U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Which is better overall?
Jersey Shore 64 81.01%
NY Beaches (NYC and Long Island) 15 18.99%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Old 05-05-2009, 02:02 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
4,085 posts, read 7,641,224 times
Reputation: 2646

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Sorry, I'll take Splish splash in Riverhead instead I wouldn't want to spend $10 in tolls to go to one in NJ. It was named to be in the top 5 waterparks in the country
That's good, I'm glad you have one waterpark to go to at least. It's not quite the same as just walking off the beach and across the boardwalk while still in a bathing suit and then just jumping into the fun on the water park slides and other fun stuff, but hey, if you don't mind leaving a beach, and driving through traffic, and parking, and walking across the parking lot then I'm sure it's fine!
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-05-2009, 02:28 PM
 
Location: Concrete jungle where dreams are made of.
8,900 posts, read 13,170,817 times
Reputation: 1819
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
That's good, I'm glad you have one waterpark to go to at least. It's not quite the same as just walking off the beach and across the boardwalk while still in a bathing suit and then just jumping into the fun on the water park slides and other fun stuff, but hey, if you don't mind leaving a beach, and driving through traffic, and parking, and walking across the parking lot then I'm sure it's fine!

For 1 of the top 5 best water parks in the country, I don't think people mind. I always see tons of NJ license plates too at Splish Splash
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-05-2009, 03:08 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
4,085 posts, read 7,641,224 times
Reputation: 2646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
For 1 of the top 5 best water parks in the country, I don't think people mind. I always see tons of NJ license plates too at Splish Splash
I'm sure some people don't mind, but most people, especially adults, prefer the setup at the Jersey Shore, where I see tons of NY, and PA, and Connecticut, and Delaware, and Maryland plates!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-05-2009, 03:15 PM
 
Location: where my heart is
5,642 posts, read 7,927,444 times
Reputation: 1661
Default Some people prefer pools and water parks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
I'm sure some people don't mind, but most people, especially adults, prefer the setup at the Jersey Shore, where I see tons of NY, and PA, and Connecticut, and Delaware, and Maryland plates!
to beaches. I don't like sand. Actually, I HATE sand. I only go to the beach a couple of times a year, when relatives visit.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-05-2009, 03:20 PM
 
Location: 3219'03.7"N 10643'55.9"W
8,112 posts, read 17,259,506 times
Reputation: 7276
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
I'm sure some people don't mind, but most people, especially adults, prefer the setup at the Jersey Shore, where I see tons of NY, and PA, and Connecticut, and Delaware, and Maryland plates!
Don't forget Quebec plates as well. A ton of them.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-05-2009, 03:21 PM
 
Location: Concrete jungle where dreams are made of.
8,900 posts, read 13,170,817 times
Reputation: 1819
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
I'm sure some people don't mind, but most people, especially adults, prefer the setup at the Jersey Shore, where I see tons of NY, and PA, and Connecticut, and Delaware, and Maryland plates!

I also see plates from all different states here too, so what's the big deal?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-05-2009, 03:24 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
4,085 posts, read 7,641,224 times
Reputation: 2646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
I also see plates from all different states here too, so what's the big deal?
Just not nearly as many as the Jersey Shore, which is a much, much more popular vacation destination than Long Island. Just look at the poll for this thread - it's a blowout!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-05-2009, 03:25 PM
 
Location: Concrete jungle where dreams are made of.
8,900 posts, read 13,170,817 times
Reputation: 1819
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
Just not nearly as many as the Jersey Shore, which is a much, much more popular vacation destination than Long Island. Just look at the poll for this thread - it's a blowout!

34 votes in a forum poll doesn't represent what most of the country thinks. Anyway, the majority of those people are from NJ who voted for them. There are a lot more NJians than Long Islanders on here.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-05-2009, 03:28 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
4,085 posts, read 7,641,224 times
Reputation: 2646
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
to beaches. I don't like sand. Actually, I HATE sand. I only go to the beach a couple of times a year, when relatives visit.
Exactly! Just imagine, in NJ, you could take the relatives who love the beach to the Jersey Shore, but then those who prefer a pool and waterpark can go to one right there also, on the other side of the boardwalk so there's no sand! It's the best solution for that problem, and part of the reason why the Jersey Shore just blows the NY and LI beaches right out of the water (pun intended)!!!

New Jersey and you, PERFECT together!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-05-2009, 03:30 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
4,085 posts, read 7,641,224 times
Reputation: 2646
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Don't forget Quebec plates as well. A ton of them.
Great point, mike! I forgot about that! I have never seen a Quebec plate in Montauk, Jones Beach, or any NY beach. They'd rather drive a little further, down the beautiful Garden State Parkway, with no trucks, and go to Wildwood to enjoy everything that they wouldn't even get in NY.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top