U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Which region is overall better?
U.S. west coast 198 49.38%
U.S. east coast 203 50.62%
Voters: 401. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-01-2009, 10:13 AM
 
41 posts, read 79,075 times
Reputation: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ-201 View Post
Beautiful pictures of the west coast
agreed

 
Old 05-01-2009, 11:47 AM
 
13,318 posts, read 13,000,234 times
Reputation: 3415
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
Each coast has a lot to offer. I love both. However, I voted West Coast, precisely because I've lived on the East Coast my whole life, but have spent considerable time on the West Coast (and the rest of the nation) so I know how it is. To me, the West Coast is more attractive. Better weather, generally, more diverse and unique landscape. The entire east of the US, to me, is mostly the same. suburban Georgia and suburban NJ look just like suburban Ohio. It's just all green and humid, except in Winter when it's all cold and snowy but the only difference is just how cold or snowy.
EXACTLY. I've noticed the same thing when I moved back east. It's the same temperate forest through many, many states, it dosen start to REALLY change til you get to tropical south florida, or maybe NYC then it really changes, but other then that it's mostly temperate forest, driving from maybe Jacksonville, all the way to NJ it seems to be nothing but wooded areas and same climate all the way through, in the same token driving from Phoenex to Salt Lake City, or Salt Lake City to Denver, the geography changes waaay more extrmeme, Phoenix to LA is the same thing, Southern Cali to Northern Cali it changes dramatically. That's what I think. I think the west wins in this category, the west geography is way more extreme in terms of geographical, and climate wise, you can go from snow-capped mountains in San Gabriel Mountain range in LA, to EXTREME hot desert in death valley in a little over 2hrs. I think the west wins.
 
Old 08-28-2009, 09:31 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles/Long Beach
167 posts, read 243,628 times
Reputation: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
EXACTLY. I've noticed the same thing when I moved back east. It's the same temperate forest through many, many states, it dosen start to REALLY change til you get to tropical south florida, or maybe NYC then it really changes, but other then that it's mostly temperate forest, driving from maybe Jacksonville, all the way to NJ it seems to be nothing but wooded areas and same climate all the way through, in the same token driving from Phoenex to Salt Lake City, or Salt Lake City to Denver, the geography changes waaay more extrmeme, Phoenix to LA is the same thing, Southern Cali to Northern Cali it changes dramatically. That's what I think. I think the west wins in this category, the west geography is way more extreme in terms of geographical, and climate wise, you can go from snow-capped mountains in San Gabriel Mountain range in LA, to EXTREME hot desert in death valley in a little over 2hrs. I think the west wins.
I've never been east of texas so I'm bias. The east coast may have more history but the west has far better geography, to me that makes up for history. My favorite thing about west coast cities is that many have mountain or hilly backdrops:

Los Angeles - San Gabriel and Santa Monica Mountains
San Diego - Cuyamaca and Laguna Mountains
San Francisco - numerous hills around the Bay
Portland - Cascade Range
Seattle - Cascade Range and Olympic Mountains

plus

Las Vegas - Spring Mountains
Phoenix - Superstition Mountains, South Mountains, Phoenix Mountains

if we count Arizona and Nevada too
 
Old 08-28-2009, 09:33 PM
 
Location: Boston Metro
1,997 posts, read 3,537,797 times
Reputation: 1773
US East Coast all the way
 
Old 08-28-2009, 09:49 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
3,253 posts, read 3,835,857 times
Reputation: 1981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Western87 View Post
I've never been east of texas so I'm bias. The east coast may have more history but the west has far better geography, to me that makes up for history. My favorite thing about west coast cities is that many have mountain or hilly backdrops:

Los Angeles - San Gabriel and Santa Monica Mountains
San Diego - Cuyamaca and Laguna Mountains
San Francisco - numerous hills around the Bay
Portland - Cascade Range
Seattle - Cascade Range and Olympic Mountains

plus

Las Vegas - Spring Mountains
Phoenix - Superstition Mountains, South Mountains, Phoenix Mountains

if we count Arizona and Nevada too
Let's add the Santa Catalina Mountains in Tucson and the Red Rocks in Sedona.
 
Old 08-28-2009, 10:25 PM
 
742 posts, read 673,940 times
Reputation: 329
i prefer east coast because its a far more intelligent and cultural mecca. ALso the west has that whole illegal invasion to deal with and killer bees.
 
Old 08-28-2009, 10:27 PM
 
250 posts, read 40,556 times
Reputation: 54
california weather > east coast weather.
 
Old 08-28-2009, 10:31 PM
 
Location: Long Island
7,762 posts, read 9,321,702 times
Reputation: 4923
Winter:
California weather > East Coast weather

Spring:
California weather < East Coast weather

Summer:
California weather < East Coast weather

Fall:
California weather > East Coast weather
 
Old 08-28-2009, 10:34 PM
 
Location: Sarasota, Florida
15,292 posts, read 11,537,513 times
Reputation: 10766
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ-201 View Post
why?
I prefer the East Coast; because this is where the thirteen colonies first united to form the historic core of our nation.
 
Old 08-28-2009, 10:35 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
3,253 posts, read 3,835,857 times
Reputation: 1981
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcinsov View Post
i prefer east coast because its a far more intelligent and cultural mecca. ALso the west has that whole illegal invasion to deal with and killer bees.
LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top