Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which climate do you prefer?
Seattle 101 48.56%
Atlanta 107 51.44%
Voters: 208. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 07:07 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Oh brother...what a lame argument! Yes, you probably need a car to get to just about any remote location - such as the North Georgia Mountains. Does the NYC subway take you to the Poconos?
I wasn't talking about the Poconos. I did speak of Coney Island.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 07:11 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,810,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
I wasn't talking about the Poconos. I did speak of Coney Island.
I know...I was talking about the Poconos. Coney Island is not a good comparison to the North Georgia Mountains - of course you would need a car to get to the mountains...

Old 07-15-2009, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
I know...I was talking about the Poconos. Coney Island is not a good comparison to the North Georgia Mountains - of course you would need a car to get to the mountains...
I wasn't talking about any mountains. I spoke of Coney Island because if you go there you can get a good sea breeze.

Old 07-16-2009, 12:46 AM

5,864 posts, read 15,244,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
You would love England also. Walking around wearing drab black and gray raincoats all day in the middle of summer. Sloshing around kicking up mud on a soccer field fog coming out your mouth. Everything half dark in the middle of the day. Wow! Now that's summer time fun! If you like it more power to you. But give me sunshine and clear days. A few days of heat is worth it if that's the price you pay for it. But that's just my opinion.
Its quite obvious someone has never spent a summer in Seattle.

Old 07-16-2009, 06:19 AM

2,848 posts, read 6,438,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post

I've seen many of your pictures of Seattle before and they're beautiful. Only problem is one reason they are so gorgeous is because they are always taken on sunny days. The reality is though those sunny days are a rarity in Seattle. It would be more realistic or more accurate if you posted pictures of Seattle on drab, dreary days.

When you see pictures of Atlanta on a sunny day however, that's more of a true representation of what the city is like most days.

Old 07-16-2009, 06:38 AM

5,643 posts, read 9,661,046 times
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
Who is bashing here? Lol. I wouldn't even live in LA or Austin because I don't like the weather there. It has nothing to do with some vendetta against Atlanta.

Seattle is undeniably temperate year round with distinct seasons yet no radical temperature shifts between them like most other cities in the US.

She and others have complained about hot weather in the South in other instances. It isn't exactly a stretch to reason that they'd come in here, in a thread about which climate you prefer, and vote for the city with fewer hot days.
I didn't like summers in NY either, except the ones like this year, cool and rainy. That is why I voted for Seattle over Atlanta.

Old 07-16-2009, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post

These pics bring back memories, particularly the pic of Mt. Rainier.

Old 07-16-2009, 07:48 AM

23,462 posts, read 44,090,617 times
The irony in a lot of these Seattle comments is that I talk to my Seattle friend every day and she says that they are having a freakishly sunny summer and at this point are desperate for rain!

Old 07-16-2009, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
The irony in a lot of these Seattle comments is that I talk to my Seattle friend every day and she says that they are having a freakishly sunny summer and at this point are desperate for rain!
Sunny is fine by me. If the temperature is 75 degrees F and there is a breeze from the Pacific, I have no complaints about that. Throw in a chilled bottle of pop, some ice cream(orange sherbert preferably) and some sunglasses, lovely.

Old 07-16-2009, 07:58 AM

3,282 posts, read 5,202,213 times
I can hardly deal with hot weather at all. If it gets to 80 here I don't know what to do. As much as I may complain about the Winter at the time, I love my cold, snowy, rainy weather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City