U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which region is overall better?
U.S. west coast 198 49.38%
U.S. east coast 203 50.62%
Voters: 401. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 07:22 PM

32,260 posts, read 54,960,967 times

Advertisements

I dont know what's worse, to be in landlocked distant flyover country or to be on the East Coast and still be considered non-existent by New Yorkers.

LOL

Old 07-20-2011, 07:25 PM

1,298 posts, read 2,103,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly born Jersey raised View Post
"Yeah that doesn't really answer the question"....
Sorry, let me make it clear enough that a third grader can follow my line of questioning (at this point I am giving you the benefit of the doubt and am assuming you have made it past the third grade):

California has budget issues. Agree?
So does Texas. Agree?
So does New York. Agree?
So do a whole bunch of other states. Agree?

After all we are in a RECESSION.

WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH WHICH COAST YOU LIKE BETTER?

Understand?

Old 07-20-2011, 07:25 PM

149 posts, read 133,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshadower View Post
Schwarzenegger hasn't been governor since January.....however, this is more current. This guy is now: Office of Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. - Home

Why do you keep bringing him up as if he's current?

California Lawmakers Close Budget Deficit on Rosy Projections - FoxNews.com
California Budget: State Lawmakers Pass Budget To Close Deficit
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/16/us/16california.html

Yes, the governor FINALLY closed the budget deficit (even Fox News commented on it....) I should know, I volunteer at an LA Family Housing facility and intern for LA County.

You never really addressed the issue about how much California brings into the Federal Budget vs. how much we get back. How about that one?

Here's another from my posts that stood out to me.Happening under your new Gov.

Wednesday the Legislature agreed to cut health care services for the poor and elderly, among other spending cuts totaling an estimated $7.4 billion.
Democrats said the actions over two days totaled nearly $14 billion and meant real cuts to people who rely on government services, but Republicans said many of the actions did not involve true program reductions.DARN!

Old 07-20-2011, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoLA View Post
Sorry, let me make it clear enough that a third grader can follow my line of questioning (at this point I am giving you the benefit of the doubt and am assuming you have made it past the third grade):

California has budget issues. Agree?
So does Texas. Agree?
So does New York. Agree?
So do a whole bunch of other states. Agree?

After all we are in a RECESSION.

WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH WHICH COAST YOU LIKE BETTER?

Understand?

Yeah true & you know what if you scroll back a few you'll see how i don't have hate for the West Coast but was bated by a few ignorant posters bashing Philly with coments on cleanlyness & Murder rates SOUNDING LIKE 3RD GRADERS I responded with the latter WITH FACTS.But if you can't see how MY arguements stand for an educated discussion as to why you would lean one way or the other maybe the 3RD GRADE IS TO FAST FOR YOU??

Old 07-20-2011, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I dont know what's worse, to be in landlocked distant flyover country or to be on the East Coast and still be considered non-existent by New Yorkers.

LOL
Yeah because Oakland is such a desirable place I tell ya.How relevant are you guys in any current discussion or past for that matter??

Old 07-20-2011, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

LOL
How dare you even address me Oakland

Old 07-20-2011, 07:41 PM

Quote:
I don't think I can help you worst of all by the last comment you don't even acknowledge there's a problem & to the last poster State officials don't have anything to do with federal taxes???? LALA LAAAND!!

This ranking appears to be an East Coast party of sorts. Bwahahahaha

States Ranked by Corruption in State Government, 2010
2 Virginia
4 Delaware
5 North Carolina
6 Florida
8 Pennsylvania
9 South Carolina
11 Georgia
22 Connecticut
21 New Jersey
23 Maryland
24 New York
27 Rhode Island

The Most Corrupt States - The Daily Beast

29 California

I'll take incompetent over evil anytime.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:43 PM

1,298 posts, read 2,103,578 times
Quote:
Yeah true & you know what if you scroll back a few you'll see how i don't have hate for the West Coast but was bated by a few ignorant posters bashing Philly with coments on cleanlyness & Murder rates SOUNDING LIKE 3RD GRADERS I responded with the latter WITH FACTS.But if you can't see how MY arguements stand for an educated discussion as to why you would lean one way or the other maybe the 3RD GRADE IS TO FAST FOR YOU??
Oy.

Baited.
Cleanliness.
Arguments.
Too.

Yeah you got me beat on the education argu(e)ment.

FYI I haven't even voted in this poll. I've lived on the West Coast most of my life, visited the East Coast numerous times, and I think the whole set-up (West Coast vs. East Coast) is trite and played out. I like both for very different reasons, but obviously my home is out here in the West, and it is the place that I know the most about.

With that said, I have no idea why I am even inserting myself into this ridiculousness, so carry on.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:43 PM

Quote:
How dare you even address me Oakland
That's your highness to you.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:45 PM

Oakland....Where is that somewhere between LA & Sanfran right.....see what I mean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or