and culture, the more you'll feel out of place on the U.S. west coast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the resident09 View Post
Why is this poll so close? Take away LA and the WC stands 0 chance, Take away NYC and the East still outdoes the West from Maine to Miami.
#517 (Dude trying to call things a tie w/o being disrespectful to either side)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowincal11 View Post
LA can be compared to NYC. A big wash depending on what lifestyle you want.
#519 (Response to even the thought that any one person could prefer LA )
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_starks View Post
yeah right...
#520 (Buncha ignorant BS)
Quote:
Your delusional about that Philadelphia comment, outside of LA and maybe SF Philly crushes every city on the WC, and you could even bring in Phoenix and Vegas to the equation.

Where are your comparisons coming from? DC is equally as strong if not stronger than the SF Bay Area. And on the East Coast is arguably the 2nd strongest metro after NYC therefore it is not left to be compared to Portland or Seattle (no disrespect to those cities).

Boston would also swallow up SD or Seattle whichever one you prefer.

And if we're talking entire coastlines from end to end and states your leaving out ATL and all of GA and the Carolinas. That would definitely swallow up the entire West Coast with no chance for competition.

In fact I'd say you could take the EC from the Mason-Dixon line on down to Miami and out do the West any day. And that's leaving Philadelphia on up out of the equation

There are no ties here East>West hands down!!
#521 (More proof that Philly is full of imbeciles)
Quote:
All you West Coast posters are bragging about is scenery which is all good, but that in no way out does the East which has more people, more culture, more history, more diversity, more jobs, etc. The East Coast of the U.S. quite frankly anchors the whole world, there is no other 1000-1500 mile stretch in the world that compares or is more important. You can have all the mountains and deserts you want on the West Coast, along with the wildfires, earthquakes, and mudslides, it just overall cannot top the EC.

By the way i find the climate in parts of the WC to be very overrated for example the Bay Area, I've heard of people wearing sweaters in 50 degree weather in June/July out there. In the summer?? That's ridiculous the summer is supposed to be hot, not mild. Yes it gets humid on the EC, but so what that's what summer is for, go outside and get sweaty!
And the opinion of ONE POSTER WHO IS NOT EVEN FROM SF giving SD the nod over Philly, followed by you and the other reject both attacking him for his opinion, prompting him to respond with one single derogatory line in "Philly is a dump," warranted you coming back with, "And San Francisco is a filthy bum filled city that smells like **** and generates no interest from anyone thats not a fugly weird hippie, or gay," and basically crowning you "King Tard" of this thread? And that somehow amounted to "him starting it?" And then you felt the need to attack SF?? Could you BE more at fault?

We're supposed to keep reading endless disrespectful crap like this, but the second we have any kind of opinion that favors something over here over anything over there, WE'RE suddenly at fault? Anyone who believes this can suck it.

But him and I are the bad guys, YEAH RIGHT!

And in case "you wasn't paying attention" (which obviously you weren't), YOU weren't the only one I had responded to right then meaning I DIDN'T SINGLE YOU OUT, GENIUS!!

Talk about delusional. I won't even bother perpetuating this lame tit-for-tat you're trying to keep going. If morons want to keep making Philly and the NE look like its just an area full of ignorant meatheads, who am I to stop y'all? But don't even try and front like you tards aren't the ones instigating all this negative BS in the first place.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:05 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,923,705 times
My cities in order of preference:

Philadelphia
New York City
San Diego
Boston
Washington DC
San Francisco
Oakland
Baltimore
Los Angeles

Old 07-19-2011, 12:01 AM

149 posts, read 161,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
LA has a pretty low crime rate among major American cities. Somebody from PHILLY of all places really shouldn't be trying to talk about LA's crime rate considering how much lower it is than Philly's. Oh yeah the crime is getting really bad in LA with the city experiencing it's lowest murder rate in over years!

Yeah right don't forget about the crips bloods latin kings ms13 & so on & so on.Oh & how's that employment rate going

Old 07-19-2011, 12:12 AM

2,745 posts, read 3,957,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly born Jersey raised View Post
Yeah right don't forget about the crips bloods latin kings ms13 & so on & so on.Oh & how's that employment rate going
That was such a Philly style post! I love it. East Coast win!

Old 07-19-2011, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly born Jersey raised View Post
Umm Latin Kings? Lol sorry, wrong city.

Old 07-19-2011, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
That was such a Philly style post! I love it. East Coast win!

Hey, our side is better than yours! West Coast all day! We win!!

Old 07-19-2011, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post

Hey, our side is better than yours! West Coast all day! We win!!

Darnn

Old 07-19-2011, 01:38 AM

East coast stand up!

Old 07-19-2011, 07:31 AM

1,031 posts, read 2,708,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
You sure can!

But we already knew that b/c you're from PhilthySmellFaYa! You can't really expect anything more than that from anyone hailing from a city full of inbred cave people who can only list accomplishments from 300+ years ago as reason to be proud of anything at all. Oh yeah, THAT and losing the Superbowl both times in their two and only trips. Philly has more banjos and inbred Deliverance types per capita than any other major US city. CONGRATS PHILTHY!!!

See, I can play too! Lately I've been reading posts from Philly posters speaking out against this type of crap that lead me to believe that maybe some of you had turned a new leaf and were choosing to finally be above it. Clearly YOU aren't one of them, which pretty much keeps the rest of us engaged in this type of ignorance as well. I like how you chose to do it immediately following a barrage of ignorance from some of your fellow East Coasters. Way to keep it classy and fault us for having any type of reaction to your guys' BS.
Yea and you proved to keep it sooo much classier with this post. Congratulations!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City